Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Key Rewards Is Different Than What Is Promised!

xyLoneZ

Remember the poll back then where we were given a bad option and a worse one?

Well, be damned, because this is what happens.

Poll was:

Cycle in 3 x Random Void Keys, 1 x guaranteed T3 or T4 for 25K Standing. Sabotage Keys will included in the Random option.

That means there are chances that you'll get more than 1 T3/T4 keys if you're lucky

Update is:

Two keys in each pack will be random T1 or T2 mission keys, and every pack is also guaranteed to have a random T3 or T4 Void Key.

That means you can only get 1 T3/T4 keys

Is this just yet another loophole that DE use?

I... actually love this change regardless of the technicalities. Don't get me wrong, I love the T4 keys as much as the next guy, but man am I glad I now have a reliable way of getting T1, T2 and T3 keys without having to farm mind numbingly trivial low level missions.

I can see why some aren't as happy with it though, I want to point that out.

I... actually love this change regardless of the technicalities. Don't get me wrong, I love the T4 keys as much as the next guy, but man am I glad I now have a reliable way of getting T1, T2 and T3 keys without having to farm mind numbingly trivial low level missions.

Yet I found out the most reliable way to get T1-2 keys is by playing other T1-2 keys that were acquired by playing other T1-2 keys...

I can see why some aren't as happy with it though, I want to point that out.

That's not the point of this thread. The point of this thread, is pointing out the fact that DE doesn't stick to their (bad?) promises. They're pushing the boundary to its acceptable limit and see how much can they get away with. Or at least that's what I feel from this update anyway.

As if the choices weren't bad enough, they just need to find a way to make it worse and painful for us.

You should check out the datamined drop tables and see how RANDOM things actually are.... (hint...not so much)

Oh, I've seen them. But the "random" in RNG means the reward ball(imagine it's a ball) can randomly drop anywhere on any side of the reward table circle. No matter how weighted each percentage is, it's still random.

Oh, I've seen them. But the "random" in RNG means the reward ball(imagine it's a ball) can randomly drop anywhere on any side of the reward table circle. No matter how weighted each percentage is, it's still random.

Lets roll with this ball analogy.

Seeing how lots of items are uber weighted , Imagine the circle is a plate and one side is 25% heavier causing the plate to skew in its direction.

The ball still is random but now it's less likely to bounce back up the plate.

Lets roll with this ball analogy.

Seeing how lots of items are uber weighted , Imagine the circle is a plate and one side is 25% heavier causing the plate to skew in its direction.

The ball still is random but now it's less likely to bounce back up the plate.

"Weighted" in this case means the more common items takes up a larger percentage of the plate. It doesn't mean it would lean toward that side, but it's more likely it would drop there.

Randomness is when there is a lack of pattern or predictability in events. The RNG system in this game has a pattern and that is that parts are very unevenly distributed. If they were truly random they would all share the same drop rate.

Randomness is when there is a lack of pattern or predictability in events. The RNG system in this game has a pattern and that is that parts are very unevenly distributed. If they were truly random they would all share the same drop rate.

Even though they are unevenly distributed, the point where the ball will drop is still random.

"Weighted" in this case means the more common items takes up a larger percentage of the plate. It doesn't mean it would lean toward that side, but it's more likely it would drop there.

Which essentially means the same thing.

If its weighted its no longer "random" as used by the common folk.

If all you want is to argue over language definition then sure , technically even weighted odds are still random.

But people use the word random meaning one and one thing only; even odds.

DE does not make this distinction they just say "random" which means equal chance at everything while in reality they mean the less desirable stuff is much more likely to be picked .

Which is just pure bs.

Edited by TisEric

It's funny...I seen some pictures of players who bought the pack..and I can literally get all the keys they got just running a bunch of T1 DEF or ODD.. WHILE earning standing instead of spending it

so for a player like me who at 1 point had over 100 keys of each

I would be spending 25,000 standing just for a chance of a T4 Key

at best 25,000 standing for a chance of a T3 key and a T4key

no thankie

just don't waste you rep on this garbage. 

what the point to buy useless crap? i prefer mods/weapon that i can trade for prime part i could use

edit:

compare who long does it take to get 25k rep and how long does it take to play 4 rounds of interception.

and do you really want trash t1 keys u can get from every t1 surv, t1 def etc?!

Edited by fuffi2milka