The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe Choppy After Latest Update.

xGenocide

Hey I really hope I'm not the only one, but after this new update i have a steady 120 fps on max settings. Yet even moving seems a little choppy. For all those who are going to reply "oh try this setting blah blah". I turned every single setting off and or on low, and had absolutely no improvement. 

I can't really describe it, it isn't "lag". Its just not running smooth, feels like i have low fps.

something has introduced significant Input Delay.

i'm going to point that i don't think you tried 'every possible Video Option combination'.

the new Video Options introduced are Post Processing Effects, which generally are most prone to adding Input Delay.

i would recommend identifying whether your situation has a GPU bottleneck or a CPU bottleneck. adjust accordingly to minimize load on your bottleneck.

Edited by taiiat

I noticed this too, at first I thought it was because I was using nvidia 3d vision, but turning that off didn't fix it. The in-game fps counter showed my fps dropping from 60 to below 30 at random intervals. But I noticed that turning off vsync seemed to keep my fps above 120 although the frame variance was still definitely there because I was often much higher than that.

Max Settings @ 1080p (motion blur, depth of field, and physX off)

i7-4770

MSI TF GTX 660 2GB (driver revision 347.52)

12GB DDR3-1600

Windows 8.1 Pro

I have the same problem as well, I was running a smooth 60-50 FPS before this update, no new changes to my computer and I've reoptimized and have been playing with the lowest settings. I feel like the addition of the particle effects really #*($%%@ with the people who are running low tier computers. I've made sure to check and clear up any CPU bottlenecks. It feels like a repeat of Operation Gatecrash for me, I'll assume that with the last few updates, there hasn't been any re-optimizing of in-game areas.