Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parasitic Eximus For Infested Will Just Make You Barf Rainbows.

BloodArmoredApostle

1282786204310.jpg

I am truly sorry I enjoy the new challenge that comes with infested now, but being knocked down at 25min the 25 min interval is bad enough because truth is you cant dodge every knockdown (*smiles* at Mutalist Tar Moa and the many healers infested with mocked down scorpions hooks). I mean its bad enough you get knocked down and dragged. Then there is the mysterious parasitic eximus that seemly has no number about 20 mins into a survival farm against infested. Like what is the spawn rate on these things really. You kill like one of em and two more show up, the rate of drain is insane. So, find your self about a min later only at 21-22 mins constantly trying to find these guys.

So, your focus is to either kill those guys or move away from range if you can locate the direction of the drain. Why is there no indicator for these guys? Like they are probably a link to a lot of deaths in infested survivals/defenses in dark sectors. Yea poison is a problem but can be dealt with by killing that ancient in lots of cases or the flying mutalist osprey.

Then the beloved healers which come en-mass to the sector to secure the dark sector and defend her. Then you seem to lose track of Parasitic Eximus which by the time you are dealing with the healers which have now increased in number. You seem to find yourself constantly at this point losing energy, and can't recover it from them at all (so wonderful *barf*) 

Like, really the picture above is like perfect. You barf rainbows and your skittles are now mush before you computer keyboard for which you had just almost enjoyed those wonderful skittles to taste the rainbow. Instead now the bitter taste in your mouth seems to be the foul stench of how many were there (parasitic eximus/healers/Tar moas). 

Yes, like how many of those damnable things spawn at a time? I can't even trust the rainbow anymore....

rainbow_puke_vr_2___vr_1_is_my_profile_p

DEs way of "challenge", completely making one way of combat unviable and forcing you to use another one. Thats how a real master balances ability play, applause!

Because reworking the OP skills would be too much work.

Edited by Genoscythe

uh... are you talking about barfing rainbows or parasitic eximus?  Because I like both of them.  Sure it's slightly annoying to have my energy drained, but with all the other sh*t going on parasitic eximi (eximus? stupid plural version. whatever.)  are the very least of my problems.

The biggest offenders are the Parasitic Chargers which get buffed with armour and damage resist and you can't even kill it because an Ancient Healer and an Ancient Disruptor hides in a corner. Happened to me once, all I'll say is that I barfed the full spectrum of electromagnetic waves that day.

Edited by CapedBaldy

uh... are you talking about barfing rainbows or parasitic eximus?  Because I like both of them.  Sure it's slightly annoying to have my energy drained, but with all the other sh*t going on parasitic eximi (eximus? stupid plural version. whatever.)  are the very least of my problems.

It isn't just about losing energy my friend its the fact you have no way to recoup any of that, and its not like energy restores are cheap these days. Those eximus parasitics is like the majority of the problem I face with infested. I mean the knockdowns are annoying to no end due to the sheer number of infested ancients you can't dodge every one of em. By the time you recover. There are at least 3 at 20mins survival 3 of those parasitic eximuses and nothing at all you can do as your energy goes from 300-0 in over 10-15 seconds.

Edited by BloodArmoredApostle

You are surrounded by infested, there is a parasitic in the mist.  You attack the parasite but the group of infested blocks you from harming it, you use the remaining energy you have to crowd control the infested out of the way, impossible, there is a group of ancient healers, you make an attempt to attack the healers, impossible the infested have you surrounded and unable to move and the ancients are over healed from the damage you dealt with the crowd control ability, Ancient healer grapples you rendering you unable to do anything, tar mutalist lobs goo at you slowing your ability to get up from the grapple.  Infested beat on you and you are getting up slowly because of the tar, lose a turn.  Infested beat on you, you use this turn to get up fully.  Infested beat on you, would you like to revive or quit?

Edited by ReneClaw

One word: Constitution. 

Are you constituted, Tenno? 

Been there done that...that doesn't solve the problem of parasitic eximus spawn and drain rate at all after you find your death screen swarmed with them at just 20mins.

Are you Tar-Moad Tenno? Can you get up fast enough at that point. Its not like your in a squad of 4 everytime you go on mission. It might just be you or the "other" tenno that is with you. If you get hooked and tarred...now all you need now is feathers.

You are surrounded by infested, there is a parasitic in the mist.  You attack the parasite but the group of infested blocks you from harming it, you use the remaining energy you have to crowd control the infested out of the way, impossible, there is a group of ancient healers, you make an attempt to attack the healers, impossible the infested have you surrounded and unable to move and the ancients are over healed from the damage you dealt with the crowd control ability, Ancient healer grapples you rendering you unable to do anything, tar mutalist lobs goo at you slowing your ability to get up from the grapple.  Infested beat on you and you are getting up slowly because of the tar, lose a turn.  Infested beat on you you use this turn to get up fully.  Infested beat on you, would you like to revive or quit?

Ultimately the Grand Scheme right here...+ all my 1s and 2s

Been there done that...that doesn't solve the problem of parasitic eximus spawn and drain rate at all after you find your death screen swarmed with them at just 20mins.

Are you Tar-Moad Tenno? Can you get up fast enough at that point. Its not like your in a squad of 4 everytime you go on mission. It might just be you or the "other" tenno that is with you. If you get hooked and tarred...now all you need now is feathers.

Lol ah, i see. 

You are surrounded by infested, there is a parasitic in the mist.  You attack the parasite but the group of infested blocks you from harming it, you use the remaining energy you have to crowd control the infested out of the way, impossible, there is a group of ancient healers, you make an attempt to attack the healers, impossible the infested have you surrounded and unable to move and the ancients are over healed from the damage you dealt with the crowd control ability, Ancient healer grapples you rendering you unable to do anything, tar mutalist lobs goo at you slowing your ability to get up from the grapple.  Infested beat on you and you are getting up slowly because of the tar, lose a turn.  Infested beat on you, you use this turn to get up fully.  Infested beat on you, would you like to revive or quit?

This is the main problem individually all the improved and new infested units are quite well balanced but during actual gameplay it is quite easy for them to form a literally invincible clusterf**k that prevents you from doing anything until you are dead.

But hey, there's Handspring to counter the knockdown and Rage so you can get energy in a pinch so there's no problem, right?

Right, guys?

Ok, put 2 parasitic eximus and 3 healers and a couple of toxic aura ancients with a mutalist opsrey and tar moa beside each other. Then, lets top that off with a a Venomous Eximus.  Also lets include that these are just level 20-24 infested, and that you have been hit with tar by the tar moa by this time as their projectile speed seems "hitscan". Add about 5-7 normal chargers and about 10 volatile runners with 3 of the runner there. A few crawlers crawling to you position as you "slowly" recover in tarred state.

What is your priority target, in your knocked down state?

This is the main problem individually all the improved and new infested units are quite well balanced but during actual gameplay it is quite easy for them to form a literally invincible clusterf**k that prevents you from doing anything until you are dead.

I like the feel of infested being Tenno's most dangerous enemy.

Ok, put 2 parasitic eximus and 3 healers and a couple of toxic aura ancients with a mutalist opsrey and tar moa beside each other. Then, lets top that off with a a Venomous Eximus. What is your priority target, in your knocked down state? Also lets include that these are just level 20-24 infested, and that you have been hit with tar by the tar moa by this time as their projectile speed seems "hitscan". Add about 5-7 normal chargers and about 10 volatile runners with 3 of the runner there. A few crawlers crawling to you position as you "slowly" recover in tarred state.

I meant my comment in a sarcastic way, mate. I was poking fun at the trend that some people think things are fine just because you can mod to counter it.

In that situation, I'd just get the hell out. Honestly. But realistically speaking, I'd get staggered around by the volatile runners and probably die to the 'weak claw attacks' of Chargers. If I'm lucky and the heavens smile upon me and after I've sacrificed a goat to RNGesus, I'll manage to get out.

I meant my comment in a sarcastic way, mate. I was poking fun at the trend that some people think things are fine just because you can mod to counter it.

In that situation, I'd just get the hell out. Honestly. But realistically speaking, I'd get staggered around by the volatile runners and probably die to the 'weak claw attacks' of Chargers. If I'm lucky and the heavens smile upon me and after I've sacrificed a goat to RNGesus, I'll manage to get out.

IK I follow ya and im just goin along with it just incase someone really thot you mean the opposite lol....but yea time to move from that area aint it XD.

Dead Eximi cannot drain you energy.

Pls see note below and use a logic problem solving strategy for this situation under these conditions "sense" you have a bright idea.

Ok, put 2 parasitic eximus and 3 healers and a couple of toxic aura ancients with a mutalist opsrey and tar moa beside each other. Then, lets top that off with a a Venomous Eximus.  Also lets include that these are just level 20-24 infested, and that you have been hit with tar by the tar moa by this time as their projectile speed seems "hitscan". Add about 5-7 normal chargers and about 10 volatile runners with 3 of the runner there. A few crawlers crawling to you position as you "slowly" recover in tarred state.

What is your priority target, in your knocked down state?

First, their projectiles far from hit-scan, and you can evade it. Just stay on move (which almost the rule against Infested).

Second, you can jump and do air dash to get out faster.

Third, you have powers to CC enemies, such as Stomp, Chaos, Radial Blind, Irradiated Disarm, Vortex, Molecular Prime; defensive powers, such as Iron Skin, Link; and nuke powers such as Miasma. Any of them can give you upper hand in the combat, if you use them right.

Four, mods can add Punch Through to your weapon, which allow you to pick any target in the middle of the bunch (and take down his buddies on tthe line of fire).

So, i just put Iron Skin, cast Roar, and take down them all in one mag (Ancient Healers must go down first).