Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lack Of Audible Feedback On Pickups And Hit Sounds

Airwolfen

While the old pickup sounds may have been annoying, they had one thing I now miss, audible feedback. Picking up a energy core had a very distinct sound that let you know you have 25 energy at your disposal once again while with the current sound set I hardly hear a thing and have to constantly check my energy bar to see if I have picked up any energy orbs while in the middle of a fire fight.

Its also hard to really estimate how much fire you are taking as the hit sounds are VERY dull and it times I hardly notice that I'm taking way more damage then I anticipated forcing me to constantly keep my eyes on the health bar where as before you got more sound cues from the audio feedback.

So while it all sounds more streamlined, the feedback you used to get purely from audio alone has been severely dulled down making, at the very least me, more reliant on the Hud. This is turning the game more into a mini game of staring at some numbers instead of actually playing the game.

It would be really great if anyone would take a look at the audio feedback. It does not have to go back to how is was. but a bit more clarity on the sounds would be appreciated. What could also help in a way would be a slider of some sorts to turn up the volume on the current pickup sounds so the players themselves can decide how much they need the feedback. Its just something I got really used to in warframe.

I also find the new gunshot sounds less directional, I have a 5.1 surround setup and previously I could tell from what direction I was getting shot, now I can't really, I know that sounds minor but it's actually pretty major for me, helps you know what direction to look for your assailants in a non-visual manner, I'm having to look around in all directions now to figure out where I'm getting shot from.