Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Achieving Rank 2 Impossible?

Dexaldem

I've been playing this game for a while now. and i managed to earn the right to get to Rank 2. my first try, i obviously failed. i went to try again, and it said i had to wait 24 hours to do it again. is anyone else here frustrated by this? i'm losing my patience, and my second try also failed. i suggest we allow 2 chances at the BARE minimum to get to Rank 2 a day. this will give people more time to get used to it.

Edited by Dexaldem

It's your pistol's problem.

Don't use pistols that are ammo-inefficient for this.

I failed twice on this when I used the Furis. Switched to a Lex which wasn't even modded much and I passed on 1 try.

You need to kill the grineers that shoots first because they tend to like to hide behind the pillars.

The sawblade grineers will come after you so they are easier to locate.

I didn't turn off Bloom but I have heard that it helps a lot if you do so.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

i did this with the first lato you get

i also did this before i discovered the existence of mods

I've been playing this game for a while now. and i managed to earn the right to get to Rank 2. my first try, i obviously failed. i went to try again, and it said i had to wait 24 hours to do it again. is anyone else here frustrated by this? i'm losing my patience, and my second try also failed. i suggest we allow 2 chances at the BARE minimum to get to Rank 2 a day. this will give people more time to get used to it.

Hmm.....one comes to the conclusion that, your skills at this time were not deserving of Level 2 and it's absolutely right that you need more time to practice. Surely you must agree?

I wouldn't really post about it any more, because it does not put your skills in a positive light and is perhaps something you don't want to admit to. Also my 10 year old son had no trouble at all with the test.

Maybe you used a weapon or an ability you weren't supposed to use? First rank up test is pistols only and second melee only. I didn't even try using something else but judging from the answers in this thread and logically you fail upon doing so. They could improve that by just locking any weapons and abilities you aren't meant to use - i mean really one accidental/reflexive button tap could fail you the test, doesn't feel quite right, even if it didn't happen to me yet.

Yes. It is impossible. Everyone you see with a mastery rank above 1 is hacking.

obviously. Warframes anti-hacks were made by babies! So Worira's post is the only explanation

This was incredibly easy to do, I had used aklatos. I don't see how someone could lose twice to this.

I used akboltos. What armor?

i did this with the first lato you get

i also did this before i discovered the existence of mods

22638891.jpg

sees a mod for the first time

Here's a guide on how to kill grineer with a pistol for the rank 2 certification

http://youtu.be/GkQCAHwz9W0

Not the spine? are you sure? are you sure your sure? Are you absolutly positive? so in the foot.

Edited by Feldgrep

This was incredibly easy to do, I had used aklatos. I don't see how someone could lose twice to this.

I failed more than a few times myself. Part of the problem was because it wasn't really clear what you are and aren't allowed to do. I wasn't sure if you could leave the circle (died from four sawblades rushing.) I wasn't sure if you were allowed outside the columns (timed out waiting on them to exit cover so I could shoot them.) After a few failures I checked the wiki and found I could do both. I also brought along a Large Health Restore and Pistol Ammo Box I got from login rewards, but I didn't need them.

Since it really is your first REAL test, I think it makes sense to clarify a bit more what you can and can't do. The forums and wiki were helpful, but I wanted to do it on my own, and that wasn't possible until i knew what I was allowed to do.

I just started a couple of weeks ago ( after 7.8 ?) and there was no test for rank 1 and the primary weapon was the test for rank 2, so all of the pistol advice may be moot here.

Now that I think about it, my best friend didn't test for rank 2 at all, so the system has changed somewhat.

Edited by MisguidedGT

I think if you did the tutorial, you would be rank 1 after you finished it.

If you didn't, you will be rank 0.

I aborted my tutorial back then because I got lost and the Bloom wasn't helping so I ended up just skipping it.

My test for Rank 0 to Rank 1 was rifle test.

My test for rank 1 to rank 2 was pistol test.

My test for rank 2 to rank 3 was melee test.

Haven't done test 4 yet but it's happening soon.

My test for rank 3 to 4 was a survival test.

I can't seem to get consistent results but it seems that using skills fail you immediately (failed test 1 for this but it was somehow allowed for test 2).

Enemies dying from elemental effect like electrical damage over time also seem to fail you immediately (failed test 2 for this).

I have not tested if sentinel's kill with an illegal weapon will fail you (used a shade during test 2 and I was fine but not sure if using in test 1 would have failed me. It was fine in test 3 though).

Test 4 allows you to use everything you have.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

Hmm.....one comes to the conclusion that, your skills at this time were not deserving of Level 2 and it's absolutely right that you need more time to practice. Surely you must agree?

I wouldn't really post about it any more, because it does not put your skills in a positive light and is perhaps something you don't want to admit to. Also my 10 year old son had no trouble at all with the test.

i agree. that's all i can really say to that. it's just practice makes perfect. that's why i honestly would think 2 chances a day would help sometimes. i'm not a professional at this game, or that good at it either. i just play it to have fun. i don't usually play to win. but when a test is required to hit level two, i personally think there's something off. i'm pretty sure someone's going to bash e for saying that, but i'll repeat myself, DaveC: i agree with you.

also, before this gets any worse, i would like for someone to lock this topic down.

Edited by Dexaldem

i'm rank 5... just know that theres a timer on the tests. gotta be at least a little bit fast.

I failed on rank 2 aswell because i didn't see the timer (the first time)

Edited by rabcor

Aight man, here's what you gotta do. Take a seat in front of your computer with your headphones on meditating to that sweet, sweet Warframe loading music. When you feel calm and at one with your Tenno, get a basic weapon like the AKLatos. level em up a bit, then do it. Easy &#! mission.

Edited by TyoneChickenBucket