The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic]The Setup, Redux 18+

SpaceHelicopters

Safe ground was, unsurprisingly, extremely unsafe. It was simple tactical knowledge: the safer the area, the more likely some bastard had gone and put landmines all over it. That, or there were boulders, snipers or natives who were extraordinarily angry for no particular reason other than looking angry and chasing confused and terrified outsiders was extremely fun and passed the monotony of living in a desolate landscape with nothing to do.

Unless Hek had other ideas, Hexer was, for once, safe on safe ground, completely unmolested by landmines, snipers, boulders or sentient cans of Potatoes. Or angry Tenno. The General had only just noticed Sebastian pulling Sab out of the yawning void created by Amritzar on his orders.
If Sab had a reason to be angry, this was certainly the time.

-Outside-
"Sir, the ship is starting to move. Cannons are fully charged and waiting firing orders!"
Amritzar cursed. This was going to be a very long day. Even longer if he actually survived and Six took over.
"Cripple the engines and don't stop firing until we are damn well out of ammo!"

Somewhere in the endless abyss of infinity, a certain British bastard was almost certainly laughing at this, depending on ones view, humorous turn of events.

Krenn lay in a vast expanse of void, with pure nothingness stretching on to infinity from all sides. He wouldn't ask where he was, as he was fairly certain that he was in some part of his mind, trapped within the boundaries of his subconscious.

Grunting a bit, he tried to recall what happened. There was the dojo, then the cichlids, then, ah yes. The abomination. He fought it, tried to keep it from killing the other members of Hexer's strike team and failed spectacularly. Even more embarrassing, he had taken a direct hit that seemed to put him in his current situation.

Trying to expand his awareness, he found just a slight feeling in his side that seemed to anchor him to the Valkyr that seemed to keep him alive if only to kill him later. There was also the other thing hanging on to that Valkyr. He couldn't place it, but it was, familiar in a way.

This is what happened while I was out, huh. Great job, me, being useless for half the fight. ɹ̄ͥ̀͏̫͖̰̖̙̖̠̠͞ǝ̨̢̲̱͇̦͉̳̟̲̖̊̆̇͌̍̑̿ͯ͡ɥ̵̷̵̣̼͓̮̄̂͗͊̓̓͊ͫ̆ ̧̜̭͍̓̅̈ǝ͙͈͖̠̟͙̹ͮ́̀͟ƃ̜͔͖̞͎͓̃ͨͣͅͅɐ̦̖̘͖͍̟̹̤͋̏ͭ͐̃̑ͩ͜͝ͅɹ͇͇͙̒ͬ̿̄̓ ̶͔͈͇̲̪̤͖̾ͯ̄̀́̀̚͜s̆ͬͥͩͥ̌ͨͦ͏̴̱̝̯̦̹̜ͅͅɐ̸̙̝̺͈̙̽̑̃̆̄ͨ̑͡ʍ̈́̊ͯ̏̓́ͮͪ̕͏̯̥͖̗̗̮ͅ ̡̦͇̗̗̱̟̔̿ͮ͗̍̏ͬ́͝u̢̥̟̟̩̜͐ͬ̏̀ǝ̴̣͔͂̄͝ʌ̲͉͉͇͓̄ͯͨ̑̏ͥ̒͑͘̕ǝ̃ͣ͗͑ͨ҉͓̰͍ ̸̧̙̲̣̊ͭ̾͊͆̂s͚̺̲̮̪̼̫ͯͧ͐̐̉ͧ̔̚ɹ̴̵̯̘ͪ͗͛ǝ̾̎͌̿ͫ̈́̊͏̗͎̲̺̩p͎͓ͧͤ̀̅͠ũ̈́ͦ̑ͯͫ͏͈̪̳̭͍͍̤̦n̶͔̠̗̲̻̜̽͆ͮͧ͂̀-̧̻͉ͪͭ̆̈́̓ͫͦ

He paused. Thinking was going to give him a headache. He'd have to rest right now, prepared to wake up and face the fallout of whatever happened. Fortunate for him, the coma had luckily toned his sense of pain down to a level where it didn't bother him. He noted that as everything slowly faded into nothingness.

Sab clung tightly to the beam after being brought up by Sebastian, not wanting to give fate a single chance to fling her back out, but even as she held on for dear life the Valkyr couldn't help but give a small laugh. It was shaky, and dry, but a laugh nonetheless, though quickly silenced by a cough followed by continuous labored breathing.

Even though the Valkyr was safe on the beam her wounds were still a huge problem, a continual stream of blood trickling down from her shot stomach and gashed chest. Unlike Sebastian Sab didn't have the luxury of her wounds being cauterized.

"I'm about ninety percent sure Krenn died when that Grineer knocked him over the head and that I've just been carrying around a corpse this whole time. I'm gonna make sure to scour every single last derelict in existence til I find some ancient Orokin resurrection bullsh!t just so I can kill him myself." 

Sab turned her gaze to Krenn, eyeing the body. "Maybe I'll crush his arm or something with my Jat, get some health back. Not like he's using it."

"I'd say go ahead and crush his arm, but I don't think you would stop at the arm." Sebastian said to the incredibly angry looking Sab. Sebastian looked her over to get an idea of her wounds. Her suit was covered in her own blood, and blood dripped from her open wounds. He had no idea if she could actually survive with so much lost blood. Where she a normal human, she would have died long before Sebastian helped her to safety, but luckily she was Tenno. And a Valkyr at that. Sebastian only knew of tough Valkyrs. 

"How ya holdin' up?" Sebastian asked her. He could have guessed easily at how she felt, but he figured that he should ask anyway. Her answer would also give him an idea on her mental state.

"I think I could make it to our primary goal" Four called out to everyone. "I think this mod I found in my arm may help. I must've been saving it for an emergency; this feels like one in a sense." She said all of this while holding the module tightly in her fist. "I juuuuust need someone to help me install it, any volunteers?"

"I could install it for you, I have enough knowledge of Warframe functions and systems to do it."

The AI stepped forward, eyeing the module Four held in her hand. With his scanners Niim tried to find out the type of modification it was.

"Ill just have to know what I can replace and for Ghostar to hold Azelia while I work."

"I'd say go ahead and crush his arm, but I don't think you would stop at the arm." Sebastian said to the incredibly angry looking Sab. Sebastian looked her over to get an idea of her wounds. Her suit was covered in her own blood, and blood dripped from her open wounds. He had no idea if she could actually survive with so much lost blood. Where she a normal human, she would have died long before Sebastian helped her to safety, but luckily she was Tenno. And a Valkyr at that. Sebastian only knew of tough Valkyrs. 

"How ya holdin' up?" Sebastian asked her. He could have guessed easily at how she felt, but he figured that he should ask anyway. Her answer would also give him an idea on her mental state.

"Fan-f*cking-tastic!" Surprisingly not much sarcasm was to be found in her voice. "I've gone through worse than this. Once I survived a Jackal attack in a room full of magnets that shut down all my systems. Another time I was figh... I was fighting abou..." Sab's breathing seemed to slow as she took in a deep breath.

"I was fighting about... a thousand Grineer... all without li... ife support..."

"Okay... maybe I'm a... tad bit sleepy... go... gonna need a nap... after this..."

The Valkyr's muscles slowly began to relax as her breathing grew heavier and her voice grew softer.

Edited by IceDragonofAmber

"We gotta get you out of here." Sebastian said. "Let's regroup with Hexer, I saw him before I moved to your location. He seemed to be in a pretty safe spot. Once we do that we can plan our next move accordingly." Sebastian looked over the room and tried to plan accordingly to moving back to the back of the room and moving safely to Hexer's location. The only problem was Sebastian didn't think that Sab could really move in her condition. At least not under the threat of forceful ejection form the ship by a slight misstep. Luckily, he had an idea. "Okay, so," Sebastian began. "We can either start moving to the back of the room where it is much easier to get to Hexer, or we can wait for the room to fully depressurize which would let us just float over to him. Your choice."

Vandal couldn't speak, the bullet done more damage then it should have. But whatever damage it done it can be fixed but it would take a long time. He grabbed Belrev's arm and tried to speak.

Belrev looked at the bloodied neck, and winced inwardly. He activated the healing spray mechanism from his wrist, and aimed it at the wound.

"This might sting. Try to stay still."

"I will. Just relax. We will be back at base soon, then you can rest." Belrev assured, agreeing with the statement he himself made.

'Hell we all need the rest. And I need a god damn drink too.'

Activating the healing spray, the green spray burrows itself into the wound.

"I have to keep this going for a good four minutes by my estimate. Lucky you, the bullet went through." Belrev briefly said, as he fished his free hand through the med kit beside him.

"Since you heal a lot more faster than normal Tenno, the wound will be gone much faster. In the meantime, we just have to hold out. Do not move once I apply the seal cover."

"I could install it for you, I have enough knowledge of Warframe functions and systems to do it."

The AI stepped forward, eyeing the module Four held in her hand. With his scanners Niim tried to find out the type of modification it was.

"Ill just have to know what I can replace and for Ghostar to hold Azelia while I work."

"Oh I think you can replace a weapons mod with this one" she strolled to the AI and turned to let him open the port panel.

"We gotta get you out of here." Sebastian said. "Let's regroup with Hexer, I saw him before I moved to your location. He seemed to be in a pretty safe spot. Once we do that we can plan our next move accordingly." Sebastian looked over the room and tried to plan accordingly to moving back to the back of the room and moving safely to Hexer's location. The only problem was Sebastian didn't think that Sab could really move in her condition. At least not under the threat of forceful ejection form the ship by a slight misstep. Luckily, he had an idea. "Okay, so," Sebastian began. "We can either start moving to the back of the room where it is much easier to get to Hexer, or we can wait for the room to fully depressurize which would let us just float over to him. Your choice."

"Opti... option two... Sounds good..." Sab's voice seemed to grow softer and softer as time went on. Something would have to be soon to prevent the Valkyr from going into shock because if she went so would Krenn.

"Oh I think you can replace a weapons mod with this one" she strolled to the AI and turned to let him open the port panel.

Nium opened the panel and took the modification out of Four's hand, swiftly working to replace the mod with all the careful operating skills of an AI. When it was done the AI stepped away after closing the panel, handing the removed modification back over to the Trinity.

"Mod successfully installed."

Vandal closed his eyes and his breathing was audible sounding very shaky and then he started coughing, blood leaking out his mouth. His grip became ever more tighter.

Four minutes pass, as Belrev now holds a circular red disc. The healing spray was soon out, as it hopefully gave Vandal a better chance at recovering faster.

"Vandal. This will sting." Belrev warned in a tired voice, as he pressed the disc against the wound. As he held the disc against the wound, Belrev reflected on the recent events that has happened.

'Quinn is gone. Vandal is in searing pain. Harley will probably kill herself trying to find her sister, if she let's her rage take over. Silver almost died... I almost died too. Then there is Omnipotence and the Captain. I attracted the attention of two beings. One of them knows almost everything about me. The other is a mystery, an enigma'.

I need to know more.

Edited by (PS4)batman200087

Sebastian could see how much in pain she was.He wanted to do something to help her, but he had nothing of actual use. His mind raced as he tried to fond a solution. 'Well, it might work.' He thought to himself. He reached into his back pocket and found what he hoped to find. An empty syringe. It was the one he used earlier when he was sent flying by the Beast. He had done this before during his time in the military before he became a Tenno, and now it might save another person. "I have some specialized morphine used to numb the strongest pain, and it can counter the Technocyte virus so that way it wont remove the morphine from the body. I'd say take it but its up to you." Sebastian really hoped she would say yes. Maybe the Placebo Effect could work here as well.

Edited by IrishHades1798

Silver looked down at the unconscious Mirage next to him. He regretted knocking her out, but he did it for her own good. She would of killed herself. He turned to Belrev, who was next to Vandal.

What happened to Vandal? Silver did not know. He wondered, but his mind was still focused on how to get off of the ship, and heal Harley and Vandal. If they didn't die on the way back, though.

And then he thought about the scorpion from earlier. A smart and wise Grineer, but she made mistakes. Not physical mistakes, but mental mistakes. She believes she can't become a normal person and will stay a monster.

Everyone should have a second chance.

He slipped back into reality, turning to the Excalibur near him.

"Belrev, we can't stay here. We need to get off this ship, and both Vandal and Harley won't survive if we just sit here reflecting past events or whatever the hell we're doing." He stopped for a second, then smiled. "I have an idea. I'll contact Ordis, and I'll summon my Liset. We can get on my ship, and get back to Command. My Liset has enough healing equipment to keep these two alive long enough to get back to Command."

He went to activate his Comms, only to realise that they are jammed.

"Oh, sh*t, Comms are jammed."

He looked at Belrev.

"Do you think that you could destroy the jammer?"

"You know me well. Are you a mind reader, Silver?" Belrev dryly laughed.

"Vandal got shot. In the neck. Luckily the bullet went through. The healing disc is sealing up his skin, as we speak." Belrev added.

Looking around quickly, Belrev mutters a curse.

"If the jammer is in this area, I could disable it. If it isn't, we are in some trouble." He groaned. Turning his vision to the sentinel on his side, Belrev spoke.

"Corion, send out a jammer EMP. If we are lucky, it will go out." Belrev sighed, as the sentinel whirred. With a dim blue wave spreading out, Corion sends out an emp wave.

"Now we wait. And hope that damn jammer goes out."

"Okay." Sebastian said. "It should work rather quickly." Sebastian pulled up her arm and placed the needle into her skin, pressing down on it and sending it nothing into her system. 'please work please work please work.' Sebastian thought to himself. After he was done administering the placebo he placed the syringe back into his pocket. "How's that feel? That should numb the pain any second now." Sebastian stared intensely at Sab, waiting to see if his plan had worked.

'HOLY S#&$ IT WORKED!' Sebastian thought to himself. "Don't call me that." Sebastian said. He hated those nicknames. He always found them incredibly demeaning, but he couldn't stop people from saying them. At least it wasn't Sea-bass, he absolutely hated that nickname. He doesn't even know how or why Gaius and the rest of the clan started calling him that, but it always annoyed him. 

"Now all we can do is wait." Sebastian said. "Any idea how long it will take until the room depressurizes?"  

Vandal couldn't speak or move, he was useless now or at least for this job. He decided just to sleep since he needed the rest, he thought about what happened; A friend who is Infested, a friend who isn't infested, got attacked by swarms of Grineer, his appendages cut off and finally shot in the neck. Oh and also Vay Hek. Who couldn't forget him? Well... Vandal nearly did.

"The wound is now closed. The disc will stay on the wound, to ensure that it doesn't open." Belrev sighed. Meanwhile Kage layed on Belrev's lap, with his armor bullet ridden.

"Soon, Kage. Soon." Belrev whispered to the now sleeping kubrow.

Try to stay awake. STAY AWAKE. Belrev thought.

'HOLY S#&$ IT WORKED!' Sebastian thought to himself. "Don't call me that." Sebastian said. He hated those nicknames. He always found them incredibly demeaning, but he couldn't stop people from saying them. At least it wasn't Sea-bass, he absolutely hated that nickname. He doesn't even know how or why Gaius and the rest of the clan started calling him that, but it always annoyed him. 

"Now all we can do is wait." Sebastian said. "Any idea how long it will take until the room depressurizes?" 

"Well lets see, this room is pretty big, and so is that hole where the vacuum of space is pulling out all the air. Hoping to god that normal laws of physics are out there and not the void, using the details from those maps we got before we left the dojo would mean that the amount of oxygen per square metre minus the preoccupied space minus ten thousand litres per second per second multiplied by one eighty.

This would result in the conclusion that I have no f*cking clue." 

"Good to see the hole in your gut hasn't harmed you being a smart &#!." Sebastian said jokingly. "Ah well it shouldn't be too long from now." Sebastian was relieved that Sab would be okay for now. However, his eyes wandered back into the void of space, bringing forth emotions of grief and mourning. "I really hope my message got through to Volun-Tai. I really don't want to lose another comrade. Kardin deserves better than to suffocate in space." Sebastian hated that he could do nothing to help him. He didn't even know if Sab had seen him go. He regretted saying those words, but he couldn't help himself. It was unlike him to show such emotion during a critical event such as this.

"Oh he'll be fine. Rhinos are fat, so it'll be quite a while til any of his kind starves out there. Plus even if the telsa frame wound up to be dead Kardin could always just wait for this place to depressurize and then just Rhino charge back in."

Until Sebastian had mentioned it Sab had in no way been aware that Kardin had gotten sucked outta the ship, you don't really have time for sight seeing when all your efforts are being spent getting ripped in half.