Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If We Had One-Time, Consumable Powers?

Spears

'Powers' would be a wrong way to implement this idea. You could implement new gear though that'll work a bit like that, in my opinion. For example, Grenades. I still don't get why the Corpus and Grineer can use them, but the Tenno can't. Would be pretty fun to be able to build and equip grenades. Of course, they'd have to have a limit and/or cooldown, to avoid them being spammed and becoming OP.

I would love to have a real life version of this, one where I can use my one time use banish on half baked ideas.

Here are the two scenarios that would happen if this were to be implemented:

A) These items are useable only once per mission.  They wouldn't matter at all cause either most missions end in about 5min or like 30min+ and in the case of 30min+ you wouldn't really need to bring anything unreliable into a match for that long anyways (assuming your head is screwed on straight).  At that point they would just be brought along as novelty items.

B) These items are useable infinitely as long as you have space and have the resources to build them.  Now you have a 5th ability that is going to be OP as hell (if it wasn't you wouldn't bring it) that you bring with you no matter what and spam it until the end of days (because why the hell not, people spam energy plates the same way already).  So now since this item is not tethered to any specific frame means that it will be attached the frames that are most dominate in the specific area that the item is not to compliment it.  If it's a direct damage item, people will now only use damage enhancing frames; if its a damage enhancing item, people will now bring only direct damage frames or whatever permutations you can think of.  This will now further increase the amount of redudant and obsolete warframes.

tl;dr: No.

I like the idea of the Consumable powers, but it would depend on how the powers are categorized. For some powers that help with defense  (E.G. Volt's Shield, Frost's Bubble, flash bang abilities, etc.) I am fine with my Tenno throwing down a nade or item at their feet that would not only cast it but take up a good amount of energy for the price of it being used (it would be easy to build and would work off the mods you have slapped onto your Warframe.) For support powers it would be nice to pitch a nade in the direction of the reticule (like Vauban does with his powers) and where it lands the power activates (E.G. Bounce pad spawns, decoy drops in place, A bubble absorb, etc.),

Movement powers (volt's speed, Superjump, Rip line) should be either a quick cast or a point and activate ability that matches the same effect that a player would get if they used the actual frames themselves. Finally the offensive powers (Fireball, tempest, etc.) could either be a cast on point or could possibly be converted into a bullet/arrow/coating that your current weapon would use. Such examples include:

• A sniper rifle would be able to cast Vortex from across the map by activating the power from their gear menu, then where ever the bullet from the next round hits, Vortex pops up. While a throwing melee weapon, Arrow, or slow projectile weapon creates a vortex ball around it and goes till either the projectile hits something (where the vortex ball stays) or it burns out.

• Ever wanted to mind control somebody from afar? Slap it on your weapon and the first shot does no damage but takes over the target. Cast chaos from across the room and watch the fight break out from a distance without the enemy not knowing you were there.

• Turn your ignis into a Prism spawn and spray death on your enemies for a certain amount of time. If you stop spraying, it will fly off in the direction you are aiming.

As for the abilities that have a toggle with them (especially the offensive ones) you would only have to switch the weapon or re-equip the power drop. After doing either, then the consumable is removed from your inventory.

I like the idea of the Consumable powers, but it would depend on how the powers are categorized. For some powers that help with defense  (E.G. Volt's Shield, Frost's Bubble, flash bang abilities, etc.) I am fine with my Tenno throwing down a nade or item at their feet that would not only cast it but take up a good amount of energy for the price of it being used (it would be easy to build and would work off the mods you have slapped onto your Warframe.) For support powers it would be nice to pitch a nade in the direction of the reticule (like Vauban does with his powers) and where it lands the power activates (E.G. Bounce pad spawns, decoy drops in place, A bubble absorb, etc.),

Movement powers (volt's speed, Superjump, Rip line) should be either a quick cast or a point and activate ability that matches the same effect that a player would get if they used the actual frames themselves. Finally the offensive powers (Fireball, tempest, etc.) could either be a cast on point or could possibly be converted into a bullet/arrow/coating that your current weapon would use. Such examples include:

• A sniper rifle would be able to cast Vortex from across the map by activating the power from their gear menu, then where ever the bullet from the next round hits, Vortex pops up. While a throwing melee weapon, Arrow, or slow projectile weapon creates a vortex ball around it and goes till either the projectile hits something (where the vortex ball stays) or it burns out.

• Ever wanted to mind control somebody from afar? Slap it on your weapon and the first shot does no damage but takes over the target. Cast chaos from across the room and watch the fight break out from a distance without the enemy not knowing you were there.

• Turn your ignis into a Prism spawn and spray death on your enemies for a certain amount of time. If you stop spraying, it will fly off in the direction you are aiming.

As for the abilities that have a toggle with them (especially the offensive ones) you would only have to switch the weapon or re-equip the power drop. After doing either, then the consumable is removed from your inventory.

No please. Seriously, hell no. Far too imbalanced