Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vault Dragon Keys Only In Derelict Missions

DarkRuler2500

Hello,

today i would like to discuss a matter that really bothers me (and certainly others too).

Who did not forget to unequip a Dragon Key and went into another mission and found out his shields/life/damage/speed was reduced to nothingness? I believe almost everyone did before.

My suggestion?
Because Dragon Keys are ONLY usable in Derelict Missions i would suggest their negative effect is active in Derelict Missions only too.

Hello,

today i would like to discuss a matter that really bothers me (and certainly others too).

Who did not forget to unequip a Dragon Key and went into another mission and found out his shields/life/damage/speed was reduced to nothingness? I believe almost everyone did before.

My suggestion?

Because Dragon Keys are ONLY usable in Derelict Missions i would suggest their negative effect is active in Derelict Missions only too.

Well, I do not know how can you miss it now with a larger Dragon Key UI icon. 

And maybe check the gear menu first before going into any mission to ensure that no Dragon Keys are equipped?

of course u can check it up easily but often enough u do vault runs and then u go offline.

next morning u get up and start game and forgot u did it.

whatsoever... why not making it easier? just because u "could have looked it up"?

I do not know about you, but like having breakfast (and brushing your teeth, waking up etc.), checking your gear is something that should be done before every mission. 

And before I forget: Some players also like to equip Dragon Keys in other missions as a challenge. 

As much annoyance the keys give in this reason, I have to disagree. The keys provide a handicap that can provide some type of interesting gameplay (Like when I reduced my max health via /handicap in Quake III in LAN matches at school because I had a history of being really good at it).

Moreover, the keys, IMO should be something not related to the Derelict. For example in the future coming of raids, there should be a vault  with good but not exactly unique things in it (Like in Destiny's raids).

Well, I do not know how can you miss it now with a larger Dragon Key UI icon. 

And maybe check the gear menu first before going into any mission to ensure that no Dragon Keys are equipped?

Be honest. Do you check your gear and loadouts EVERY time before you enter a mission? It's not an easy thing to do. Perhaps he/we/one can set a mental note that a specific mission was done, and things need to be put back, but that requires mental training.

Edited by Frawg

Be honest. Do you check your gear and loadouts EVERY time before you enter a mission? It's not an easy thing to do.

Yes, except if I am repeating the previous mission. 

Because I am not going to want to be surprised when my Latron Prime is suddenly dealing Magnetic Damage against the Elite Lancers. 

I actually rarely check or care what I am running unless it is T3+  or an endless mission where I know things get ugly.  For regular stuff I run whatever I had on previously because, let's be honest.. it makes little difference if I hit a grineer in the face with Magnetic DMG on my Boltor Prime or if it were Radiation DMG.

Late -> End Game .. sure but I mean when I run that stuff I am also tweaking my frame abilities and which weapons I will be bringing along as well.

A better solution that could work for everyone is where the player is presented with a simple checkbox at the time of Equipping a Dragon Key :

Would you like to disable this Dragon Keys' Effects during Non-Derelict Missions?

And there you have it.  Each time you load on a key you choose.  could even have a "Remember my answer" checkbox and the ability to change your decision via the Options Menu under Gameplay at any time.