Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Staple Mods Are Ruining The Game

Spoof310

Hi, get off the forums and get off jupiter missions.

Let me assure you, the players at the apex of this game are greatly outnumbered by people like yourself who have very little understanding or comprehension of depth of content.

Make it to at least 2 hours in a survival/defence in the void and tell me that staple mods need to be adjusted. Sure serration is total overkill on low level missions and anyone can buy serration but the amount of players who take that step and take on the true challenges in this game understand very well that the mod system at the moment is fine.

If serration/hornet strike was built in and at level 30 on the gun you had 165% damage increase i could live with that freeing up a slot and offering more diversity in builds but knowing DE they will probably do something stupid and F*** over a lot of people and simply offer them legendary cores to keep the masses happy.

"True challenge?" ... I find that laughable.

This game does not have "challenge", it has a scaling barrier that effects combat. Challenge is taking on more complicated puzzles and having to face new elements in those puzzles. Wave 100 in Defense is exactly like wave 10 and the only difference is the fact the enemies absorb more bullets before going down and there is more of them. Abusing a short list of CC abilities in order to lock down level 1000 units long enough to shoot them is not my idea of "tactical gameplay", its just abusing weak AI scripts, and no different to jumping on crates to confuse Infested.

In a decent Fantasy RPG, "easy" is melee skeletons, and "hard" is flying, fire Breathing Dragons that also have their own spells. Here "easy" is a Heavy Gunner that goes down from 1 random bullet from an Mk1-Braton, and "hard" is Heavy gunners that need the whole team to carry Corrosive Projection and 30K DPS guns just in order to kill it before the single bullets they can fire is able to take someone out.

We have "staple mods" because they generally cover the 2 major modes, that being Defense and Survival. I can go practically naked into an Exterminate and finish it, and can complete most things like Capture, Rescue and Spy without firing a single shot (either then a single one at the Capture targets) without "Staple Mods".

Any mission that requires you to act as a bullet sponge and not move too much or too far into levels will usually require Mods that make you harder to kill, hence this "staple Mods" mentality.

How about we get DE to create new, actual missions that have a popup briefing that forces us to actually remake a build, rather then the one-build-fits-all? Just going out with the "staple Mods" for example in the latest Tactical Alerts would just get you murdered faster.

We build the way we do because raw DPS and ability to sit in the open firing away works. It needs to stop working, and not just against Level 80 units, it needs to be dangerous tactic against level 30+ units.

Edited by DSpite

Maybe on warframes i can see the removal of a few mods, for guns however i dont see this fixing anything really. in fact i see it as making things worse. There are things in this game that need to be fixed before mods are looked at. for example why do we need such high damage mods? Because the toughest enemies in the game scale in ridiculous ways and even maxed out load outs will eventually start to suffer against them. So lets say we do remove serration split chamber and heavy caliber (staple damage mods) and we put it into the weapons level instead (it starts off at 10 damage and at level 30 it has 30 damage or something like that) the enemies are still scaling insanely and now we just freed 3 mods slots essentially all people are going to do is slot in more elemental mods. if i am running a corrosive build with dual stat mods on a Braton Prime, why would i put in fast hands, ammo drum and magazine warp, when i can put in more elemental damage and do even more damage? removing those mods wont change anything, the essential mods will just be slightly different.

In addition, a lot of vets feel as though this game caters to newer players, and a move like this seems to cater to new players even more. Its already irritating to see a rank 2 with a boltor prime rolling through the void now imagine a new player with a boltor that has a built in fully maxed serration. if we kept the essential damage mods, then they could buy maxed out versions with plat but at least that way theres more plat to go around and the game is being supported by plat purchases. or they could max out their own copy on their own time, like everyone else did. 

for warframes however i never saw a problem with the way mods work on frames, i've seen enough variation in builds to know  that frames are super versatile and can be modded anyway a person wants and still be successful (for example i watched a stream with a Nyx built for duration where as i build mine the complete opposite or a chroma with maxed power strength to heal where as i build mine for max duration, its all in the play style 

tl;dr this move is catering to new players and the removal of essential damage mods is more of a replacement than a removal.