Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Continues Dashing/flying

Tenmo

Question

As some of you may know this is a technique that helps clear gaps and goes long distances. but it does take some deal of skill to do. it does take some effort and time to learn. learning how to fly once is the easy part. This method is basicly the same as a Zorens dash but adds consistency by landing on slide.

slide>jump>slide>melee>slide-land>repeat from jump

I saw a comparison video "Dashing Comparison Test"

(dont own this video) and i thought the "flying squirrel" was deadly unaccurate. So here is my response to that video. . .

here is a vid of me attempting to do it while shooting . .

here is a video i originaly had voice audio explaining things but decided to just play music. .

Here is a Video a friend "ADCARRY" recorded. . his version is alot harder .
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1CtOVaO_8hKV2QzRVZ2TnM3T0U/edit

this technique is tough. . but very fun when done in succession.

special thanks to Xyphis,ADCARRY,and Tenmo for coming up with the continues version Edited by Tenmo

good for ppl that using macro ...

not exactly. . . i think the use of macro will make it more difficult. . i don't use macro but my thought would be if you use macro you will consistently move the same distance? From what i experienced moving a large distance suddenly isn't so great in tight area's. if one would practice enough they would know how to fly different distances like what i have displayed in the videos, long and short distance dash's/flights. Thus makes it take some amount of skill to use. . other then just knowing how to fly really far once.

Edited by Tenmo

Adding the melee is a PITA for me.

This isn't "flying" though. First thing I thought of is not touching the ground.

"Super Jump" sounds nice but.. isn't it actually... skipping?

Muehehe!

i called it "dashing/flying" because its how most people i saw phrase it. . .i personally would call it sky dashing but. . regardless it is a PITA to learn efficiently and still is hard to maintain consistency for me at least.

Edited by Tenmo

Thank you for posting this. It should serve as an excellent guide as to what movement exploits should be fixed first in the next patch.

Just curious as to how you would even begin to think that this is an exploit in anyway? I mean, your argument would be more understanding if this was PVP where some people may not be able to do it but this is a co-op game so mobility as a team is great.

its No walk in the park. Like knifeSurfing. which can be learned in 5mins or less(no macro). Learning KnifeSurfing is the easyest thing in the world O. O in my opinion

Any other melee Trick like KnifeSurfing should be a walk in the park. not ever a need to use macro. If anyone is confused on how to do any of them they are fairly simple to do in my opinion.