The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

[Frame-Rate] Vauban's Vortex In Odd Infested Defence. (Host Frame-Rate) Ps4

(PSN)GreenSoup2HoT

This topic is focusing on Frame rate issues with Vauban's Vortex regarding the new infested units in ODD.

Hello fellow Tenno, i feel this skill needs to be looked at. Whenever i play ODD and go past wave 15 or so i tend to lag so bad that the framerate is like a slideshow. Though everyone in the party seems to have no lag what so ever.

Being a host as Vauban in ODD is a death sentence. I have been in lobby's where im not the host in ODD and the host begs me not to use vortex. I only use 1, but later in waves you need 2 because of toxic ancients. I believe this effects hosts the most. 

The new infested monsters are having trouble with how Vortex works. I tend to see very stretched out animations on my screen as the slideshow is playing (huge lag). [Like a stretched out Ancient swirling in circles. I only catch glimpses of this since the frame-rate has dropped so low] 

Sentinels Vacuum is also counter productive when Vortex is active. Vortex is pulling loot in while vacuum begins a tug of war with the Vortex. You can see the orbits of items become larger and change as this tug of war happens. Instead of the loot going inwards towards the center, you can see it being pulled out making the loot orbit radius larger. You can take off the sentinel but it only lessens the lag by a small fraction.

Also killing enemy's before to many get into the vortex helps alot as well. I do though tend to like to wait for them to group up to save ammo and destroy them with my penta. 

Vortex should not touch any of the drops. It was a cool feature and looks pretty. In my opinion, Its just to hard to follow all the collision that's happening, including the body's. If im not lagging to bad (stutter stepping at this point) , i can go and loot the drops before the duration of Vortex is up and regain some of the lost frame-rate. 

As soon as vortex is gone the lag disappears after the loot hits the ground. I believe all the collision boxes have finally stopped moving which then kicks my frame-rate back in gear. Or the animations of infested which have stretched are finally dropped and discarded. 

There sometimes is even enemy's or loot flying around with like a 20 meter radius. Focal point obviously being the Vortex. 

To note, i have 50mb's download and 3mb upload so connection shouldn't be the issue. I also only play with people who live on the east coast only.

On a side-note Nova's Molecular Prime also can cause alot of lag in ODD... maybe the new infested don't like the Molecular Prime texture that's applied? 

Edited by (PS4)GreenSoup2HoT

Can confirm that the issue I was was talking about in this post is being addressed across all platforms. Sorry for any confusion!

No worries! Glad to hear the fix will be across all platforms. Its also great news to hear you have been able to recreate the issue. I will record my own gameplay of this issue and connect it to this tread. 

• 2 weeks later...