The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe Runs With Bad Performance On Low Load Gpu Percentage This Needs Optimalisations!

Nep_Blanc

I get terrible performance (After the latest updates) even considering my laptop (Lenovo Y510p SLI) should be suitable for it.(So don't start on me you should never game on an laptop, my laptop is an mini game PC and I am happy with it)

If I disable v-sinc and play the game it runs on my laptop like 120 fps (70% +- load)and then it is fairly quiet on the map, I get like 60/40 fps when there are a lot of things happening (still 70% +- load) but I get terrible tearing as I have an sli setup in my laptop.

If I enable v-sinc it runs smooth 60+- fps (50% +- load) until one or more mobs/powers are used it drops to 40 fps (50% +- load) and if there come more mobs/powers it even gets worse 18 fps (still 50% +- load).

My conclusion is that there is an optimalisation issue in Warframe but the v-sinc thing is an mistery to me.

I have decent hardware in my system I even upgraded some pieces of it to make it faster then it already was

I run AAA games with modereate settings and never had any bad fps drops, with warframe I have.

Specs of my laptop:

Intel core I7 4700m

Dual Nvidia Geforce GT 755m's in sli mode

16GB 1600Mhz SODIMM ram

1TB 5400RPM laptop main storage drive

128Gb SSD OS drive and drive where Warframe is installed on

Multiple monitor setup as I use it as an desktop at home

Hope to get great answers

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Please update your gpu drivers and lower settings.

I'm running game with similar spec machine but with single GT750m on high settings withou V-sync on, getting ~98 to minimum of 54fps.

Check your settings in launcher on what DirectX you have selected. Dx9 is best choice for your machine if you have problems. Try posting results with different settings :)

Ah just noticed in your post that u use couple monitors which means GPU has to do more work :)

Try using 1 monitor and post your results :)

Almost forgot try unparking ur cores. Look in Performance forum a sticky made by Letter13 it will help you increase FPS :)

Ah just noticed in your post that u use couple monitors which means GPU has to do more work :)

Try using 1 monitor and post your results :)

Almost forgot try unparking ur cores. Look in Performance forum a sticky made by Letter13 it will help you increase FPS :)

did all of this the only thing what it fixed now was an hotfix and that I disabled the v-sinc and strangely enough the tearing is not present anymore so I could live with it.

The multiple monitors yes I tried it too but I only used an 1080p monitor as an main screen to game on it, it did not make any difference either(only if watching youtube vids).

Chao, The Roaring Lion

Edited by TheRoaringLion

Good to hear! :) And never use V-sync e.e it's evil...

well I noticed some input laggs here and there while disabling v-sinc but it runs smoother.

Still though after the last hotfix it had some major lag spikes while using an nova (speed build) and an vauban using its vortex (Those 2 are frame rate eaters I know).

But still the game has an performance drop and still the graphics cards are not fully used so I guess an sli problem or an performance problem inside of The Evlolution engine.

Furthermore I hope to hear from an dev if they do something about it or not, or at least explain why my system bottlenecks.

Chao, The Roaring Lion

The thing is games like crysis use all your GPU if you disable V-sinc or if you use it they just demand more usage with V-sinc on, this bugs me because with V-sinc on the game seems to run more optimized(Until the first enemy groups spawn).

Furthermore performance increased a bit with the net optimizations but still experience the lagg that is not that great.

Changing settings does not make any difference, fun fact it makes it even worse on some occasions.

Cpu problems occurred when I disabled the Hyper-threading it made it even worse(HT on 25% load avarage, HT off 90% load average).

Mobile GPU's are same as the desktop ones they are just tuned down versions of them, architectural are they the same.

Thing is I think that the ram usage of Warframe is way too much, on one occasion it used like 2 GIGS of my ram, not that it is an problem for my system but still it says something to me(memory leaks or something?).

Vram usage is low so well it could just be an system ram to Vram bottleneck(if this is the case and this is the way the game is coded)

Furthermore I hope this gets addressed soon

Chao, The Roaring Lion.

Edited by TheRoaringLion

Buy a better laptop that has atleast i5 -_- your gpu is being bottleneck by cpu.....

They can't do much for people with awful hardware :<

http://s04.radikal.ru/i177/1501/b9/79a6cb9b321b.png

This is almost on minimum with 1600x900 pentium 2020m (2.4ghz) 4gb ram nvidia gt710m.Gpu usage 45%.waiting to fix this

http://s019.radikal.ru/i643/1501/59/5f5303fbe356.png    -   this is in solo with vsync on.the lower fps was 58

Edited by Basurci

Well it's possible that WF engine is not optimized for mobile gpu. Try going with low settings on particles in display tab. If you need i can post screen off my settings.

I don't think this is the case as I said and researched it mobile GPU's are tuned down versions of the desktop counterparts.

have the same problem on gt710m,the game uses about 80-90% when 50-70fps.and 30-50% when lagging with 23-25fps.lowering settings dont do anything/.

Knowing that warframe did run great on all hardware a couple of updates back I am wondering why pretty much everyone has this kind of an problem, yes even on an GTX970.

http://s04.radikal.ru/i177/1501/b9/79a6cb9b321b.png

This is almost on minimum with 1600x900 pentium 2020m (2.4ghz) 4gb ram nvidia gt710m.Gpu usage 45%.waiting to fix this

http://s019.radikal.ru/i643/1501/59/5f5303fbe356.png    -   this is in solo with vsync on.the lower fps was 58

I have same problems on an higher end system so it is not Graphics card dependent, Ati radeon's don't seem to have this kind of problems but taking that the main part of Warframe has Nvidia I can't really say that this is the case.

Buy a better laptop that has atleast i5 -_- your gpu is being bottleneck by cpu.....

True for an decent gaming PC but still it is enough on low settings for Warframe.

This all suggests that Warframe has some hiccups in its coding and I really want it to get fixed soon so I could enjoy the nice graphics of Warframe even more,

Chao, The Roaring Lion Warlord of ShadowLords

Edited by TheRoaringLion

i can have 15-20 fps with 800*600 and minimum graphic().bf3 runs better.my friend have the same with amd phenom x4 and gt630,it runs the same.

p.s before 14 update everything was ok

I know what causes the issues for me and i have posted it in another thread a few months ago. I built my system my self and the specs are

cpu:          i7 860 2.8ghz overclocked to 3.6ghz. (has been overclocked for over 3 years now and is very stable.)

ram:         8 gigs of ddr3 1600 corsair xms3. (not overclocked)

mobo:      gigabyte p55a-ud6

graphics:  nvidia gtx 660ti

psu:          coolermaster 1000 watt 80+ (forgot the exact model but its way more than needed)

hdd:          Some 120 gig SSD and 3 500 gig mechanical drives (warframe installed on ssd)

Nothing has changed and for the first few months of playing warframe i got a constant of 100 fps with everything maxed never dipping below 60. Till one day 2 of my sticks of ram kicked the bucket and after taking out the faulty ram and running on only 4 gigs i quickly noticed the increased load times for things once i had a browser with only 2 tabs open. So I took the 2 sticks of cheap ddr3 1366 kingston ram that i had laying around and chucked it in... What happens when you have mismatched ram in your system the faster ran sets its speed and timing to that of the slowest ram in the system. I got rid of the terrible load times and horrible 45 second alt+tab times but warframe took a MASSIVE hit! When i say massive i mean HUGE the game runs at max 80fps and average 50-60 but when S#&amp;&#036; hits the fan it drops to as low as 20. And what makes the lag even worse is if I am the host of the game. Hosting makes it unplayable.

As I have said before in other posts the lag that people are talking about is ram speed issues. for some reason ram speed of 1366 or lower absolutely kicks warframes &amp;#&#33;. 

PS no other of my games have lost any performance (dota2, bf4, bf3, bc2,sniper eliet, hawken etc...)

I know what causes the issues for me and i have posted it in another thread a few months ago. I built my system my self and the specs are

cpu:          i7 860 2.8ghz overclocked to 3.6ghz. (has been overclocked for over 3 years now and is very stable.)

ram:         8 gigs of ddr3 1600 corsair xms3. (not overclocked)

mobo:      gigabyte p55a-ud6

graphics:  nvidia gtx 660ti

psu:          coolermaster 1000 watt 80+ (forgot the exact model but its way more than needed)

hdd:          Some 120 gig SSD and 3 500 gig mechanical drives (warframe installed on ssd)

Nothing has changed and for the first few months of playing warframe i got a constant of 100 fps with everything maxed never dipping below 60. Till one day 2 of my sticks of ram kicked the bucket and after taking out the faulty ram and running on only 4 gigs i quickly noticed the increased load times for things once i had a browser with only 2 tabs open. So I took the 2 sticks of cheap ddr3 1366 kingston ram that i had laying around and chucked it in... What happens when you have mismatched ram in your system the faster ran sets its speed and timing to that of the slowest ram in the system. I got rid of the terrible load times and horrible 45 second alt+tab times but warframe took a MASSIVE hit! When i say massive i mean HUGE the game runs at max 80fps and average 50-60 but when S#&$ hits the fan it drops to as low as 20. And what makes the lag even worse is if I am the host of the game. Hosting makes it unplayable.

As I have said before in other posts the lag that people are talking about is ram speed issues. for some reason ram speed of 1366 or lower absolutely kicks warframes !. 

PS no other of my games have lost any performance (dota2, bf4, bf3, bc2,sniper eliet, hawken etc...)

I recently added an extra ram stick to my laptop because 8 gig was not enough, (yup in some occasions) It is not the same ram as the ram that came in the system I think that it is mismatched and well needs an almost identical to the other one.

Hope that this fixes it otherwise I spent moneys for nothing.

That is a first time i have ever heard ram speed had such a huge impact on fps. I have seen couple of benchmarks with different ram speeds and they had only minimal effect on fps. But if it is really true that warframe benefits with high speed ram, i wonder what is doing differently than any other games.

That is a first time i have ever heard ram speed had such a huge impact on fps. I have seen couple of benchmarks with different ram speeds and they had only minimal effect on fps. But if it is really true that warframe benefits with high speed ram, i wonder what is doing differently than any other games.

I see no other possible reasoning than ram being the cause of my lower fps. because i have run the system multiple times with and without the lower quality ram mixed in and without it Game runs perfectly fine... with it the system slows to a crawl.

I see no other possible reasoning than ram being the cause of my lower fps. because i have run the system multiple times with and without the lower quality ram mixed in and without it Game runs perfectly fine... with it the system slows to a crawl.

I'll remove the stock ram soon and will look if the performance increases if so I will get another stick of the same type and vender of ram.

I hope that this fixes it, but still I never had any problems with other games, so what is why this kept me wondering why this happens.

I have problem with FPS Too. I'm often experiencing 25-30 fps during big fights with other fellow Tenno.

My specs are:

processor amd phenom X4 overclocked 3.8ghz

ram 12Gb (2x4+2x2) dual channel

gfx asus HD7950 overclocked 1ghz core

Warframe running on intel SSD disk

I have read plenty of forum posts, tips etc. Those 25 fps in big fights are even with lowest settings (everything is off) Tried different launcher settings etc. (DX10,11,9) I have newest graphic drivers.

When I am standing still in ship i have 190-160fps (v-sync off) I am very fps "sensible" hence i want to shoot headshots etc :) this is very bothering. I did not have problem with any other recent game.

I tried it with one ram stick in the system and HT off of my I7 and it made an fairly noticeable difference +-20 fps boost

I also tested it with both ram sticks and HT off and I got an +-15 fps boost, not bad though but I expected more than this.

Sli off and one card to Physx is adviseable but not for overcrowded rooms with lots of mobs that get killed ad once (aka saryn ult spamm), then the one GPU is not enough and another gpu is adviseable, the physx difference is not noticeable for me then with the particals on.

If the rooms are filled and using one gpu it laggs more noticeably, when sli enabled it laggs less but more micro stutters.

Furthermore hope this hotfix fixes this issues big time so we could play our favorite game with baby smooth FPS again.

I have problem with FPS Too. I'm often experiencing 25-30 fps during big fights with other fellow Tenno.

My specs are:

processor amd phenom X4 overclocked 3.8ghz

ram 12Gb (2x4+2x2) dual channel

gfx asus HD7950 overclocked 1ghz core

Warframe running on intel SSD disk

I have read plenty of forum posts, tips etc. Those 25 fps in big fights are even with lowest settings (everything is off) Tried different launcher settings etc. (DX10,11,9) I have newest graphic drivers.

When I am standing still in ship i have 190-160fps (v-sync off) I am very fps "sensible" hence i want to shoot headshots etc :) this is very bothering. I did not have problem with any other recent game.

You are cpu limited. When you are in the ship nothing is happening, cpu have no work to do so it can feed the gpu. Thats why you have high fps in ship. It is same for me, on ship 250-400 fps, in the game 40-110 fps.