Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Weapon Concept) Tenno Rapier Concept By Lightdragon64

lightdragon64

So i remember making this rapier design a long time ago and i felt it should re-surface because i put a good amount of my (limited) artistic skills into making it.

so basically i believe a rapier in warframe would do mainly puncture damage (and a lot of it) and would use mainy stabbing and thrusting moves, while a true rapier can be used to slash (only slightly however) it is mainly a thrusting sword.

So here is some artwork i make for it (a long time ago so excuse any wierd looks it has)

TennoRapier20_zps3fecaac9.png

let me know what you guys think!

and also provide any feedback on the idea of a rapier in warframe (i feel as if it could use one)

EDIT: i do want to re-design this rapier one more time... so when i do re-design it i will leave a link in the current post...

what i'm doing with remodel thus far...

-re-texture and color (done)

-make a side view (unsure if i have the capabibilities but i am trying to work on this)

-make a 3D model (i found i really suck at 3D modeling because i am stuck with the limited knowlege that photoshop offers)(note: if anybody want's to try their best to re-create the exact weapon in the picture [lotus handbasket and all] i will post it in the new topic once i'm done and give you full credit for the 3D model)

Thanks for your support thus far everybody! i love it!

Edited by lightdragon64

Other than agreement with the rapier, I think it was a cool idea to implement the Lotus symbol as the guard.

One thought is, have the guard have more dimension to it, but when viewed from a specific angle (like down the blade) it forms the lotus symbol. If that makes sense.

Hnnnnngh... I can't upvote adding a rapier enough.

Wouldn't even mind if it were to have an energy blade.

Just imagining all of the fencing doe makes me salivate..

I hope noone dares to mention Dakra being a rapier already. Since it is not one.

Edited by Agilaskas

that,took forever...........

im making a donation,

your sword is now has a concept called Flos Metalli

made the model in sculptris,textured and gif pre-print done in ac3d

and makeagif.com enabled the animation

enjoy sir,i insist you edit this into the Original post when you can

oh yeah,also mention who the art was done by ,me,as i forgot to add my signature in there

S5qjQmd.gif

Edited by GunDownGrace

that,took forever...........

im making a donation,

your sword is now has a concept called Flos Metalli

made the model in sculptris,textured and gif pre-print done in ac3d

and makeagif.com enabled the animation

enjoy sir,i insist you edit this into the Original post when you can

oh yeah,also mention who the art was done by ,me,as i forgot to add my signature in there

Can that even be considered a rapier?

That could make a concept of its own, but I don't think it has anything to do with this one.

Edited by Artarrwen

there we go,did a slightly better texturing...made the hilt kind of liek the lotus helmet (also i thought the helix design was neat)

also if you pay close attention to it,the helix ends in two sharp spikes at the top

i have been reading the posts here and it said "something that slashes a little but mostly punctures",also the empty spaces in the blade are more for increasing damage due to what happens when its used to stab

everything in the shape of the blade makes it due heavy damage to internal organs when thrusting/impaling

and it follows roughly the design of the op`s concept

kxxM0Su.gif

Edited by GunDownGrace

there we go,did a slightly better texturing...made the hilt kind of liek the lotus helmet (also i thought the helix design was neat)

also if you pay close attention to it,the helix ends in two sharp spikes at the top

i have been reading the posts here and it said "something that slashes a little but mostly punctures",also the empty spaces in the blade are more for increasing damage due to what happens when its used to stab

everything in the shape of the blade makes it due heavy damage to internal organs when thrusting/impaling

and it follows roughly the design of the op`s concept

Huh... looks intresting... i'm going to see about redesigning my orignal here (because it is old) and i'll see about getting a bit of a 3D view on it

Huh... looks intresting... i'm going to see about redesigning my orignal here (because it is old) and i'll see about getting a bit of a 3D view on it

i think the handguard needs to be rotated 90 degrees counter clock wise

i did it up in sculptris and it turns out to be rather impractical in a straight up and down thing like that,as it leaves very little space to grip