Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could We Have A Re Textured And Buffed Snipetron That Fires Lasers?

Heidrek

I prefer to think of the Lanka as firing a small overcharged capacitor.

The projectile is light, snd therefore does little damage on its own, though the high speed it is shot at gives it suprising penetrative abilities

Upon impact it discharges and unleashes its stored electronic energy.

As for a snipetron like weapon, well I'd prefer that they gave us a reason to use snipers first.

problem is...DE doesn't seem to interest in Corpus and their weaponry...look at how much Wraith, Grineer, tenno weaponry we have, 4th vandal have to be Imperator which no one enjoy much of Archwing, i expect Dera Vandal or something. Corpus need some love

Tbh I'm hoping they'll make a Dera prime eventually, if only so the corrupted troopers have a proper orokin weapon model. :-/

Neat idea, but there's a small problem. Snipetron is hitscan. You'd never see the laser. You would need to add travel time to it in order to animate the laser, in which case you simply have a 0 charge time lanka, which is actually pretty close to what you'd have if you modded one for fire rate.

Not trying to shatter your dreams or anything, but pointing out what you'd get.

...Why would you need to add travel time...to a laser?

Dawg, if the Snipetron fired a laser, then the gun would actually make sense.

+1 to OP, my Snipetron's textures are boring, obsolete, and being used by another gun. Needs revision.

Okay just so i'm sure what you want.

Do you mean that like to see the Corpus getting a new sniper rifle, which fires a hitscan laser beam rather than a travel time projectile? Or do you want the existing Snipetron to be changed to a beam rifle?

Because honestly i'm pretty comfy with the way the Snipetron works at the moment and i wouldn't want to see it become an energy beam rifle.

However a new hitscan beam sniper rifle for the Corpus could be pretty cool. The idea reminds me to the weapon of the Zaku I Sniper in the anime Gundam Unicorn.

With the term laser being used, i could also think of some interesting mechanics behind it.

BTW correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Lanka also break lore? It's still firing metallic projectile through magnetic induction. 

Is it a metalic projectile? I thought it was a magnetic energy blast?

Anyway, IF the Railgun Moas and Lanka fire metal projectiles via magnetic acceleration, i think what breaks lore are combustion based Corpus weapons not solid projectile firing ones.

Or more specific their units using such weapons. Since the Corpus might see it as damaging to their image as "technological superior", if their goons are seen wielding weapons not more advanced (looking) than those of the Grineer.

Which makes me think that the Snipetron itself might not be breaking lore, but Corpus units using such a weapon.

With that in mind both the Braton and the Snipetron might be still perfectly in lore as export weapons of the Corpus. Being "primitiv" weapons made for "the dumb masses" of the solar system. 

The Snipetron using the same body as the Lanka, could even be seen as the Corpus cutting production costs by re-using said body (it would mean they could use the same machines to make the exterior).

However the Snipetrons absence from the market and clantech research could still be explained as being limited production models, with all models either stolen or sold by now.

Though perhaps Darvo will have some occasionaly when he opens his shop.

Edited by Othergrunty

Okay just so i'm sure what you want.

Do you mean that like to see the Corpus getting a new sniper rifle, which fires a hitscan laser beam rather than a travel time projectile? Or do you want the existing Snipetron to be changed to a beam rifle?

Because honestly i'm pretty comfy with the way the Snipetron works at the moment and i wouldn't want to see it become an energy beam rifle.

However a new hitscan beam sniper rifle for the Corpus could be pretty cool. The idea reminds me to the weapon of the Zaku I Sniper in the anime Gundam Unicorn.

With the term laser being used, i could also think of some interesting mechanics behind it.

Is it a metalic projectile? I thought it was a magnetic energy blast?

Anyway, IF the Railgun Moas and Lanka fire metal projectiles via magnetic acceleration, i think what breaks lore are combustion based Corpus weapons not solid projectile firing ones.

Or more specific their units using such weapons. Since the Corpus might see it as damaging to their image as "technological superior", if their goons are seen wielding weapons not more advanced (looking) than those of the Grineer.

Which makes me think that the Snipetron itself might not be breaking lore, but Corpus units using such a weapon.

With that in mind both the Braton and the Snipetron might be still perfectly in lore as export weapons of the Corpus. Being "primitiv" weapons made for "the dumb masses" of the solar system. 

The Snipetron using the same body as the Lanka, could even be seen as the Corpus cutting production costs by re-using said body (it would mean they could use the same machines to make the exterior).

However the Snipetrons absence from the market and clantech research could still be explained as being limited production models, with all models either stolen or sold by now.

Though perhaps Darvo will have some occasionaly when he opens his shop.

Just wanted a new model or something to give snipetrons to all tenno. Snipetron has puncture damage and can reload, and not rely on charging AND shooting. I love the mechanism in snipetron and I want it to appear more. 

Just wanted a new model or something to give snipetrons to all tenno. Snipetron has puncture damage and can reload, and not rely on charging AND shooting. I love the mechanism in snipetron and I want it to appear more. 

In that case i think i allready made the right suggestion. Have Darvo give them out in some way, either as part of his shop's regular cycle or as reward from quests or alerts he might give players regulary. This would give everyone the chance to get one, while not making them too common.

Darvo having access to some "obscure" limited production Corpus weapons, would fit his story. 

Otherwise, if they do make a brand new model for the Snipetro, i think they would most likely go for a Tenno based design instead, likely in style of the Latron and Tiberon and keeping it's bullet firing nature.

Which would fit a lot since they have similar naming (-ron ending), have a focus in puncture damage and all three can count as marksman rifles.

Actualy now i have to think how a Latron/Tiberon related Snipetron could look like.

If they do make such a change, the Snipetron could indeed just return to the market as regular weapon, since there would be nothing troublesome about it anymore. Which i think would be nice for everyone.

However, if they change the model, there would be no need to keep trying to connect it to the Corpus. Therefor no need for a laser beam element.

So if you want a beam sniper rifle with hitscan and puncture damage you would still be better of asking for a new gun instead.

... Now that i think about it, that Laser rifle from the anime Akira wouldn't look out of place in the Corpus arsenal.

Edited by Othergrunty

In that case i think i allready made the right suggestion. Have Darvo give them out in some way, either as part of his shop's regular cycle or as reward from quests or alerts he might give players regulary. This would give everyone the chance to get one, while not making them too common.

Darvo having access to some "obscure" limited production Corpus weapons, would fit his story. 

Otherwise, if they do make a brand new model for the Snipetro, i think they would most likely go for a Tenno based design instead, likely in style of the Latron and Tiberon and keeping it's bullet firing nature.

Which would fit a lot since they have similar naming (-ron ending), have a focus in puncture damage and all three can count as marksman rifles.

Actualy now i have to think how a Latron/Tiberon related Snipetron could look like.

If they do make such a change, the Snipetron could indeed just return to the market as regular weapon, since there would be nothing troublesome about it anymore. Which i think would be nice for everyone.

However, if they change the model, there would be no need to keep trying to connect it to the Corpus. Therefor no need for a laser beam element.

So if you want a beam sniper rifle with hitscan and puncture damage you would still be better of asking for a new gun instead.

... Now that i think about it, that Laser rifle from the anime Akira wouldn't look out of place in the Corpus arsenal.

sounds perfect I bet a lot of players would love to see this weapon and it will hopefully broaden the sniper section. Can some of you ask the newer players on what they think?

• 2 months later...

A laser snipetron would be really cool. I put Terminal Velocity on my Lanka and the projectile was so fast that I just about miss it every time I fire it. Just increase the projectile speed and remove the charge time. It doesn't have to charge because its not hitscan. I think that the Corpus need a straight up rifle like the Tenno and the Grineer that fires an energy bolt just like the Cestra does. Simple but with a lot more accuracy.

That and if the Corpus got a rifle version of the Cestra with more accuracy and projectile speed and maybe a bit of crit and status life would be perfect. I would never use anything else.

Edited by primetime112233

A laser snipetron would be really cool. I put Terminal Velocity on my Lanka and the projectile was so fast that I just about miss it every time I fire it. Just increase the projectile speed and remove the charge time. It doesn't have to charge because its not hitscan. I think that the Corpus need a straight up rifle like the Tenno and the Grineer that fires an energy bolt just like the Cestra does. Simple but with a lot more accuracy.

That and if the Corpus got a rifle version of the Cestra with more accuracy and projectile speed and maybe a bit of crit and status life would be perfect. I would never use anything else.

either way snipers are pathetic when compared to bows, I just want a real feeling sniper rifle with puncture.