The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About 75% I Have Been Noticing Something , If This Is True I Am Disgusted..

NickBoay

Exactly. This is actually a common business practice in video games. It's one reason why some games are region locked so that games that are heavily discounted in low income regions are not bought in bulk and then sold in the U.S. for a profit. 

This thread is disgusting alright. it's disgusting that someone in a first world country is complaining that someone in a developing country is getting a discount on VIRTUAL currency in a VIRTUAL video game. This is an example of first world problems at the extreme.

And I speak as someone living in the U.S.

first world country does not mean first class wallet, im not a rich person, not even a little bit wealty, 30 euros left on my bank if im lucky, so being in this first world country does not mean i can afford spending on plat, also about the part where u say i complain that people in poor countries get something i dont get , i quote my original post "  ( not the part where you grant poor people to buy plat, +1 for that, " i bless all those people in poor countries for getting 75% off, :) i was just tryna find out if its true, and many of OP has given me more reason to think it is, sure it is RNG but that just means you randomly get something based on rates, and what im tryna find out is if those rates are different for different countries, no hating here just some digging.

first world country does not mean first class wallet, im not a rich person, not even a little bit wealty, 30 euros left on my bank if im lucky, so being in this first world country does not mean i can afford spending on plat, also about the part where u say i complain that people in poor countries get something i dont get , i quote my original post "  ( not the part where you grant poor people to buy plat, +1 for that, " i bless all those people in poor countries for getting 75% off, :) i was just tryna find out if its true, and many of OP has given me more reason to think it is, sure it is RNG but that just means you randomly get something based on rates, and what im tryna find out is if those rates are different for different countries, no hating here just some digging.

Oh brother. Just because you are poor doesn't mean the average income of your country is low. And if you're not "hating" on poor countries getting cheaper plat then why did you title this topic with "I am disgusted"?  And no matter what, this is a "first world problem" because in the grand scheme of things, rich or poor, not having access to cheaper virtual currency in a video game is hardly an issue to be "disgusted" over.

Edited by EetNotErn

Stand back, tinfoil-garbed sjw is about to leap into action! (Sorry OP I'm just teasing you)

I don't personally see this has an issue actually. A high drop of 75% offs just means more affordable platinum for players in a given area. Non-issue and business tactic. Good4DE.

Nearly 900 hours on steam and haven't once gotten a 75% off. In britain.

I could believe this. 

You would believe that? Yea, this explain a lot, actually.

In Australia. Been screen shotting all the 20% and 50% and 75% I get. I get a lot, less of the higher discounts. I even have a time that I logged on both accounts on the same day and one got a 20% and the other a 50%. I recently got a 75% off on my secondary account that I can't use, as I want to keep it Plat free for testing, and simply buying Plat on that account to pass OVER to my primary is wrong in my book anyway.

If such a conspiracy was true then people would just make friends with people in "poor" countries and get THEM to buy all the Plat, and then spread that around to everyone else, and trade money back in Steam dollars or with Paypal or other similar methods, so what on earth would DE gain from it?

I have 5 mates that play within 50Km, and we have already done the "I got 50%/75% off, so does anyone need plat?" thing. Handing over $10 bucks next time we go to watch a movie together ain't exactly hard to do.

My i ask what's the point? even in poor country there are still rich people and in rich country there are still poor people. People who are actually poor won't even be able to play warframe at all. And people who can afford to play warframe (have good enough PC/consoles/internet) certainly aren't that poor. Doing this means DE just loosing money from the rich people of the poor country.

My i ask what's the point? even in poor country there are still rich people and in rich country there are still poor people. People who are actually poor won't even be able to play warframe at all. And people who can afford to play warframe (have good enough PC/consoles/internet) certainly aren't that poor. Doing this means DE just loosing money from the rich people of the poor country.

You're arguing in absolutes. Stop that.

Oh brother. Just because you are poor doesn't mean the average income of your country is low. And if you're not "hating" on poor countries getting cheaper plat then why did you title this topic with "I am disgusted"?  And no matter what, this is a "first world problem" because in the grand scheme of things, rich or poor, not having access to cheaper virtual currency in a video game is hardly an issue to be "disgusted" over.

you are thinking in the wrong direction here, i bless the poor peope for it let me say it a third time, maybe it comes trough this time, but this is in conflict with one of my beliefs and that is that everyone everywhere should be treated equal. Offcourse this is planet earth and its all normal that people cannot communicate normally and accept that someone has a opinion other then theirs, (( france for example )) but yes i am disgusted about it.

in other worlds im not complaining about poor people getting the better deals, i am complaining that they NEVER show up for people in a wealty country, Because i REALIZE that even in those first world countries are POOR people. and it aint fair to THEM, im fine like i said i got everything i want in this game, im not even writing for myself "mainly" i am trying to write for all gamers in first world countries(yes "including" myself) that cant miss any money due to being poor. 

what your bassicly saying now is, so your poor? ok but ur country aint so u rich, what madness logic is that...

Edited by NickBoay

dude, i live in Dubai, and i have been playing this game since update 9. between update 9 and 15 i got a total of 3 %sales. 1 75% and 2 20%. , yet in the last two months i had 5 75% sales. my caln is nearly going to ninja assassinate me just for my luck with the RNG. its not the country, trust me, becuase i didn't change my country for the last 2 years, and its certainly not related to how the economy of the country is, becuase again, i didn't change where i am playing from. IT IS LUCK WITH THE RNG.....