Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Different Group Of Grineer(Different Weapons)

XDeathCoreX

All the Grineer are old farts so how about younger versions of them. Ofcourse you'll have to make them shorter to make them seem younger. They can wear masks and sound younger and they would have different characteristics and be given different types of weaponry so there would be a new type of Grineer so they would do things different.

The perfect age group would be 15-19. By then they would know how to fight.

They would be army strong. That is the age group in military school, right? Makes sense to clone them.

We have no idea what their ages are. From the faction page about them:

"While they may be at the height of power, the Grineer army is in bodily decay and their features are increasingly primitive as a result of continuous cloning."

Considering they are clones, their gene pool is deteriorating, and their bodies are too, they may be seven years old or seventy. There is no reason for them to look different from eachother considering there is no genetic diversity among them aside from male and female. Maybe one is a sniper, one is a shock trooper, but aside from that there wouldn't be vast differences of appearance.

Do you know what "clones" means?

Also, why would they waste their time and resources sending half-finished soldiers into the battlefield? Seems silly to me.

Do you know what advanced technology means? It's a different world, anythings possible.

Edited by XDeathCoreX

We have no idea what their ages are. From the faction page about them:

"While they may be at the height of power, the Grineer army is in bodily decay and their features are increasingly primitive as a result of continuous cloning."

Considering they are clones, their gene pool is deteriorating, and their bodies are too, they may be seven years old or seventy. There is no reason for them to look different from eachother considering there is no genetic diversity among them aside from male and female. Maybe one is a sniper, one is a shock trooper, but aside from that there wouldn't be vast differences of appearance.

Well, they can always have different armor like the female, but wear different masks plus have different weapons. And they would be shorter to distinguish the them. Much shorter. Different class, different features and different weapons.

They just added new robots.

Edited by XDeathCoreX

Well here is a very small insight available only to people in the design council: There WILL be 2 groups of Grineer soon :D Can't go into details though.

First rule about Design Council is to not talk about Design Council.

Second rule is to not hold it over peoples' heads.

It doesn't make any sense to send soldiers with the age-scale of a 15-year old to fight. Their muscular structure wouldn't be nearly as developed as that of a 25 year old.

And what do the Fusion Moas have to do with anything?

I think he was implying if they could ad a new set to corpus they could ad a new set to grineer.

All plot/tech/logic reasons aside, fighting an army of child soldiers is a horrifying concept. and should NOT be implemented in any game thats 'fun' over 'serious, shocking, or downright... perverted'.

Seriously, how has no one commented on this aspect? Am I being too generous to assume you simply overlooked the obvious, or has the interwebs corrupted our moralities so far that no one cares that killing children is wrong?

GTFO

I have no idea if I'm being overly dramatic or not. Im not prone to... purity, but the stories about the Tenno written from the Grineer PoV that Ive come across were bad enough, add children? :S

With the right technology they would be ready for battle. Science is all that's needed to breed new and younger soldiers that won't decay so easily.

Why waste their time, resources and energy on speeding up the muscle growth of 15-year-old clone soldiers when they can poop out one that is ~25 years old in the same amount of time and have him be of the exact same strength and less annoying to his teammates and/or stupid?

All plot/tech/logic reasons aside, fighting an army of child soldiers is a horrifying concept. and should NOT be implemented in any game thats 'fun' over 'serious, shocking, or downright... perverted'.

Seriously, how has no one commented on this aspect? Am I being too generous to assume you simply overlooked the obvious, or has the interwebs corrupted our moralities so far that no one cares that killing children is wrong?

GTFO

I have no idea if I'm being overly dramatic or not. Im not prone to... purity, but the stories about the Tenno written from the Grineer PoV that Ive come across were bad enough, add children? :S

I'm looking at it from a lore perspective, because we all already know that shooting children is #*($%%@ up (and he's talking 15-19 yr olds, not 12 year olds).

Why waste their time, resources and energy on speeding up the muscle growth of 15-year-old clone soldiers when they can poop out one that is ~25 years old in the same amount of time and have him be of the exact same strength and less annoying to his teammates and/or stupid?

The younger the better and much less decaying. And they would perform better in the long run.

GTFO

If they are old enough to be charged and tried as adults then they are not children anymore. They are simply not defenseless anymore. They are certainly old enough to beat up people and steal their belongings. At that age they are over 6 feet tall(A lot of them are especially the football players).

And besides, if it were truly #*($%%@ up to kill them, why does TERA give you quests to slaughter them and why did a game almost have an achievement to slay 1000 of them. And then there's South Park and the Fallout/Skyrim Mods to kill them.

Edited by XDeathCoreX

If you were trying to take over the Sol System and you wanted to clone a huge army to do that, I think you'd probably skip childhood/adolescence outright. Adults are generally sturdier and stronger than younger ones.

If you were trying to take over the Sol System and you wanted to clone a huge army to do that, I think you'd probably skip childhood/adolescence outright. Adults are generally sturdier and stronger than younger ones.

But they are also in the midst of decaying.

Well here is a very small insight available only to people in the design council: There WILL be 2 groups of Grineer soon :D Can't go into details though.

Oh my gawd the children

I'm looking at it from a lore perspective, because we all already know that shooting children is #*($%%@ up (and he's talking 15-19 yr olds, not 12 year olds).

Oh yeah, I feel SO MUCH BETTER shooting 15-19 year olds instead of 12 year olds.

If they are old enough to be charged and tried as adults then they are not children anymore. They are simply not defenseless anymore. They are certainly old enough to beat up people and steal their belongings. At that age they are over 6 feet tall(A lot of them are especially the football players).

What the hell? This feels... like, racist, against children. Pedophilist? "People that age are criminals, muggers, and over 6 feet tall, so its okay and fun to shoot them in the face."

My god tho, this gave me a great laugh, so thanks for that.

And besides, if it were truly #*($%%@ up to kill them, why does TERA give you quests to slaughter them and why did a game almost have an achievement to slay 1000 of them. And then there's South Park and the Fallout/Skyrim Mods to kill them.

Kinda goes to my 'oh wow, this is ALL #*($%%@ up' point. And Im fairly certain those examples you listed would fall into the 'perverted' (in an amusing way, but nonetheless) category.

In the end you're the only one that feels this way so I couldn't care less about your thoughts on this. :)

You mean that you're the only one that wants us to shoot fundamentally inferior soldiers.

They aren't decaying cause they're old, they're decaying cause their genes suck.

With the right weapons, they don't have to be inferior.

You miss the point. They're slower, weaker, less intimidating and dumber than the current Grineer troops, with nothing to be gained from using them.

Lore-wise, it MAKES NO @(*()$ SENSE.

Not to mention DE is staffed by humans, not monsters who fantasize about killing hundreds of children at a time.

Edited by fishworshipper