The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Insufficient Video Memory / Crashing Drivers

silverbullet1989

Hi all. Not had any luck on the subreddit with this so thought i'd ask here. 

Ive been playing for about 3-4 weeks now. Love the game. One thing i praised it for was how well it ran and looked. My specs are

• EVGA 980Gtx 4GB

• AMD FX 4170 @ 4.30 GHz

• Win 7 64bit

• 12GB RAM

For the first week the game ran great. I was even using the nvidia DSR function and running the game at 2x my native resolution of 1920 x 1080 and i never noticed it drop below 60fps. Then a couple of updates happened and i started to have continuous issues with "Insufficient video memory" and it crashing my game & nvidia drivers.

This can happen after prolonged gameplay or like today within the first 10 mins of loading it up. Ive started to turn more and more graphic options off (first been nvidia physx) and now im running the game at my native resolution.

Its starting to annoy me now. I cant go on any prolonged survival or defense missions or risk loosing everything if it crashes. Plus hosting void missions with my friends is now a big risk as i mess everything up for them + loose the key if it crashes.

Is this a known issue or anything? What can i do to stop this from happening? i mean ive never had this issue before or with any other games... a 980gtx with 4gb of vram should take on anything shouldn't it? My friends have similar set ups with lower end cards with 2gb of vram and they are not having problems (apart from physx)

I've tried all different drivers from the nvidia site and nothing is helping. Im monitoring my memory and temp usage in game. The cards temp never seems to exceed 58c and the highest ive seen the memory usage go was 1183mb which is nothing compared to my modded skyrim. 

Can i gain access to a crash log from somewhere for more information? 

So ive tried the following...

• Different Nvidia drivers

• Disabling different graphic options (including physx)

• Different direct x versions from the launcher (dx9 dx10 dx11) 

Edited by silverbullet1989

There is a crash log (rather an overall log that is generated as you play) you can grab, but it's something you should only share with support through a support ticket as it can contain sensitive information about your account.

The location of the log will be in your "%localappdata%\Warframe\" (or "C:\Users\<Your Windows Account>\appdata\local\Warframe\") folder under "EE.log". 

With a 980 GTX you definitely shouldn't be experiencing that. I'd suggest contacting support with a Support Ticket with the category "Tech Support > Tech - Help With Game Performance". You should generate a Dxdiag.txt file as well and attach both the EE.log and Dxdiag.txt to the support ticket.

Also, make sure you grab the EE.log file immediately after a crash, as it gets wiped and created anew each time you re/start the game.

Thanks Dragon i'll get right on that =)

The card was kind of an impulse purchase over christmas. Im going to be building a new system this summer as the CPU is probably my main drawback at the moment. 

I wish I could impulsebuy my planned 1500 Eur rig <.< And there is not even a GTX 980 in it :<

• 3 months later...

Having this isue too, on a rig: Asus Maximus V Gene / Core i5 3570k / 16gb ram a data xpg 2400 mhz / Nvidia GTX 670 amp edition 2gb ddr5 (zotac). Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Nvidia drivers . 327 to  352.06 same error also re instaled windows from fresh still crashing.
this error started for me a while after till regor's sea event.