Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Suggestion: Chainsaw Sword.

Onite

So i was thinking. It would be pretty awesome to have a large chainsaw sword. Not a single handed katana wield sword, but something the size of Scindo or Gram.

Maybe look something like this - http://i21.photobuck...k/Chainsawd.jpg

This is the interesting part that i was thinking about, how it works and is unique from the other weapons: The charge attack is replaced with a cutting function. Basically you have no charge attack but instead at any point in your combos you can hold the melee button to keep pushing your current slash. Doing that keeps applying constant damage and rips targets in half. With any of your attacks beginning or mid combo. Example, tap the melee button once and then hold it on the second press would make you slash with it, then your second slash keeps being held as it does damage.

It wouldnt benefit from +charge damage mods but is more effective at doing consistent criticals.

This would be a really interesting and fun weapon?

So it would be like the swords from Warhammer? :3

I would like to do that..with this in the background if fighting infected 

^^

i was thinking the samething.. i think something like will fit a lot a Heavy grienner.

Too SpaceMarine dude and not SpaceNINJA...

And battleaxes and giant hammers are? What about Machine guns? Tenno are very ninja esque but the futuristic aspect is also there. If you can deftly use a big chainsaw sword to cut through lines of enemies quickly while running along surfaces quickly, vertical or not, thats pretty space ninja to me.

Copied from Gameplay Thread.

I think the mechanics you propose would work very well. There could be a whole new class of weapons; chainsaw, huge drill, fusion lance, jackhammer gauntlet, etc.

Edit: I think their niche would be heavy damage to single targets, although single blades might be obsolete at that point (more so than they already are anyway)

Edited by ValhaHazred

Copied from Gameplay Thread.

I think the mechanics you propose would work very well. There could be a whole new class of weapons; chainsaw, huge drill, fusion lance, jackhammer gauntlet, etc.

Edit: I think their niche would be heavy damage to single targets, although single blades might be obsolete at that point (more so than they already are anyway)

Well it wouldnt replace them because of the attack speed itself, stun aoe, stunlocking enemies, and you lose a charge attack. Its different enough where it gives more variety.