Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 8 And Beyond, An Alliance System?

Luminati07

Hey guys,

As far as I know, this hasn't been announced or even hinted at. It may very well be a part of update 8, but we'll just have to see.

Some MMOs that I've played have had 'alliance' systems in the game. (Atlantica for instance, had 10 guilds that would form a nation)

These systems are for two or more clans/guilds to join forces and join an alliance or nation.

I'm not entirely sure what kind of benefits this could bring to Warframe, but there are many possibilities.

Visiting a clan alliance dojo, pooling rescources with allied clans etc.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I'll continue to add ideas to this thread, but I'd love to see what kind of suggestions you guys can come up with.

Thoughts on this idea?

This has been a pet thing of mine for a while, this thread looks neat so here goes:

I'd like there to be an 'unlock' for when you are part of a Clan. A Planetoid or Starbase that is unlocked simply by joining up.

This would have a series of different maps that are essentially obstacle courses. The goal is to complete to course in the allotted time to be rewarded a prize (I've no particular suggestion as to what the prize would be)!

There would be numerous shortcuts and secret bits to find. There could even be a Clan and World leaderboard recording the best times in specific courses for those guys who like to sit on top of the dogpile.

They did that in Guild Wars too. It did broaden some communities, and help connect players but in all reality it was just a bigger guild. Why not just make a big guild?

Some people are members of clans that are small, but close, and they don't want to just leave their current one to join a more established clan.

It also gives small clans an opportunity to be a part of a bigger community, several small clans could ally together.

That along with some possible benefits, of course.

Nevertheless, thanks for the reply guys.

Blatantfool, great idea.

I think the reason that all communities tend to form themselves up into something greater is the fact that no one is self-sufficient. In the case of Tenno, for greater protection against retaliation from enemies. 

Personally, I think forming an alliance should unlock a 'safe' space where players can cooperatively build their own structures similar to Clan. However, it should be better defended and provided protection from AI's invasion better than clans without alliance. This could bring us new types of mission and lots of utility based on this concept.

A great concept but really, I don't know how to add it into the current gameplay structure. 

The OP has some good ideas, and this system mirrors real life so it would work (with a lot of clan drama politics involved i bet).

Personally, I think forming an alliance should unlock a 'safe' space where players can cooperatively build their own structures similar to Clan. However, it should be better defended and provided protection from AI's invasion better than clans without alliance. This could bring us new types of mission and lots of utility based on this concept.

A great concept but really, I don't know how to add it into the current gameplay structure. 

I like that idea.
Maybe add some pseudo open world system in place on the maps?
Where your clan can see incoming invading forces on the system maps and an ETA to prep for the invasion?

This has been a pet thing of mine for a while, this thread looks neat so here goes:

I'd like there to be an 'unlock' for when you are part of a Clan. A Planetoid or Starbase that is unlocked simply by joining up.

This would have a series of different maps that are essentially obstacle courses. The goal is to complete to course in the allotted time to be rewarded a prize (I've no particular suggestion as to what the prize would be)!

There would be numerous shortcuts and secret bits to find. There could even be a Clan and World leaderboard recording the best times in specific courses for those guys who like to sit on top of the dogpile.

So basically something similar to Mirrors Edge time trials.

And alliances would be a great idea, but I think they would need to make some big changes to the chat system to accommodate it. I think a chat system like that of Guild Wars (the original) would suit this game well.

Edited by Lifeshield