The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

'crashes' My Computer

DemonBlair

Okay. I think it MIGHT be on my end with this one. But I've been a long time player of Warframe. These new updates as of late seem to not fix this for me. When I play, at some points and times, when the area I'm in is big, or there are too many enemies on screen, my graphics flip out. It only happens on the game screen. It's like EVERYTHING'S graphics flip out in a way that bars of color just shoot across my screen. Sometimes it goes away, sometimes it crashes my display driver completely. But there's a worse variant of it. At some points, when I'm in a mission and it happens, it crashes EVERYTHING on my computer, and just leaves me with a completely black screen. I don't really know how to fix this.

Edit: I used to be able to run this game flawlessly on all the highest settings though.

Edited by DemonBlair

Sounds like you might be suffering from hardware failure on your GPU.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers in case it's just a faulty driver.

You may need to also reinstall DirectX, and I'd suggest verifying the game data from the Warframe launcher settings for good measure.

I would also suggest running the game in windowed and see if it still happens (try Borderless Fullscreen, it's essentially windowed mode but it takes up the whole screen and doesn't show the window borders above/below/sides). If it does, try running it in a smaller window to try and reproduce the artifacting; if the artifacting extends outside of the game window then it's more than likely a hardware/driver issue with your GPU.

Sounds like you might be suffering from hardware failure on your GPU.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling your GPU drivers in case it's just a faulty driver.

You may need to also reinstall DirectX, and I'd suggest verifying the game data from the Warframe launcher settings for good measure.

I would also suggest running the game in windowed and see if it still happens (try Borderless Fullscreen, it's essentially windowed mode but it takes up the whole screen and doesn't show the window borders above/below/sides). If it does, try running it in a smaller window to try and reproduce the artifacting; if the artifacting extends outside of the game window then it's more than likely a hardware/driver issue with your GPU.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll test em' out.