Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fusion Moas Are A Stroke Of Genius. Are They Here To Stay?

TinyLesbianRobot

The subject line basically says it all.

Fusion Moas are a prime example of brilliant enemy design.  They're powerful and intimidating without being spammy or cheap, they have a variety of cool and unique abilities that spice up the battlefield, and they just look badass.  They also fill the role of 'heavy unit' for the Corpus, making battling them feel less samey.

If these brilliant little critters left, I'd be very sad.

Will they be sticking around after the Operation is done with?

While I don't agree that you're saying they're not cheap when you involve those near pre-nerf Grineer Lancer strength shield draining lasers, I do want these to be a new heavy unit. Tired of Shockwave MOAs tossing my crap and I'm expected to kill more of them while JUMPING and shooting. Seriously, it's annoying as crap to aim while jumping, all with the possibility that you might not have dodged their shockwave. If any enemy is an embodiment of what tedious is, that's a Shockwave MOA. I'll take Fusion MOAs over them any day.

Edited by Kennard

Why do they not eject their drones earlier

I understand the mechanic, if you are able to kill them quickly with one stream of damage (aka not reload), then they don't have a chance to eject their drone. Its a quality mechanic.

But does the drone make them stronger in any way before it is ejected? That is the only thing that would make sense to me

Why do they not eject their drones earlier

I understand the mechanic, if you are able to kill them quickly with one stream of damage (aka not reload), then they don't have a chance to eject their drone. Its a quality mechanic.

But does the drone make them stronger in any way before it is ejected? That is the only thing that would make sense to me

If only the drones shielded a weakness in the Fusion MOA so we would have to first damage it enough for it to eject the drone then allow us to shoot its weakness.

Then again, it would make them too difficult as a normal enemy unit.

The subject line basically says it all.

If these brilliant little critters left, I'd be very sad.

Greetings.

As I posted in another thread, it costs resources to produce assets and thus no company is in the practice of creating temporary assets only to toss them.

Fusion MOA is definitely here to stay.

Best Regards,

They need to stay. They're one of -if not the- best designed enemy as of yet.

I'd love to see these in Pluto Alerts...I want to see a lvl 55 Fusion MOA.

O if only we had some end game material.

+1 all the way for you.

Greetings.

As I posted in another thread, it costs resources to produce assets and thus no company is in the practice of creating temporary assets only to toss them.

Best Regards,

Yet it is possible that this Fusion MOA could be reused as a boss instead. Just tossing that idea out as well.

Play Eligor. The enemies scale in level as the waves go on, just like normal for Defense missions; by Wave 15, they're Level 45.

They are cool and nice and I hope they spread to the rest of the solar system post-event.

DE should increase the range of the laser or allow these moas to walk while they shoot, because they are far too easy to avoid.

Edited by CubedOobleck

Indeed, they are one of my favourite enemies in the game so far, and they really don't need to be changed from their current state. Their moderate shields/health means they're not a bullet sponge, their laser has a slight activation and turning time so you can out-sprint it if you're fast enough, and their dps is high enough that if you are caught off guard, you will be punished for it without being cheap. They even deploy Drones as support units if you don't kill them fast enough. Without resorting to staggers/knockdowns, the Fusion Moa succeeds at being both challenging and fun at the same time, not to mention the epic graphics design of it. Fusion Moas are a step in the right direction for enemy development, and they REALLY need to stay.

We did a defence mission up top wave 35 and saw level 90+Fusion Moas.

They're pretty cool.

Greetings.

Best Regards,

Not being tossed out completely doesn't make them a permanent addition. In a different MMO I've played, a special enemy AND a corresponding boss got introduced for an event that lasted two weeks and we haven't seen any of them since. It's been announced they will return, and we're pretty much assuming it'll be for another two weeks next year.

I heard they're gonna replace the shockwave MOAs?

That would be a very decent decision. The knockdown value of Corpus is off the chart.

And remove the silly knockdown for laser barriers as well, it's annoying enough only a minority of players care about turning off the cameras when running ahead.