The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

T4D 100 Plus Waves Challenge

YouMom

Dear Tenno,

I will be hosting the T4D 100 PLUS WAVES CHALLENGE this coming weekend (17-18 Jan 2015, time between noon 12pm to 6 or even 8pm(GMT+8), depends and negotiable for those who are interested)

I will be providing the keys for the challenge.

As for the team composition, my strategy is to use MESA, NOVA, LOKI and LIMBO for the challenge.

The details will be as follows:

1) Mesa and nova job will be straight-forward, to provide firepower and clear waves asap. Nova will of course be using her Molecular Prime regularly while Mesa will be using her Peacemaker. Please make sure that if you are using Nova don't go for speed nova. We need strength/slow nova to slow down the waves and deal as much damage as possible.

2) Limbo's job will be to cast Cataclysm at the objective. All players and the objective inside the cataclysm will be invulnerable from almost all attacks except for Eximus Aura like poison etc. Players inside the cataclysm will not only enjoy invulnerability but also increase mana regen. It would be highly recommended for players to stay inside the cataclysm most of the time during the waves.
    But please take note on the cons/downside of Limbo's rift mechanism. Firstly when you are inside the rift zone you won't be able to pick up loots, but this problem is easily mitigated with the current patch on Limbo which make his Cataclysm able to be toggled on/off. The second downside which is more pressing is that you won't be able to damage the enemies with your physical attacks like shooting and melee if you are in the rift while the enemies are not. This is where Nova and Mesa comes in, because they are still able to hit the enemy with their skills regardless of whether they are in different rift as the enemies or not.

3) Loki's job is a tiny but more tricky than mesa and nova, but still relatively easy. Loki's main job is to clear the nullifiers.
Why Loki, you might ask. The idea is for Loki to become invisible and shoot the nullifier's shield from the outside thus depleting the shield for mesa to clean up or even killing the nullifier by Loki himself. Loki's invisibility will enable him to take down the nullifier without being detected and harmed by the enemies, thus making sure Mesa and Nova skills will affect all enemies without being stopped by the pesky nullifier.
    Imagine 5 to 10 corrupted bombards inside the nullifier's shield shooting their missiles freely, Even with cataclysm it will be a matter of time before the troops breach into the cataclysm and one shot us all to the abyss in the blink of an eye since we will all be in the same rift.

One question which many had asked me before, WHY NOT FROST INSTEAD OF LIMBO? The answer is quite simple actually, Frost shield is finite and would be rendered pretty useless especially at super late game when comes to blocking the enemies attacks whereas Limbo's cataclysm can mitigate almost all enemies attack regardless of how strong it is.

Another common question, WHY NO TRINITY? Well, why not ask DE why remove the invulnerability from Trinity's blessing? Although I had thought of using trinity instead of Loki to be the "Nullifier Hunter" by using her Link and spam blessing but there's still the risk of her getting out-damaged by the enemies since her damage resistance from her skills aren't 100%. Loki would be less risky since enemy can't detect invisibility at all.

Lastly another extremely important point to take note is that please try your best to clear the enemies before letting them into the cataclysm. The main purpose for this strategy is to be in the different rift as the enemy all the time so that we won't be harmed by them.

Last but not least ensure you have good connectivity to prevent DC and also please make sure you can commit 100%.

Those who are interested please reply to this post and provide me your IGN, mastery level and time-zone if you are not Singaporean and also the frame you are going to use. We can sought out the meet up time afterwards.

Suggestions to improve this strategy are welcomed.

Thank you for reading and hope that this challenge will be successful.

Honor and Glory awaits you!

Cheers!

PS: Most likely I'll be the Limbo so Nova, Mesa and Loki would be enough, thanks again!

Edit: Please have corrosive projection aura for better clearing of waves.

Edited by YouMom

For 100 waves you would most definitely want to have everyone running Corrosive Projection. I'm surprised you haven't got that in your requirements.

Good suggestion, added to my requirements.

Edited by YouMom

Loki can still be targeted while his invisable, he will need some type of silent weapon like thowing knifes to not get targeted

You mean although he's invisible the enemy can still detect the shooting from Loki just from the source of the sound and shoot at the general direction of the source???

Edited by YouMom

You mean although he's invisible the enemy can still detect the shooting from Loki just from the source of the sound and shoot at the general direction of the source???

yes, and for that, I suggest silent high RoF weapons......the throwing knives are the best at this, despair and hikou prime and maybe the synoid gammacor is silent too I think 

Edited by Kenshin98

yes, and for that, I suggest silent high RoF weapons......the throwing knives are the best at this, despair and hikou prime and maybe the synoid gammacor is silent too I think 

Yes I went to warframe wiki and apparently grammacor is a silence weapon, I think it's the best weapon for Loki to deplete the nullifier shield.