Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag An Volt Need Reworks

(PSN)ChaosLordZerato

one of the most well-balanced and powerful frames in the game right now. He doesn't really need anything.

This.

Volt is the most balanced frame.

His only "problem" is that bombard missiles go through his shields.

But that's a hitbox problem more than anything cause those missiles go through everything.

This.

Volt is the most balanced frame.

His only "problem" is that bombard missiles go through his shields.

But that's a hitbox problem more than anything cause those missiles go through everything.

We went to level 50 in a Void T4 defense, level 100+ bombard is in the distance.  Even though we had a Frost protecting the cryopod the missile went straight through, 1-hit the pod.

DE please fix.

If this is something about press-4-to-win situations, yes. Mag and Volt do suck, but it doesnt work that way on high level missions a.k.a. Voids

Mag's core skill is mostly designated to [2]Shield polarize which can obliterate a wide range area (farther than Excaliber's Radial Javelin) and does wipe off 70%-80% of the mobs in 1 wave @ T4D (just an example) and makes her a tank if she has Transendence.

for Volt, his core skills is his [2] Speed and [3] Electric Shield  which works pretty well especially with speed's augment mod. 

Not all frame runs with power str, some are on duration/efficiency.

Edited by Airnad

Mag is very good at what she does, namely molesting corpus and running void.

What some people considers an issue for Mag is that her abilities are very unimpressive against grineer and infested (ineffective, you might even say). On top of that her low base health makes her very vulnerable to massive bleed procs from grineer and toxin damage from infested. 

Edited by ltlsiren

I actually think both these frames are good. All their powers have utility and/or CC that allows them to scale and use the majority of their entire kit throughout gaming content. All of Mag's abilities (outside of Crush) can apply CC to an area and also takes the heat away from her or others through its Utility. Pull removes threats from an area and (hopefully) kills them. Even if it doesn't, you still get them displaced. Shield Polarize can severely weaken enemy shields and damage them, not to mention restoring yours and those around you (i think). Bullet Attractor can save a small area if you hit a target right. You could cordon off an entire hallway by hitting the unit in front with it. Not to mention the blast should the target die.

Volt is kinda the same story. Shock not only chain lightnings but also stuns enemy units. Shield allows you to set up a good sniping spot or hold enemies off while also giving your outgoing shots some added electricity damage. And Speed gives you the ability to reposition and even bypass whole enemy mobs. Of course his ult isn't that well at scaling, but that doesn't mean he needs an entire rework.

I think what would help you is if both their ultimate abilities had some sort of utility. Maybe a knockdown and magnetic proc for Mag, and a shock proc or prolonged stun for Volt?

I know what the how to use them I feel like there just one faction use an hardly even that I use saryn for all the enemies in the game her abilities have many uses. I would want them to shorten them animation on crush an overload an make volts shield stop any projectile like it use to.

There are things Volt's shield doesn't stop? 

Only explosions go through it, but they go through everything.

And Volt and Mag are both arguably better choices than Saryn right now, she has even less utility than they do and her abilities do not scale well.

I actually think both these frames are good. All their powers have utility and/or CC that allows them to scale and use the majority of their entire kit throughout gaming content. All of Mag's abilities (outside of Crush) can apply CC to an area and also takes the heat away from her or others through its Utility. Pull removes threats from an area and (hopefully) kills them. Even if it doesn't, you still get them displaced. Shield Polarize can severely weaken enemy shields and damage them, not to mention restoring yours and those around you (i think). Bullet Attractor can save a small area if you hit a target right. You could cordon off an entire hallway by hitting the unit in front with it. Not to mention the blast should the target die.

Volt is kinda the same story. Shock not only chain lightnings but also stuns enemy units. Shield allows you to set up a good sniping spot or hold enemies off while also giving your outgoing shots some added electricity damage. And Speed gives you the ability to reposition and even bypass whole enemy mobs. Of course his ult isn't that well at scaling, but that doesn't mean he needs an entire rework.

I think what would help you is if both their ultimate abilities had some sort of utility. Maybe a knockdown and magnetic proc for Mag, and a shock proc or prolonged stun for Volt?

I would like to see Overload get some utility, maybe super charging allied shields for a few seconds (Allowing Shields to regen even when taking damage for a few seconds for example)?

Edited by Basilisk1991

OK so maybe not reworked like everyone says but shorten animation an both crush an overload an added effect.

Volt overload should restore team shield as someone said before.

Mags crush should be a one handed move or give an augmented mod to pull in enemies when performing the move

An for the one that said ember needs rework all she needs is speed she's fine limbo just came out an he's a bit tricky to play with but I see nothing wrong