Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Ideas...(Aura For 2 Primary Weapons)

(XBOX)T0X1C T1NK3R

Hey fellow tennos

I've been thinking lately that maybe it would be a good idea get warframe to bring out a new mod in which we could carry 2 primary weapons instead of the standard 1 primary and 1 secondary...

I think it would have to be an aura mod... And was thinking of a name like double trouble or twice the heat... Iv messaged warframe about this and they told me to come on here and see what you guys think...

What do people think of this idea and do you think it would be possible...

Let me no please and if you agree how can we get warframe themselves to agree to it...?

Thanks in advance fellow tennos

You can already carry 2 secondary weapons ie akbronco , and you can also carry 2 mellees like the dual zoren and such...

That's why I was thinking maybe they could sort it out so we could carry 2 primary weapons

Those are dual weapons. You suggested 2 primaries as in equipping 2. Please be more clear in what you want here, equip 2 primaries or dual wield? Dual wielding primaries sounds ridiculous. Dual ogris? Dual soma prime? dual boltor primes? dual torid? How the heck do you balance that?

Edited by cyrus106

Those are dual weapons. You suggested 2 primaries as in equipping 2. Dual wielding primaries sounds ridiculous. Dual ogris? Dual soma prime? dual boltor primes? dual torid? How the heck do you balance that?

Dont forget, unless your aura also makes you grow more arms, you wont be able to use bows.

Hey fellow tennos

I've been thinking lately that maybe it would be a good idea get warframe to bring out a new mod in which we could carry 2 primary weapons instead of the standard 1 primary and 1 secondary...

I think it would have to be an aura mod... And was thinking of a name like double trouble or twice the heat... Iv messaged warframe about this and they told me to come on here and see what you guys think...

What do people think of this idea and do you think it would be possible...

Let me no please and if you agree how can we get warframe themselves to agree to it...?

Thanks in advance fellow tennos

I think this would be interesting - but if it were an Aura we could make it "Conclave locked" so people's builds don't get too out of hand - for example

Level 1: Can equip 2 Primary weapons with a Conclave of 200 or lower each-(400 combined)

Level 2: Can equip 2 Primary Weapons with a Concalve of 250 or lower each- (500 Combined)

Level 3: Can equip 2 Primary Weapons with a Concalve of 300 or lower each-(600 Combined)

Level 4: Can equip 2 Primary Weapons with a Concalve of 400 or lower each- (800 Combined)

Level 5: Can equip 2 Primary Weapons with a Concalve of 500 or lower each-(1000 Combined)

I could be wrong guys but I don't think OP meant dual wielding guns... seems to me he meant bringing 2 different primary's into the mission and being able to switch between them as normal.  

I would be an interesting dynamic because using this DE could "force" us to level and acquire second sets of primary mods, making mod hunting worthwhile again for somebody like me at Rank 18.  (To avoid mod equip conflicts)

Edited by (PS4)lagrue

Ye I should of made my self more clear sorry about that... But ye it would also need new dual primary weapons and the conclave lock seems a good idea too... I'm pretty new to these forums so I should of worded it better... Saying that it would be good if you could even just equip 2 normal primarys and switch between them like you would from your primary to secondary.... Its just an idea I think would get people back into actually playing instead of spending all night trading lol... I think also if you can make it and say you decide to carry 2 soma primes or 2 phages then you should need 2 of each mod you want on that gun... Its just like having to get a second heavy cal or piercing cal/hit for your sentinel... It would put a new bit of life I to the game entirely in my opinion...

Ability to carry two primaries (not to use them in a dual wielding fashion) could work and would be balanced since there are tons of secondary weapons that are better than primary weapons.

1. It should not be an aura mod, auras are designed so that other party membes have profit from them. I don't imagine forcing people to take two primary weapons or implementing any system so they could choose whether they want to take two primaries or not.

2. If it was an ordinary mod that you install in your warframe, that would make you able to take two primaries, which wouldn;t be unbalanced at all, at the cost of you losing one more or less useful mod slot.

3. If someone found this too overpowered though, the mod could have some cons like much longer holstering speed or inability to bring a melee weapon on a mission. Or even taking away one or more mod slots from the primary weapons.

On such conditions I can agree that such mod would work well for people who want even more variety in their builds and introduce something fresh to the game.

• 1 month later...

Perhaps it could limit capacity on the second primary (like 20 for standard and 40 for supercharged) but not affect the first primary's mod capacity?

Or decrease mod slots from 8 to 6

3 at unranked 6 at max rank?

Edited by Vougue