Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Leagues (Sub-Syndicates) Aka: Fanfic Fuel

Morec0

If you know me (which you probably do not) you know that in my opinion fictional groups are at their best when they’re not completely focalized around a singular ideal – when there’s a little dissention in their ranks and a little split on what they ought to be doing.  To that extent, I was speaking with Jowain92 (if anyone remembers him - the name Tribunal of Athena was his idea and he helped extensively with fleshing out what I call the Imperial Covenant(this version of it, anyway)) and some peeps in the Relays a little about such things and they agreed with the – inspiring me to go ahead with this post idea: a pair of opposing Sub-Syndicates (I call them Leagues) for each of our current Syndicates.

Note that I put it here in Fan Zone rather than Fan Concepts for a reason: I’m not really out to say that these ought to be incorporated into the game (because there’s no real good reason to and implementation of them adds zilch all to actual gameplay other than more Reputations to level), I just had an idea that I thought people might like and might be interested in using in fan fictions or RPs and such to add a little spice to such things.

Steel Meridian:

(Ideas for the Brazen Shield and Iron Chain suggested by Akavakaku.)

Brazen Shield – “We are all that stands between the people and their oppressors, and we of the Brazen Shield will protect them at all costs and fight for their freedom.”

Stressing that the citizens of the Origin System must be safeguarded, the Brazen Shield puts itself between the people and their oppressors to fight for them.

Iron Chain – “Freedom cannot be given, it must be taken, and we of the Iron Chain will lead the people in rebellion to take the bindings of their slavery and shatter them.”

Believing the people must be the ones to take freedom for themselves, the Iron Chain seeks to rally the colonies of Origin into a singular and glorious revolution.

Arbiters of Hexis:

The Tribunal of Athena – “The Tribunal of Athena sees the conflict of the system as inexorable and a barrier to enlightenment; in order for the Tenno to become more, this place must be abandoned.”

The Tribunal of Athena believes the Origin System to be a lost cause, beyond any hope of salvation, and see the only course of action to be abandoning it to pursue enlightenment.

The Imperial Covenant – “The Tenno are the true and sole heirs to the Origin System.  We of the Imperial Covenant shall do everything in our power to help them lay claim to their birthright.”

The Imperial Covenant believes the Origin System requires autocracy to be rid of its chaos, and see no better masters than the those created by its former, Orokin rulers – the Tenno.

Cephalon Suda:

(Note: I picture these being sort of “lesser” Cephalons that have sort of affixed themselves to Suda because of how powerful she is – think of them as, like, mods to your favorite game.)

Cephalon Archon – “Cephalon Archon understands more than any organics could hope to – I accept the burden of governance this greatness entails.”

Cephalon Archon believes a great a singular mind must take charge of the Origin System to prevent further destruction and loss of knowledge – and great and singular mind being his. 

Cephalon Alexis – “Cephalon Alexis is fascinated by the workings of organics.  If there is anything I can help you understand, do not hesitate to ask.”

Cephalon Alexis believes organics to have the potential to rid themselves of their strife, and merely require a slight push from the outside – in the form of knowledge – to achieve this utopia.

The Perrin Sequence:

(Idea for The Pythagorean Solution suggested by Shoku-Nin.  Idea for the Fractal Continuum suggested by Periapsis.)

The Pythagorean Solution –  “The Pythagorean Solution is the much-needed insurance of the steadily prospering business federation that is the Perrin Sequence. We cannot pursue our goals without being conscious of external threat.”

Though their ultimate goal remains system-wide peace, the Pythagorean Solution realizes that conflict on the path to such a goal is inevitable and operates accordingly.

The Fractal Continuum – “Though competition will help us thrive, resorting to conflict will only hinder our ultimate agenda. The Fractal Continuum believes the Perrin Sequence must stay on course if our goals are ever to be realized.”

The Fractal Continuum seeks to avoid conflict and resort solely to business ventures to spread prosperity throughout the system, violence only begets violence.

Red Veil:

Crimson Hammer – “The annihilation of the corrupt will result in much destruction – in this wake, the Crimson Hammer shall dedicate itself to rebuilding.”

Crimson Hammer looks to the future without their foes and sees a chance as renewal.  From the ashes of the corrupt shall rise a chance at peace.

Scarlet Blade – “Where there are bastions of power there is corruption – the Scarlet Blade shall see to it that no such bastions shall ever rise from the ashes.”

Scarlet Blade believes the only way to ensure the end of corruption is to ensure the end of powerful organizations.  To them, anarchy is security.

New Loka:

(Note: I did the best translations I could with the minimal understanding of Sanskrit – where the word Loka comes from – that I could rustle up from Google.  The Translations are supposed to be “Return” and “Expand” respectively.  If anyone can provide better translations I’ll gladly switch them out.)

Path of Agati – “We of the Path of Agati believe that Earth is the only home humanity is meant to have.  We seek nothing more than to return there.”

The Path of Agati believes humanity should never have left the womb of Mother Earth and dreams of a great exodus back to the place of their species’ birth.

Great Phulla – “Those who follow the Great Phulla believe humanity’s destiny is to spread through the stars and bring its glory to all it touches.”

The followers of Great Phulla believe it is the destiny of humankind to colonize the whole of the universe, bringing their greatness to all corners of existence.

Use whatever you want, or don't. Either way, I hope you enjoyed the read.

Edited by Morec0

I love it. I feel like the Perrin Sequence sub-syndicates were a little sad, though. Felt kind of boring and petty.

I literally could not think of anything else for them. They were even worse than Steel Meridian - yeah, Steel Meridian was a B*TCH to come up with ideas for. Literally the only thing I'm satisfied with from PS' guys are the names.

You can't kill Ruk.  He is a legend among men.  Also I'm sure he could see reason; he's a smart guy with strong values.

And utter devotion to his Queens that he's not yet had any reason to question - I mean, out of all the Grineer character's he's the ONE that hasn't failed horribly in their task (aside from, you know, dying). But people like the idea, and that's not going away any time soon.

• 1 month later...

I hope this isn't threadromancy, but I feel like offering an alternative to the Perrin Sequence splinter-factions...

The names are really good for these by the way! So I'll keep 'em, couldn't do a better job if I tried.

The Pythagorean Solution – “The Pythagorean Solution is the much-needed insurance of the steadily prospering business federation that is the Perrin Sequence. We cannot pursue our goals without being conscious of external threat.”

Though the main objective of the Perrin Sequence is a shared peace for all, in such a war-torn system, negotiation is often a non-option. For situations where conflict is inevitable, or a threat to the Sequence is deemed too great to ignore, this unit of privately-owned strong-armers will be called upon in times necessity and emergency. 

Armed with the best technology the Sequence can provide, these corporate guards will often be assigned to guard and protect small business, or acting bodyguards to important personnel.

The Fractal Continuum seems a little redundant to me but I'm having trouble thinking of anything at the moment... I'm trying to avoid an overly "peace-keeping" vibe as with the Pythagorean Solution... Maybe they'd form a cadre of professionals seeking to ensure the safety and continuation of all trading routes, logistics, etc?

That was fun though!

Edited by Shoku-Nin

As a proud Senior Executive of the Perrin Sequence (and because Offworld Trading Company has put me in the mood), I humbly submit a suggestion for the Fractal Continuum:

The Fractal Continuum  "The Origin System is falling into chaos. To remain competitive, we must fully understand the market. Send a message to the Jupiter depot; Analysis reports that the Corpus are about to short-sell Rubedo."

The Perrin Sequence has invested in nearly every industry in the Origin System, and it is the Fractal Continuum that decides how and when to buy. They believe that the only way to ensure continued profit is to keep on top of the market's trends, and are not afraid to manipulate the market through less-than-sporting methods to make the trends benefit the Sequence. Their already-formidable economic analysis teams are aided by Cephalons and their vast processing resources, and if Analysis doesn't predict profit, the Continuum has strike teams ready to change those trends in the name of Profit.

I hope this isn't threadromancy, but I feel like offering an alternative to the Perrin Sequence splinter-factions...

The names are really good for these by the way! So I'll keep 'em, couldn't do a better job if I tried.

The Pythagorean Solution – “The Pythagorean Solution is the much-needed insurance of the steadily prospering business federation that is the Perrin Sequence. We cannot pursue our goals without being conscious of external threat.”

Though the main objective of the Perrin Sequence is a shared peace for all, in such a war-torn system, negotiation is often a non-option. For situations where conflict is inevitable, or a threat to the Sequence is deemed too great to ignore, this unit of privately-owned strong-armers will be called upon in times necessity and emergency. 

Armed with the best technology the Sequence can provide, these corporate guards will often be assigned to guard and protect small business, or acting bodyguards to important personnel.

The Fractal Continuum seems a little redundant to me but I'm having trouble thinking of anything at the moment... I'm trying to avoid an overly "peace-keeping" vibe as with the Pythagorean Solution... Maybe they'd form a cadre of professionals seeking to ensure the safety and continuation of all trading routes, logistics, etc?

That was fun though!

As a proud Senior Executive of the Perrin Sequence (and because Offworld Trading Company has put me in the mood), I humbly submit a suggestion for the Fractal Continuum:

The Fractal Continuum  "The Origin System is falling into chaos. To remain competitive, we must fully understand the market. Send a message to the Jupiter depot; Analysis reports that the Corpus are about to short-sell Rubedo."

The Perrin Sequence has invested in nearly every industry in the Origin System, and it is the Fractal Continuum that decides how and when to buy. They believe that the only way to ensure continued profit is to keep on top of the market's trends, and are not afraid to manipulate the market through less-than-sporting methods to make the trends benefit the Sequence. Their already-formidable economic analysis teams are aided by Cephalons and their vast processing resources, and if Analysis doesn't predict profit, the Continuum has strike teams ready to change those trends in the name of Profit.

With a stronger "no, don't do harm" lean on your Fractal, Peria, I think it would do wonders. Already love yours, Shoku.

I'll tinker it up a bit and give you both credit in the OP.

Crimson Hammer... Scarlet Blade... Crimson Hammer... Scarlet Blade... Oh, my ideologies are conflicting again! Save me Cantis!

But yeah, I'm as impressed as ever with your work which I'm always happy to read, as Stalker-ish as it sounds.

Edited by Blackout751

Really glad you thought so, Morec0!

And, for what it's worth, I like where Periapsis was going with the Continuum.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/182223-share-your-character-ooc-discussion/page-20#entry4470528 I posted my character bio on this thread, and took the liberty of tying in the Pythagorean Solution with things. Seemed a nice opportunity to give some depth to the concept, if that's alright with you! 

Let me know. Cheers.

Edited by Shoku-Nin

Really glad you thought so, Morec0!

And, for what it's worth, I like where Periapsis was going with the Continuum.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/182223-share-your-character-ooc-discussion/page-20#entry4470528 I posted my character bio on this thread, and took the liberty of tying in the Pythagorean Solution with things. Seemed a nice opportunity to give some depth to the concept, if that's alright with you! 

Let me know. Cheers.

It is the exact reason I created these things for. Cheers!

Though, I have to say that the Conflagration would be disgusted by the idea of a noble Tenno serving as a bodyguard at the "beck and call" of someone. He disproves greatly.

Edited by Morec0

Awesome!

Hahaha my character is most definitely an amoral sell-out through and through. But if he could see the crazy dental plan that came with the job...

...could he really blame her?

"You tarnish the noble ways of the Tenno with your greed.  Your lust for wealth has blinded you to what you are meant to be, and your fallen brothers and sisters weep for it. Remember who you are, Tenno; you are no mercenary. You are a warrior."

- The Conflagration

All that nonsense aside, love the character. Can't really say much about it, my Ash, The Collector, just wants to own one example of everything - even living creatures. He and Cordylon get along well.

Edited by Morec0

The nonsense is very much appreciated! Though I've only just started reading up on this Conflagration of yours...

Thanks very much for saying so, It means a lot! I like the sound of your Collector, he sounds like a real class-A creep. He should swing by my liset sometime and look at my collection of hideous sinewous mutations, over coffee!

Thanks very much for saying so, It means a lot! I like the sound of your Collector, he sounds like a real class-A creep. He should swing by my liset sometime and look at my collection of hideous sinewous mutations, over coffee!

He'd likely try to steal them. As for the Collector, here's a link to the fan-fic I wrote for him: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/74227-fan-fiction-the-collector/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope I'm not flogging a dead horse here, again, but I've added a character bio for a member of the Pythagorean Solution here .

Yes, I'm way too into this sub-syndicate thing! But it's a lot of fun.

Edit: HAHAHA just saw your reaction to that. Classic. Hahahahaha

Edited by Shoku-Nin

I hope I'm not flogging a dead horse here, again, but I've added a character bio for a member of the Pythagorean Solution here .

Yes, I'm way too into this sub-syndicate thing! But it's a lot of fun.

Edit: HAHAHA just saw your reaction to that. Classic. Hahahahaha

Not going to say anything against it, because I'd be bumping the hell out of this myself if I wasn't dedicated to preserving my "1-bump-only" rule. Simpy say that I approve of your work.

Also: HOLY S#&$! That pencil drawing's REALLY GOOD!

Then I'll be glad to give it the odd bump whenever I feel like adding something new! While I'm here actually, I thought it would be snazzy to have the Pythagorean Solution operate in groups of three, for juicy mathematical purposes. Or is that just too gimmicky?

I am most honoured to have your approval! Hahaha and thank you! I think I need to rework the hat it a bit, it looks maybe a bit too much like the relay-guy's hat... Then again, I guess a guy like him'd want to appear within the norm as possible. 

On the other hand, I really enjoy the image of these scrawny, crotchety-&#! merchants gathered 'round a holo-table, clad in their strange jumpsuits and weird, variously trapezoid-shaped hats, deciding how they can reduce the yearly deficits...

• 2 weeks later...

I really like Red Veil's leagues, but I have some different ideas for the others.

Steel Meridian

Iron Chain: The Iron Chain believes that justice will never come unless power is put in the hands of the people. They intend to lead the colonies in rebellion against their masters, and create a new structure of order in which the great factions are vulnerable to the will of the colonies.

Brazen Shield: This league vows to protect the innocent from the depredations of war, fighting its own battles against the empires. The Brazen Shield hopes that as long as the major factions are locked in battle, they cannot menace the populace.

Arbiters of Hexis

Council of Sest: The Council believes in aiding the Tenno in reaching independence from other factions. They want to free them from the burden of accountability to the state of the System.

Adjudicators of Enam: The Adjudicators see the current state of the System as a struggle to fill the power vacuum left by the Orokin. They believe the Tenno are capable of filling that role and returning order.

Cephalon Suda

Servion Myro: A subset of Suda's intelligence which reacts passively. It is concerned with observation of the universe, and its objective is to accumulate knowledge while minimally affecting events.

Servion Alion: A subset of Suda's intelligence which plans actively. It is concerned with distributing information as effectively as possible throughout the System in order to sway events in Suda's favor.

Perrin Sequence

Julia Sect: This economic party claims to see the bigger picture. Their strategies revolve around the theory that once the System is overall peaceful and prosperous, its problems will be easily resolved.

Taylor Series: A group which believes in the gravity of the System's crises. They intend to work to overcome the individual problems which stand in the way of their plans.

New Loka

Sunlit Palm Circle: Its members are those who see a hope for all to share in the bounty of Earth. They want to unite past, present and future in a harmony between humans, clones and AI.

Winding Vein Unity: These followers see the ways of old Earth as more important than what will become of the planet. They believe in bringing the old ways back to humans throughout the System.