Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus Saying "broadcasted" Instead Of "broadcast" In Interception Missions

Watlok

Was an actor "casted" to play a role.

Was the show "broadcasted" on [channel name].

Did you casted while fishing.

I didn't think so. I'm aware this mauling of the english language is gaining some traction and even shows up in at least one dictionary now, but it's really grating to hear constantly. It's probably the only thing in warframe that annoys me. Which is probably a good thing that the biggest complaint I have about the game is a single word in an audio clip.

It's not a regional thing either. Cast and broadcast generally don't have "ed" added to the end in America, Canada, or England.

Edited by Letter13
Please don't disrespect others' country of origin. Thanks!

Doing a quick web search, it shows up in a lot more than just one dictionary (its an acceptable form of broadcast)... so ya. This form of the word is hardly a new development by the way.

edit: got ninja'd by a moderator, lol

Edited by Ace_Kayo

I'm from New England also and have never seen the "ed" before.

Doing a quick web search, it shows up in a lot more than just one dictionary (its an acceptable form of broadcast)... so ya. This form of the word is hardly a new development by the way.

edit: got ninja'd by a moderator, lol

That's why I wrote at least one, and it is gaining traction. I know it's not exactly incorrect, but it's annoying every single time as a native english speaker. After hearing it for the thousandth time in-game I looked it up a few weeks ago, but it's still annoying the heck out of me every time I hear it. Like every 10 minutes I spend in the game.

My post is kind of a joke. I don't expect them to change it. I do reject that form of the word entirely, and I hope it goes away.

I regularly post and speak with poor grammar. I've never actually been annoyed at anything language related before, but "broadcasted" is an enigmatic tense of the word that gets me every time. It probably doesn't help that the interception audio clip is the only time I've heard or seen it used.

Edited by Watlok