Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr/melee Mechanic

cyrus106

So I made a suggestion for a warcry augment in the design council, it read as follows:

Bloodlust: During warcry, Valkyr melee attacks allow her to dash towards nearby targets within 30 meters(affected by power range). This mechanic would be similiar to archwing melee, and remove the issue of melee feeling as clunky. This buff is also applied to nearby allies

It had the most upvotes of any augment, yet never appeared in the following weeks vote at all. This saddens me because I feel it's a push melee mechanics need but no big deal, that's not the point. What is everybody's thoughts on this augment and or mechanic? Would melee feel less clunky with a gap closing mechanic and/or ability? Discuss here!

I feel they didnt include it because they didnt want to make new animations. That's fine and dandy but they are also claimig they want melee to be more viable. Pick your poison! Takes some elbow grease to improve things

Edited by cyrus106

So I made a suggestion for a warcry augment in the design council, it read as follows:

Bloodlust: During warcry, Valkyr melee attacks allow her to dash towards nearby targets within 30 meters(affected by power range). This mechanic would be similiar to archwing melee, and remove the issue of melee feeling as clunky. This buff is also applied to nearby allies

It had the most upvotes of any augment, yet never appeared in the following weeks vote at all. This saddens me because I feel it's a push melee mechanics need but no big deal, that's not the point. What is everybody's thoughts on this augment and or mechanic? Would melee feel less clunky with a gap closing mechanic and/or ability? Discuss here!

I feel they didnt include it because they didnt want to make new animations. That's fine and dandy but they are also claimig they want melee to be more viable. Pick your poison! Takes some elbow grease to improve things

Although this should not be discussed here, i think the problem is that it removes the original intent of the skill of being merely a passive buff and debuff skill. What your suggestion does is augment not just skills but players meleeing which is abit outside of the context of the skill itself.

Although this should not be discussed here, i think the problem is that it removes the original intent of the skill of being merely a passive buff and debuff skill. What your suggestion does is augment not just skills but players meleeing which is abit outside of the context of the skill itself.

Melee attack speed isnt related to melee?

Warcry is cool but i rly like this idea...the warcry would be the last thing i'd change though... hysteria is probably the ability that needs a mayor rework on valkyr as second buff of some sort, instead of this @(*()$ endless, weak godmode you have to deal with now...

Edit: you could even add this concept to a hysteria change...imagine this popular special mode as a ability that locks you on your melee weapon, teleports you in melee range, offers life drain and buffs your armor and life. Range defines the charge range, power the buff and duration the time. This would make valkyr a awesome melee frame.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Warcry is cool but i rly like this idea...the warcry would be the last thing i'd change though... hysteria is probably the ability that needs a mayor rework on valkyr as second buff of some sort, instead of this @(*()$ endless, weak godmode you have to deal with now...

Edit: you could even add this concept to a hysteria change...imagine this popular special mode as a ability that locks you on your melee weapon, teleports you in melee range, offers life drain and buffs your armor and life. Range defines the charge range, power the buff and duration the time. This would make valkyr a awesome melee frame.

I like the way you think