The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic]The Setup, Redux 18+

SpaceHelicopters

Evan got hit by one of the Grineer forces. He sighed.

"Well I guess today is the day I meet all the Grineer and Corpus I have slain," he chuckled, shaking his head. Death while fighting the Grineer wasn't too bad, at least his last act was a noble one. Just when he was about to give up, he managed to see the outline of someone floating in the free space, forming a sign familiar to him. "That sign,I've seen it somewhere...er...guess I'll figure it out later. No archwing, definitely not part of my strike team, I may get some useful supplies off him, if he's dead..." Evan muttered. He flew to him as quickly as he could. "Well isn't this Kardin?" He said. He knocked on his helmet. "Er...hello? Anyone in there?" He asked. He looked up, only to see the Grineer forces closing in on them. He flew out of there with Kardin, and stopped behind a rock where they wouldn't be spotted. "Well you are still showing up on my minimap, are you alive? Hhheeeelllllooooooo?"

At the breach...

Sadly, the jamming would not be lifted. Seeing as how the jamming signal was being broadcasted from the Galleon above, as close as it was, there was no way a sentinel could produce a signal strong enough to reach that far, let along capable of jamming a ship's communication's array.

However, the conflicting signals produced a hole in the static, producing a ray of hope in the form of a familiar Corpus pilot's voice.

"zzzrsk...elrev, Har-r-r-r-ly, -krzk-uin! Come on, anyo-o-o-one! If -szkrs- of you are still -chka-live, I'm heading to the pickup location as I spea-"

He's cut off by what sounds like a missile striking the hull of the Cichlid.

"I can't stay long! -zksazk- taken too much of a be-e-e-eating, can't find Vanda-a-a-al, -zrk- think he's dead. Hurry or I'm leaving -ksk-out you!"

His voice ends, the veil of static falling back over the comms. The group would now have to get to the trash chute located at the end of the corridor, however such a feat would be far from easy. Now was not the time for naps or licking wounds, just because they were around the corner didn't make them safe, quite the opposite in fact. Grineer began to move in on their position, riding a wave of rage and lead as the first Butcher entered the corridor. Fighting wouldn't be impossible, but due to the lack of room, it would be cramped and difficult. Not only that, but the corridor was completely devoid of cover. They would need to hurry, spending too much time fighting would only increase the number of bullets that would pierce their broken warframes.

In the remnants of the storage room...

The amount of time it was taking for the room to depressurize was rather long, even considering it's size. Should someone in the group have an eye out, the source of this problem could be found in two industrial air vents that were currently still pumping air into what remained of the room. One would be in rather close proximity to the General, the other reachable by Sebastian, however it would require leaving Sab. Once the vents were blocked or sealed in some way, complete depressurization would follow shortly.

Evan got hit by one of the Grineer forces. He sighed.

"Well I guess today is the day I meet all the Grineer and Corpus I have slain," he chuckled, shaking his head. Death while fighting the Grineer wasn't too bad, at least his last act was a noble one. Just when he was about to give up, he managed to see the outline of someone floating in the free space, forming a sign familiar to him. "That sign,I've seen it somewhere...er...guess I'll figure it out later. No archwing, definitely not part of my strike team, I may get some useful supplies off him, if he's dead..." Evan muttered. He flew to him as quickly as he could. "Well isn't this Kardin?" He said. He knocked on his helmet. "Er...hello? Anyone in there?" He asked. He looked up, only to see the Grineer forces closing in on them. He flew out of there with Kardin, and stopped behind a rock where they wouldn't be spotted. "Well you are still showing up on my minimap, are you alive? Hhheeeelllllooooooo?"

Kardin chuckled, his shields were all but gone, and he didn't didn't have any way to talk, since there wasn't any comms he pointed to the crack in his helmet, to show Evan that his life support was failing slowly. It was honestly only really thanks to his massive shields mods that he lived as long as he did. On the other note, kardin was basically cooked and had severe head trauma. The blood of which may or may not be leaking out along with his oxygen

The comm chatter brought a reassuring wave of relief through him. It seems that he would have his drink after all.

"We have to get to the trash chute! End of the corridor!" He raggedly yelled, as he stood up. As he stood up, he saw the Grineer move in on their position. A damn good amount too.

'Oh for f***s sake!' Belrev's inner voice groaned in irritation.

He turned his attention to Silver.

"Silver! We have to go now, grab Harley!"

Holding out a hand, Belrev pulled Vandal up.

"We aren't dead yet, brother. Not yet."

Edited by (PS4)batman200087

Sebastian was getting frusturated. How was the room still in the process of depressurizing? "This is getting rediciulous." Sebastian complained. "This is taing way too long. I may not know the actual length of time it would take for this room to depressurize, but it could not be this long." Sebastian was looking around the room, trying to find any kind of answer. "I mean, all the doors are locked, there is a masisve hole in the side of the ship, the only thing that would be keeping this place like it is is if air is still being pumped into the ro- of god damn course." Sebastian had spotted an open vent in the back of the room. That had to be only reason.

"Of course. There is always something! Well... we will be stuck here unless we seal that." Sebastian planned a course of action to get there without getting sucked out oof the ship, but somehting crossed his mind. "Hey, Sab, would you be okay if I went to seal that stupid vent? If you pass out you and Krenn will go flying out of the ship."

Edited by IrishHades1798

The comm chatter brought a reassuring wave of relief through him. It seems that he would have his drink after all.

"We have to get to the trash chute! End of the corridor!" He raggedly yelled, as he stood up. As he stood up, he saw the Grineer move in on their position. A damn good amount too.

'Oh for f***s sake!' Belrev's inner voice groaned in irritation.

He turned his attention to Silver.

"Silver! We have to go now, grab Harley!"

Holding out a hand, Belrev pulled Vandal up.

"We aren't dead yet, brother. Not yet."

Silver nodded and pulled up Harley. He stood up, looking at Belrev. "Lead on." He said.

Vandal noticed all communications were lost. "Great... Full retreat and now the comms are gone. "Fantastic..." He mumbled as he looked around. "Listen... If I randomly fall to the ground, just don't think I'm dead hm?" He said to Belrev. "Think I'd rather get in an awkward conversation with a possibly ugly Trinity rather than die, here." He said

Arino was somewhere... When it's somewhere... He had already left with an Archwing from a dead Tenno. He knew something bad would go wrong and had to get away before it was too late.

After some time of trying to head back to command, Arino would suddenly find himself faced with a Liset. It had appeared in front of him, and had jumped from somewhere else. It seemed to be coloured dark-greyish, with a red outline. Obviously a custom one.

Arino would pick up a voice on his Comms.

"-zzsask- Identify yourself, -zzzzssak- Tenno."

The voice sounded feminine, but it was garbled.

Note: This new character will not become a main OC. She is just going to appear as a minor character in this part of the IC.

Silver nodded and pulled up Harley. He stood up, looking at Belrev. "Lead on." He said.

"Grineer are swarming the exit way. We can't fight for long." Belrev replied, as he moved forward.

He holstered his Soma, and held his Galatine tightly.

As he moved forward, he sliced away at the Grineer brutally. As the blood rained down from their bodies, Belrev smirked.

'Maybe I am a blood knight...' He thought. Knocking himself free of his thoughts, Belrev returned his attention to the situation at hand.

"I'm going to blind them, run through as fast as you can! It will last about 10 or 15 seconds!" Belrev shouted.

With that said, Belrev held his Galatine with one hand. With his free hand, he materialized the signature ethereal skana all Excalibur users have. One large puff of eye melting light shined bright, as it blinded a good amount of the Grineer.

"Go Now!"

Silver ran as fast as he could, holding Harley. He got to Vandal, before waiting for Belrev to come too.

At the Liset....

"Jacket....-zzzzssak- unusual name. So, tell me, -zzzzssk- Jacket, why are you out here? No Archwing pilot flies -zzzzssk- out this far into space. There is no -zzzak- relay or dojo near here. Have you gotten lost?"

In the remnants of the storage room...

The amount of time it was taking for the room to depressurize was rather long, even considering it's size. Should someone in the group have an eye out, the source of this problem could be found in two industrial air vents that were currently still pumping air into what remained of the room. One would be in rather close proximity to the General, the other reachable by Sebastian, however it would require leaving Sab. Once the vents were blocked or sealed in some way, complete depressurization would follow shortly.

Why was it taking so long to depressurize? Hexer thought. The same thing happened on Corpus Ships in the all-too-regular event when a fire-fight blew open a window. It was as if the Corpus WANTED those windows to break. Why else would they put the damn barrels next to the windows?

Then the logical thought hit.

Vents. There had to be vents pumping air and pressure into the room.

Why did the logical thoughts always take so long to hit? So many problems would have been solved if they didn't take so long.

He looked around to find the culprit, even adding scanners to the mix. At least they weren't being jammed. Before long, the vent was located. A railgun shot was doubtful to work, and Godsend would cause more problems than solve them. Hopefully there would be a panel somewhere Hexer could hack to close it down, but then again, that might also open the doors.

And that would mean Grineer.

Screw it, I have ammo, he thought to himself as he got up and started looking for a control panel*

( Dunno if it's to late to join or not.. but I'll post anyway! Just send me a message if it is to late and ignore the post <3 )

A Vauban had been watching everything from a far, having hacked comms, camera's, and the occasional suit or two to get a good view. He shook his head at everything that had happened. Looking to his sleeping Kubrow near by he grunted. Moving down his ship to his arsenal and pressing a button, his Boltor Prime swung into range and Cazz grabbed it, strapping in on his back to join the Lex prime at his right hip, and his Nikana on his left hip. He eyed his Kubrow one last time and nodded,"Time to go to work." He set his ship on a very sneaky course towards the Corpus ship, making sure to take out any stragglers that may notice him before he got to close. 

Once near Cazz decended onto the far east side of the ship. His Nikana at the ready he made his way towards the other Tenno he knew were around. He kept quiet, steathly executing any Grineer that happened to be stumbled upon. 

( Dunno if it's to late to join or not.. but I'll post anyway! Just send me a message if it is to late and ignore the post <3 )

A Vauban had been watching everything from a far, having hacked comms, camera's, and the occasional suit or two to get a good view. He shook his head at everything that had happened. Looking to his sleeping Kubrow near by he grunted. Moving down his ship to his arsenal and pressing a button, his Boltor Prime swung into range and Cazz grabbed it, strapping in on his back to join the Lex prime at his right hip, and his Nikana on his left hip. He eyed his Kubrow one last time and nodded,"Time to go to work." He set his ship on a very sneaky course towards the Corpus ship, making sure to take out any stragglers that may notice him before he got to close. 

Once near Cazz decended onto the far east side of the ship. His Nikana at the ready he made his way towards the other Tenno he knew were around. He kept quiet, steathly executing any Grineer that happened to be stumbled upon.

(Uh, go to the OCC thread. You have to post a character spreadsheet for Spacehelicopters to review before joining the IC thread. Might want to delete this post. Here's the link to the OCC: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/395139-oocqarecruitingthe-setup-redux-the-lounge/page-88.)

Arino went into the Liset and stood up on his feet, looking around before going to the pilot of the ship. "So... Who is this?" He asked.

Arino would find himself face-to-face with a Nyx, wearing the nemesis skin. The Nemesis helmet was resting on a control panel near her. The Nyx had a dark tan complexion, and maroon eyes.

"I'm Maxi. I suppose you must be a part of that raid on that special Grineer ship nearby? That's the only logical reason for an Archwing pilot to be out this far."

Maxi took note of Arino's comment, before responding. "I rarely see battle, myself. My sister's the fighter, I'm the brains. She's currently out on a mission."

Maxi turned around and pressed some buttons on the control panel. "So, if you were part of that raid, you would want to go back to the dojo of the Crimson Lotus, correct?"

Edited by Agent_Maine

Maxi hesitated for a moment before responding. "I was invited to go on this mission, but I declined. I have other things to do."

She pressed some more buttons, before turning back to Arino. "New course set for the dojo. Tell me, 'Jacket', what are your thoughts on the Lotus? I'm a bit of an information collector."

She waited a second, before adding: "You don't have to worry, I don't care on what you answer is. You can be one of those anti-Lotus Tenno for all I care."

She slightly placed her hand on a despair knife on her hip, waiting for an answer.

Arino shrugged and sighed. "I might as well since I'm here."

"Very well."

Maxi turned to Arino. "Come on out."

Suddenly, a huge holographic projection filled up the space between Arino and Maxi. It seemed to be some sort of grey mass; everchanging. "Hello, Arino. You can't hide anything from me." It said, the mass pulsing with every word.

Arino went into the Liset and stood up on his feet, looking around before going to the pilot of the ship. "So... Who is this?" He asked.

Vandal jumped down the chute second and landed next to Silver, looking at him before looking up the chute again hoping Belrev came down.

Belrev jumped down the chute, with a noticeable amount of freshly made cuts and bruises. Under his arm he held Kage, while Corion magnetized himself to his back.

Landing with a soft 'thud', Belrev nodded to Vandal and Silver. "Those Grineer sure are brutal." Belrev muttered, recalling the painful kick a Bombard inflicted upon him.

Then it came to him. A realization so clear, so full of truth.

"It smells like a god damn morgue here. Can't wait to leave this hellhole." Belrev bluntly said, in a monotone.

'Vidic. You better hurry up.' He thought.

Arino froze and looked left to right and then back at the grey mass. "Well... W-what are you then?" He asked, more nervous than he was before, thinking that this thing can read into everything he had done.

"An entity designed to become perfect. That is what I am, and that is what I will become. Perfect." The grey mass responded.

"But I require some things from Tenno. Physical data, and also knowledge of how particular Tenno use their abilities. And these Tenno are hand picked by me for....well, I had a friend who used to say: Discovery by experimentation."