Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kohm Back To Me Baby

OtterDerp

Just throwing in my 2 cents, hoping DE will listen.

I can completely get behind wanting to fix some lag causing issues, but I feel like the changes to the Kohm were really lazy.

I was actively using the Kohm before its changes, and when I first read the changes, they sounded alright on paper, but in practice, the weapon just feels horrible and frustrating now.

The lowered rate of fire just makes me sad everytime I spool it up, and while the increase ammo efficiency and damage is nice, they are both nullified by the extreme unreliabilty of the pellets actually hitting anything in front of you. Even without Vicious spread on, I see some pellets go flying off the top of my screen, or going down at a greater than 45 degree angle and hitting the floor about a meter in front of me.

The old Kohm probably did this too, but it didn't matter, because there were enough pellets to blanket the spread of the weapon. Now, its like a blanket with a bunch of holes in it.

On paper, you could fix this by tightening the spread? but how far are you going to go in changing the weapons functionality and fun factor to fix lag issues. It sounds like DE didn't intend to nerf the Kohm, but they absolutely did, and I'm not just talking about nerfing its DPS. They nerfed its fun factor pretty dang hard.

The other problem they did not take into account is the overall loss of DPS due to removing the extra rounds from the full spool.

DE removed 5 rounds but due to hell's Chamber what actually got removed was 10 rounds minimum and sometimes even 11. This caused a massive DPS loss even though they buffed the base damage.

The other problem they did not take into account is the overall loss of DPS due to removing the extra rounds from the full spool.

DE removed 5 rounds but due to hell's Chamber what actually got removed was 10 rounds minimum and sometimes even 11. This caused a massive DPS loss even though they buffed the base damage.

I'm not horribly upset about DPS loss, but this is still relevant.

There is a MASSIVE amount of gaps in the kohm's spread coverage due to all these missing pellets.\

Also you shouldn't confuse warframe builders DPS with applicable DPS.

When it comes to a high spread weapon like the Kohm, those are two VERY different numbers.

I love the Kohm, Kohm fanboy, Kohm for prez 2016, but even I will admit that the godlike DPS everyone always talks about the Kohm having is just not real, or even usable, unless your giving slowva'd vor a belly full of lead at point plank range.

Edited by OtterDerp

Kohm still kills the host

It never did for me, and I'm running on what some people would call a toaster... if you're having frame drops, chances are that while the kohm does not help the issue, it is not the source of your problem.

I'm not horribly upset about DPS loss, but this is still relevant.

There is a MASSIVE amount of gaps in the kohm's spread coverage due to all these missing pellets.\

Also you shouldn't confuse warframe builders DPS with applicable DPS.

When it comes to a high spread weapon like the Kohm, those are two VERY different numbers.

I love the Kohm, Kohm fanboy, Kohm for prez 2016, but even I will admit that the godlike DPS everyone always talks about the Kohm having is just not real, or even usable, unless your giving slowva'd vor a belly full of lead at point plank range.

LOL my Kohm never had a spread at all I run a maxed out tainted shell and Shotgun Spaz. The only thing I calculate for my damages is the number of shots fired+hell's chamber+ the damage It listed in the Liset. My numbers pre nerf were vastly higher than post nerf thus my issue. For me it was never about the spread.