Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Post U15.13 Will The Duration Stack Like How Globe Health Does Now?

UndeadGhostWarrior

Globe need to have a HP counter.

That buff is super. 

I agree, it seems to me that the change is super in a certain extent :

-I can make it in T4MB a bit more easily than before BUT I had to change some mods and go with Blind rage. I feel that it's better but I don't have any proof because when surround by enemies my Globe seems to bit less effective. WHY ???

A/ Good part :

-The ability to "relocate" the snow globe is really useful when you forget a part of the terminal you want to protect.

-Having the stack of health is excellent and greatly help for the field of view where multiple globes decrease your visibility.

B/ VERY BAD part :

-You cannot estimate your now only one globe health, with multiple globes I strictly know when only one of my two or three globe stop or was destroy.

-In tiers III or IV on Defense, When you globe lost all health, it vanish without warning, you get a FULL FIRE and you sometimes died without having time to do anything BUT generally the Terminal is destroy before you can recast a globe or do anything.

1/ WHAT can we (DE) do ?

FIRST THING (worst) : Having a Health meter and numbers like the excavator with a Roman number on the map. So you can follow the health and have a true idea of the effectiveness. If we can follow a necros shadow life and health why not the snow globe ? yes it will be a fun killing implementation !

Second thing (bad) : Change the Snow Globe design by having a color change when health go down. The less health it have, the less visible it will be. The more you can see the enemy... the worst it is, you (DE) can permit infinite stack of snow globe because IF you choose to have ten time the health you will not see anything !

Third idea (good ?) : Give snow globe a snow-flake "pattern", the more health the more snowflake will be (1 snowflake / 500 health). In the same way add nova like antimatter particles that orbit around the globe and that goes with the globe dissipate OR (easy to implement) make the globe spin around itself, the more life the more spin/min it will make.

WORST than BAD (Fully against IT) : Give it the Nullifier Crewman mecanics when "Firing at the globe causes it to gradually shrink and eventually dissipate the globe altogether". Don't NEVER EVER DO THIS !!!!

Redit : forget to re-read myself

Edited by RLanzinger

Aside from duration....

1. Health cap.
Does the globe have a... well... global health cap now? What prevents me from chugging 10 large energy restores and dropping 2k energy's worth of globes from the get-go for what effectively is an invincible globe?

2. Globe reverse mitosis.
When casting another globe inside a globe, the new globe takes the place of the old one and shifts the globe over to the new cast location. With careful placement, you can have two globes far enough that they won't "absorb" each other when cast, but if a 3rd globe is cast directly in between, it seemingly absorbs both globes. Is this an actual thing?

Also, +1 to globe health notifications. Something. Anything.

Ok So after some extensive testing I found the following just to settle the re-iterated doubts. The Invulnerability period does indeed refresh upon each cast. The snowglobe is in fact now better on spam build with moderate pwr str included rather than the previous massive power str/shield/steel fiber build. I was able to easily keep the SG in place on a t4 defense through 80 waves with little trouble given I spammed(casted every 4 seconds for 4 casts then ran around killing enemies for roughly 45 seconds without issue at wave 80) during the largest engagements to make it have tons of health. As a bonus during the entire time span you are spamming the thing absorbs all incoming fire. At one point I had the globe up under concentrated fire from like 10 heavy gunners and 30-40 smaller grunts without refreshing the cast due to playing it this way. Another nice feature is that as far as I can tell all of the health from the prev SG carries over not just the base health.

The only negative I can see here thus far is the fact that Bombards rocket explosions still bypass SG entirely.

PLEASE CHANGE THE BOMBARD EXPLOSIONS BYPASSING THE SNOW GLOBE!

For me this is a clear buff although some indicator of percentage health or total  health does seem to be in order for those who are not fond of recasting.

Edited by geninrising