The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf Nyx

PresenseOfTheMaster

As the title says...Nyx is extremely overpowered. I believe at level 5 I was able to control Kiste completely. The power level of Chaos is ridiculous and is easily the best spell in the game.

It is amazing crowd control but goes too far by also forcing the Chaos'd enemies to fight but also pulls aggro by forcing non-chaos's enemies away from players and onto the green guys.

The ability is undercosted and over powered and basically corrupts any game a Nyx plays in. You literally do not have to shoot a gun and can still easily control the game.

Solutions:

I obviously dont develope games but I think a good start would be flipping the costs of absorb and Chaos. Its too cheap

Next, I would make it so the Chaos'd enemies do not attack and instead mill about as if they are confused and dazed.

I would also have the non-affected enemies not attack chaos and possibly shorten its reach.

As it stands casting Chaos and the rare Mind Control shuts down almost all the content in the game.

So, take her last ability that makes her actually useful away?

First of all, 75 Energy is not "undercosted" thats a big investment if you're fighting a big group of enemys, expecially for such an Ability related Warframe like Nyx.

Yes, Chaos is too strong, but what else do you have? Mind Control is useless because it doesn't work properly, same goes for Psychic Bolts. What have you left? Absorb? Not worth the 100 Energy.

Bring in some constructive feedback on how you would make her other abilitys better or change them to compensate for a nerf on Chaos, instead of yelling "NERF THIS!" or "NERF THAT!".

Nyx first needs a revamp on Absorb and Psychic Bolts, and only when this is done they can think about fixing Chaos - it doesn't need a nerf, it needs a fix, because it lasts forever.

As for a nerf, making it cost 100 energy instead of 75 would be fair. The problem is that if you nerf Chaos too much the warframe becomes useless, because Nyx IS Chaos.

Also, Chaos is not overpowered on normal missions, it's overpowered on Defense, but high wave Defense seems to be created around Chaos and Snowglobe. In Kiste or other normal missions, a Volt's Overload or a Banshee's Sound Quake is better because you simply kill all the enemies. Chaos shines in that it crowd controls those annoying meatshield enemies that pop up at wave 20 and forward, as these mobs survive an Overload or similar AoEs.

Edited by CaligoIllioneus

all they need to do is enforce its duration and make it so they do reduced damage to each other (or in general). it works as crowd control while they do some damage to each other but require your team (or yourself) to still do most of the work.

then it would (i think) be fine.

Yes, it needs a change.

Yes, it shouldn't be modified without looking at the frame as a whole.

No, this issue doesn't need another thread.

all they need to do is enforce its duration and make it so they do reduced damage to each other (or in general). it works as crowd control while they do some damage to each other but require your team (or yourself) to still do most of the work.

then it would (i think) be fine.

Lets not turn it into a more expensive version of radial blind.

First of all, 75 Energy is not "undercosted" thats a big investment if you're fighting a big group of enemys, expecially for such an Ability related Warframe like Nyx.

Yes, Chaos is too strong, but what else do you have? Mind Control is useless because it doesn't work properly, same goes for Psychic Bolts. What have you left? Absorb? Not worth the 100 Energy.

Bring in some constructive feedback on how you would make her other abilitys better or change them to compensate for a nerf on Chaos, instead of yelling "NERF THIS!" or "NERF THAT!".

LOL its not a big investment if it wins the scenario which it does...I also mentioned flipping the costs and making Absorb cheaper. 

I actually like mind control and I dont think it is useless at all. Want an elite dead? Mind control and the mob turnsand wipes him out...seems good. 

I provided constructive feedback on the changing of the ability. I dont think I came in and just said nerf this nerf that. Absorb needs to be changes along with the Bolts but I think the changes I suggested to Chaos still make her strong just not omgwtf

Nerf? Well, I think Nyx's assets should be buffed.

Yeah, lets Nerf every thing to hell =D, until we are all punching bags for grenniers  (--> insert sarcasm) 

Without chaos, nyx is useless compared to other frame. 

Yes the other skills should be buffed but a change needs to be made to Chaos. It is ridiculously overpowered. After changes, Nyx will still be playable just not the win button.

Nyx first needs a revamp on Absorb and Psychic Bolts, and only when this is done they can think about fixing Chaos - it doesn't need a nerf, it needs a fix, because it lasts forever.

As for a nerf, making it cost 100 energy instead of 75 would be fair. The problem is that if you nerf Chaos too much the warframe becomes useless, because Nyx IS Chaos.

Also, Chaos is not overpowered on normal missions, it's overpowered on Defense, but high wave Defense seems to be created around Chaos and Snowglobe. In Kiste or other normal missions, a Volt's Overload or a Banshee's Sound Quake is better because you simply kill all the enemies. Chaos shines in that it crowd controls those annoying meatshield enemies that pop up at wave 20 and forward, as these mobs survive an Overload or similar AoEs.

I disagree mostly with the last part. It is OP on every mission. On any given level Chaos lets u decide whether you fight or not. You can chaos and pick up the blues that are dropped from the mobs killing themselves. Rinse and repeat. Boss level? Chaos stuns the boss and then he goes and attacks his own adds instead of focusing the players. That seems really strong too.

Furthermore, since Chaos does not end and the mobs kill themselves it is strictly stronger than Overload or the similar aoes. Overload, even with max focus and max rank, is weaker because it does not finish off higher content mobs. It usually leaves them at about 25% life. Left alone chaos will leave them all dead but the lone survivor...he has a sliver of life. Also, like saryn or the banshee, Chaos experiences no drop off depending on the race.

I think it needs to be nerfed now because it is game warping and prevents the other three players from actively interacting with the game.

LOL its not a big investment if it wins the scenario which it does...I also mentioned flipping the costs and making Absorb cheaper. 

I actually like mind control and I dont think it is useless at all. Want an elite dead? Mind control and the mob turnsand wipes him out...seems good. 

I provided constructive feedback on the changing of the ability. I dont think I came in and just said nerf this nerf that. Absorb needs to be changes along with the Bolts but I think the changes I suggested to Chaos still make her strong just not omgwtf

Yes the other skills should be buffed but a change needs to be made to Chaos. It is ridiculously overpowered. After changes, Nyx will still be playable just not the win button.

I disagree mostly with the last part. It is OP on every mission. On any given level Chaos lets u decide whether you fight or not. You can chaos and pick up the blues that are dropped from the mobs killing themselves. Rinse and repeat. Boss level? Chaos stuns the boss and then he goes and attacks his own adds instead of focusing the players. That seems really strong too.

Furthermore, since Chaos does not end and the mobs kill themselves it is strictly stronger than Overload or the similar aoes. Overload, even with max focus and max rank, is weaker because it does not finish off higher content mobs. It usually leaves them at about 25% life. Left alone chaos will leave them all dead but the lone survivor...he has a sliver of life. Also, like saryn or the banshee, Chaos experiences no drop off depending on the race.

I think it needs to be nerfed now because it is game warping and prevents the other three players from actively interacting with the game.

Overload finishes off every high level enemy but Infested. Banshee's Sound Quake does reduced damage to Grineer. Still, you tend to kill them. Why is Chaos more OP than these two on normal missions? With a Nyx in your team that casts Chaos at least you get to kill the crowd controlled enemies. With any powerful AoE that other warframe will just kill them. Chaos is not OP on normal missions, its OP in Endless Defense, especially against Infested...but without Chaos it'd be very hard to get to wave 20+ simply because of how much HP the enemies have and how little HP the cryopod has.

Edited by CaligoIllioneus

I cant agree psychic bolts deal 125 dmg each + 30% from focus for total 162 armour ignoring dmg which is also multiplied by 3 against light infested. Now fire these 5 bolts at point blank range poof 2k dmg, sure 50 energy isnt cheap but for its damage it isnt that much either. The other problem is that it can be used reliably only at 20+ meters or point blank.

I cant agree psychic bolts deal 125 dmg each + 30% from focus for total 162 armour ignoring dmg which is also multiplied by 3 against light infested. Now fire these 5 bolts at point blank range poof 2k dmg, sure 50 energy isnt cheap but for its damage it isnt that much either. The other problem is that it can be used reliably only at 20+ meters or point blank.

Exactly, and I honestly dont want to sit infront of anything and make a cast for 2k damage, if I would want that I could use one of my underpowered shotguns.

I hope your happy now. Unnecessary nerf to a skill that didnt negatively impact you in anyway. Im also sad about Saryn, I just built her and she got a nerf to one of her most useful skills before i could even try it.

Yeah, I think the people who thought this wouldn't happen were fooling themselves.  I'm just hoping her other abilities also get some attention.*

I have it at 3/4 and it lasts for around 16s.

*positive attention

Edited by Effusion-

I hope your happy now. Unnecessary nerf to a skill that didnt negatively impact you in anyway. Im also sad about Saryn, I just built her and she got a nerf to one of her most useful skills before i could even try it.

She has now 4 scaling abilities.. yay !

i guess now nyx is going to get a looong vacations alone in the nerf island.

She has now 4 scaling abilities.. yay !

i guess now nyx is going to get a looong vacations alone in the nerf island.

lmao i hope my Nyx has a fun trip to nerf island. Hope to see her again soon.

Oh please.  Chaos lasts 20 seconds at max level.  With duration enhancement it lasts 25 seconds.  This isn't infinite like it was before, but that's far from nerfed.  It's fixed.  It also prevents you from recasting Chaos early if there are any enemies affected by your first one still in range, so now it takes skill to use instead of just spamming the button whenever a new group of enemies approached.  This is not a nerf either, this is balance.  She's still perfectly viable, and I've made it past wave 20 on a defense mission with her on my team this evening with ease still.

Nyx actually got buffed!  Absorb now has a base damage that ain't too shabby, capable of killing mid ranged enemies outright like most ultimates without taking a single hit.

Oh please.  Chaos lasts 20 seconds at max level.  With duration enhancement it lasts 25 seconds.  This isn't infinite like it was before, but that's far from nerfed.  It's fixed.  It also prevents you from recasting Chaos early if there are any enemies affected by your first one still in range, so now it takes skill to use instead of just spamming the button whenever a new group of enemies approached.  This is not a nerf either, this is balance.  She's still perfectly viable, and I've made it past wave 20 on a defense mission with her on my team this evening with ease still.

Nyx actually got buffed!  Absorb now has a base damage that ain't too shabby, capable of killing mid ranged enemies outright like most ultimates without taking a single hit.

I played her tonight and my initial impressions are positive. Shes still really strong so there is a lot of unwarranted QQing going on. She is not the mindless Chaos spammer as before. Once you get past that she is fine.

Nope

I'm glad DE did this. Hats off to them for maintaining balance. The saryn nerf was also needed.

Anyone that doesn't like OP abilities get negative rep on this forum it seems :) They should just give a one button nuke everything on the map for every warframe and call it a day. They could offer different color options for the mega nuke, so not every frame would be exactly the same. Anyway I agree, moult was never intended to work the way people used it either. I'm surprised people don't complain about them fixing the godmode after using abilities like crush with Mag. (if it's actually fixed, the perma godmode but I mean)

Edited by Mikki79

Absorb already had base damage before the patch, just very few were aware of it i guess...i don't know how much, didn't get that deep into testing it.