Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

•making Alerts Less Devastating And More Fair To Everyone•

Noabettiet

Hey there!
So here is just an simply suggestion to help making our alert system less frustrating for ourselves (the player base).

+The way it works, is at it follows:

-Depending on how much the alert is worth → More time will it be available for everyone to do it.

What i meant is something like this:

If it has got credits above 2k -4k → +20 minutes than usual
If it has got an "?" reward → +30 minutes than usual
if it has got an legendary/rare anticipated "?" reward → +40/+50 minutes than usual

Somewhat scaling the worthfulness (worth of the reward money and special item on the alert) with the time it is available for everyone to try the alert.

Pic.1 - Example of how it is today: 

yFMxWbl.png

Hopefully this way, it will reduce the amount of players frustration for not getting "that alert" for being absent from the game during that time.

Yes, i understand the concept of having an random mission system and i kind of like to have these kind of "surprise missions" once in a while, in which engages us tenno to play in a mission like any other, which have special rewards.

But despite how much i like them, i can't simply ignore how frustrating it can be for my other fellow tenno, even if i already got what i wanted in that alert.

Edited by akkerusia

In all actuality shouldn't the high level/reward alerts be shorter because of the higher reward offered thus making them more prized to come across?  

Go ahead down vote, but you do know it's the truth

Soooo many people still butt hurt over the Glaive.....

I actuality got the Glaive.  :/ 

HpgD1zi.png

In all actuality shouldn't the high level/reward alerts be shorter because of the higher reward offered thus making them more prized to come across?  

Go ahead down vote, but you do know it's the truth

I don't quite get where you are going with it...  If it isn't too much, could you explain it a bit better? (edit i get it now)

But it is not a matter of making it more worthwhile. I don't even know where you got that idea.

What i meant is something like this:

If it has got credits above 2k -4k → +20 minutes than usual

If it has got an "?" reward → +30 minutes than usual

if it has got an legendary/rare anticipated "?" reward → +40/+50 minutes than usual

It is not that hard to understand is it?

Edited by akkerusia

this is the 3rd forum topic that I saw today wanting to change the alert system coincidentally after the glaive alert

I have been trying to change it before there was an glaive alert and if you take a closer look, i even posted an similar reply that replies yours as well...

Long story short: if it was the case, then it wouldn't make much sense. would it? I got that weapon already. 

Alerts are short for a reason and that is to give them a sense of urgency.

That's why they are called "Alerts" and not "Random Mission" or "Conveniently long high reward Missions so everyone can do them when they please within a timeframe that is a big as the time theyre awake per day" or something.

If you're ingame playing 30m - 1h is the perfect duration to get 3-6 Alerts as a Bonus if you play for 3 hours and even if you have Alerts that last for up to 3 hours there will still be the "Crybaby Faction" who misses stuff they want and rage in the forums.

You can't create a RNG based and timelimited system that's right for everyone.. one half will always cry and making the duration longer is not helping and contraicting to what the Alert system stands for.

The idea isn't half bad but it isn't feasible because some people are still going to miss it regardless.

And quit being a bitter prick guys, at least OP is trying to help in alleviating the grief from Alerts. If you guys can provide better suggestions then please do speak your mind.

There was a thread some time ago on a revive an alert kind of thing. One time use item just like the Revives but you can choose between the alerts that has passed by for the past 24 hours, and iirc it recharges daily at a capacity of only 1. It was a good idea to start off with. Only con is that you'd need to solo.

Alerts are short for a reason and that is to give them a sense of urgency.

That's why they are called "Alerts" and not "Random Mission" or "Conveniently long high reward Missions so everyone can do them when they please within a timeframe that is a big as the time theyre awake per day" or something.

If you're ingame playing 30m - 1h is the perfect duration to get 3-6 Alerts as a Bonus if you play for 3 hours and even if you have Alerts that last for up to 3 hours there will still be the "Crybaby Faction" who misses stuff they want and rage in the forums.

You can't create a RNG based and timelimited system that's right for everyone.. one half will always cry and making the duration longer is not helping and contraicting to what the Alert system stands for.

Good point, though i still feel that they need to do something than the usual missions for the alert system. As they are right now, it feels rather that of an random mission with rewards lately, doesn't it? Well this is unrelated lol. But for alerts, they don't actuality feel like such, rather feel like  normal missions.

Though, that latest video DE sent on youtube got me pumped for what i actuality call an REAL ALERT.

The idea isn't half bad but it isn't feasible because some people are still going to miss it regardless.

And quit being a bitter prick guys, at least OP is trying to help in alleviating the grief from Alerts. If you guys can provide better suggestions then please do speak your mind.

There was a thread some time ago on a revive an alert kind of thing. One time use item just like the Revives but you can choose between the alerts that has passed by for the past 24 hours, and iirc it recharges daily at a capacity of only 1. It was a good idea to start off with. Only con is that you'd need to solo.

Thank you, for both an good point and for not acting like some guys back there. Not saying you were the only one, but that i am happy that at least someone did not misunderstood me. :/

Devasating? How can an entirely positive mechanic that never removes anything be devastating? You either stay where you are or gain something. It is conceptually impossible for an alert to be devastating.

Devasating? How can an entirely positive mechanic that never removes anything be devastating? You either stay where you are or gain something. It is conceptually impossible for an alert to be devastating.

It's more like, "Aw, I just have something on so I couldn't make it back in time, and it was a potato that I really needed!"

Alerts likely should be random awards (like normal missions) not set awards (as they are currently), people dont care if they dont know what they missed out on.  It's the knowing what you missed thats the bigest factor for complaints.

I think we need a token system implemented. What if all alerts have a chance (could be a low chance or higher chance on some major alerts) of rewarding the player a token for completion. These tokens can then be traded for goodies or BPs. For example, The Glaive BP = 100 tokens or maybe 10 tokens = 1 Plat. This way all alerts are important and people will not overlook it if they don't like the reward. This system has been used in most MMOs out there why not in WF?

I hope that made sense. I'm a little tired and just got back from work.

Just a thought ;) 

Edited by Bloodywing