The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Immersion Quirks

Loswaith

1. A question of momentum?

This is basically where when you run up a crate stack, cargo container or whatever else but just dont reach the top so cling on to to it like you cling to a wall.  Sometimes you can step onto the top by ducking, but often you just slide slowly down it exactly like a wall.  You generally wont cling to it like a ledge either (I guess because you are too high up for that), and just slide right down past the lip.

The thing I've found with this is that if you get to the top from next to the crate getting a run up to it doesnt help give the momentum to get that little bit of extra movement to step up to the top, you get the same distance up the crate.  This feels a bit counter intuative.

Prehaps adding some extra momentum for that extra little distance or the like could help, or simply when you get to the top of things like that just grab and haul oneself up like for other ledges.

2. Shotgun spread.

This was an interesting one I came across.  When you use the sights on a shotgun you actually get a tighter spread of pellets.  Here is a screenshot of what I mean: the left is from the hip while the right is using the sights, both are from 5 strun shots. (feel free to try it for yourself)

WF_Shotgun_Spread.png

I guess this happens simply because most of the weapons become more accurate when you use the sights (typically because you can counter recoil better by sholdering the weapon).  Though it's also counter intuative for shotgun spread to change (sure it could be some kind of dynamic choke too).  This could be partially the reason for the Hek having the sniper capability.

Though I am a fan of the dropoff though across all weapons (well aside from the snipertron, cause honestly the maps arent big enough to bother), however it still needs work to be effective.

3. What I like to call the "Bouncy castle" effect.

Basically it's been mentioned before but the screen-shakes around the maps.  Typically when either near teammates using two handed weapons or across the room to shockwave MOAs/ ally slams, your screen will bounce about.

Now I have no issue with it if you are weilding the weapon yourself or happen to be in the shockwave area, that makes sence, but otherwise its very immersion breaking and feels more like the floor of these stations are inflated rubber rather than steel.

Edited by Loswaith

Also agreed. I've noticed #1 before. Looks kinda silly sliding down air.especially if the end was somewhat curved. You end up sliding outwards until you are nowhere near anything that you should be able to slide on.

An additional one I remembered

4. Tenno reaction time.

Tenno recoverly to stumble or being knocked down seem realy quite slow considering they are meant to be "ninja".  Taking some 2ish seconds to stand up seems eccessively long for an elite athlete in powered skin-tight armour.

For being a game about space ninjas, the free roaming doesn't feel fluid unless it's a room you were designed to free roam on, like... uh.

a great example: The Corpus... uh, it doesn't have a name... the uh, room with 4 ledges, and a bridge. 2 ledges are above two ledges, with a bridge that goes between them, and a giant gap is in the middle of the room, and you have the two elevators to go from the top ledges and bottom ledges... all the top ledges (and the bridge) are connected by a hallway, while the bottom ledges are only connected to each other from the top. It would be AWSOME if you could make a wall run section across the gap for the bottom bit so that I don't have to fedangle with the top if you didn't have too. It looks like you can, but you can't. (Easily, I can do it with a little shenanigans, but, it isn't exactly 'fluid')

But there's also the Lava Wall Run Room... which is all I know to describe it. There's some bridges over a small lava river, and you can go around, or do some wall running and jumping over the lava to cross the room in the awsome way. <.<

An additional one I remembered

4. Tenno reaction time.

Tenno recoverly to stumble or being knocked down seem realy quite slow considering they are meant to be "ninja".  Taking some 2ish seconds to stand up seems eccessively long for an elite athlete in powered skin-tight armour.

You should go take a look at my "The Concept of Ukemi" thread and tell me what you think then...

But there's also the Lava Wall Run Room... which is all I know to describe it. There's some bridges over a small lava river, and you can go around, or do some wall running and jumping over the lava to cross the room in the awsome way. <.<

My favourite room in the whole game. I can spend 5 minutes just jumping from wall to wall.

How would you notice the shotgun spread to break immersion besides purposely going out of your way to figure this out?

I noticed it by the range I could one shot enemies with it, I found that I was regularly getting a significantly longer range when using an aim/sighting it as opposed to shooting from the hip. Off the hip I wasnt regularly getting kills unless enemies were much closer, when aiming I almost always did get the kills at a longer range.

I simply then checked it on surfaces like the image above to make sure that actually was the case (and not just some quirk of my own accuracy) as it shows the spread results allot better than an aproximate enemy distances.

It comes down thoroughly testing things when you notice oddities within the game.

Edited by Loswaith