The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

8 Secs On Molt!? And On Lvl 3 Around 15?

Swarovsky

Leveled to max?

8 secs normal molt. and lvl 3 is around 15 secs that's so bad!! it could be a lil more but 15? really? and 8 ?!?!!? why i would spend points on that now ?

Edited by Swarovsky

its on update?

this what it mean> Saryn's Moult power now has a timer, was highly exploitable

or im wrong....

yes has a timer but 8 secs is too bad timer means that you cast an in that period of time disappear but, even Decoy of loki its better now

new length seems really really harsh, i'd be okay with it if they'd dropped the energy cost, but... well, it needed a timer for sure, but this is too short :)

significantly reduce the energy cost and keep this timer imho! otherwise they increase the timer and hey, it's a duplicate skill to loki decoy, which would be okay but a bit boring for those of us that play both frames :o)

I benched my Saryn with this update.  Probably not going to play her again, which sucks, because I loved her.  With out her molt I cannot do much to rez teammates or help in def mission.  The cost for the skill is too high for such a short period.  Oh well...

Bad downvote trolls!

Its not so bad.  Continuity helps venom, contagion, and now molt.  15 seconds is plenty to rez a teammate and distract from the cryopod.

Truth. Molt was kinda drop it and forget about it, required no management at all. It was originally intended to be an escape mechanism, not a lure.

Continuity also effects Miasma, adding an extra tick and a longer stun.

15+30% Cont. is almost 20 seconds... Same duration as Ironskin, but half the cost. (For example)

i dont have room for continuity on my warframe build >.>   Redirection>Vit>Focus>Flow>Streamline>Rush>Venom>Miasma>Reach

And now i wont use molt/contagion so... cant replace any of those for continuity >.>  if i take off rush.. it will be a turtle >.> 

Bad downvote trolls!

Yes blame the trolls. No one could possibly disagree with him, his opinion HAS to be right.

Can't be the fact that some people like to use Rush, Reach, Focus, Flow, Streamline or don't find Vemon and Contagion useful. No they're obviously just trolling.

Edited by DishSoap

I benched my Saryn with this update.  Probably not going to play her again, which sucks, because I loved her.  With out her molt I cannot do much to rez teammates or help in def mission.  The cost for the skill is too high for such a short period.  Oh well...

You can't revive a teammate in 15 seconds or 30 if you required a second cast if you cast as you got into position?

Really?

Good to know.

=/ lol incredible, like 3 weeks playing i believe so, and now i just stopped o.O don't feel well with this change on Saryn since she was my main and the almost only one warframe i like. .... it could be a lil more idk. And the best thing is. i read the super nerf for Nyx that obviously was my 2nd warframe i like.. and now 1 day to get her but i dont want to "claim her" for now.. since i read all those stuff they talk in the other thread about her unique viable ability and its nerf now. 

Edited by Swarovsky

In comparison Loki's decoy lasts 16 seconds at lvl 3 (an extra 1 second off moult)

But I guess while similar in some ways, their mechanics are completely different.

Molt: instant cast at current location

Exploits - Can cast mid-jump near defense points (e.g. ramps, near pod) to completely nullify melee damage yet drawing aggro

Decoy: short cast delay at crosshair location

Exploits - Can cast anywhere in field of view (meaning you don't have to travel there by foot) + drawing aggro. Useful when placed in hard to reach places

Now I'm not sure how well this comment is going to be received but... if Loki players can deal with the timer, couldn't Saryn players deal with it too?

In comparison Loki's decoy lasts 16 seconds at lvl 3 (an extra 1 second off moult)

But I guess while similar in some ways, their mechanics are completely different.

Molt: instant cast at current location

Exploits - Can cast mid-jump near defense points (e.g. ramps, near pod) to completely nullify melee damage yet drawing aggro

Decoy: short cast delay at crosshair location

Exploits - Can cast anywhere in field of view (meaning you don't have to travel there by foot) + drawing aggro. Useful when placed in hard to reach places

Now I'm not sure how well this comment is going to be received but... if Loki players can deal with the timer, couldn't Saryn players deal with it too?

No, you say the point there, Loki can cast decoy form far away i will need to run all the place to cast molt again all the time.. not good.

Like in defenses missions i cast molt run to kill then 15 secs "omfg the molt!" run all over the field to cast again? no thanks.

Im Ok with the limit time but not ok with 15 secs on lvl 3 that's all my opinion.

No, you say the point there, Loki can cast decoy form far away i will need to run all the place to cast molt again all the time.. not good.

Like in defenses missions i cast molt run to kill then 15 secs "omfg the molt!" run all over the field to cast again? no thanks.

Im Ok with the limit time but not ok with 15 secs on lvl 3 that's all my opinion.

True but really how much running do you actually do? I'll give you an example: Xini - Defense Map.

I could be wrong here so feel free to correct me.

On defense maps I place my Loki - Decoy, next to the left ramp behind the wall so that all the infested gather around but are not able to kill it. I then turn on invis and charge-whack with my Scindo etc.

When I watch Saryn players, they like to jump mid-air on the stairs leading up to the cryopod so that infested also gather around but are not able to damage.

Now in my case (being Loki) whenever my decoy runs out, I have to run back up the ramp to get into position to cast decoy at the desired spot yet again. Same thing with Saryn now, in order to make use of her exploit, she must run back up the stairs, jump and cast moult.

I still think adding timer onto moult isn't that much of a big deal... but then again I don't play her ^^

Edited by GoodCookGook

So in defense missions you dont...... move?