Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There Is One Thing I Do Not Understand With Players Complaining About T4 Survival Changes... (Off Topic)

Renegade343

And that is: 

Are there not other Endless Missions in T4, where Fusion Cores could be obtained?

I mean, there is T4 Interception, and that game mode is actually quite relaxing to play. You can one shot enemies, enemies can kill you quickly if you are not careful, the points are equally spread apart, and the time for finishing a round is alright too. 

No, really, I do not understand how Rare 5 Fusion Cores suddenly become very more difficult to obtain, when there are two other T4 Endless Mission options. 

Because the people with this mentality went to the syndicate that used to sell T4S keys and dumped their rep and medallions on T4S keys for two weeks straight. Now they're left holding the bag.

It's funny how people didn't complain when there wasn't a go to place to get r5 fusion cores before t4 existed.

At that time people in T4 didn't need cores because max damage mods (or close, 8/10 or 9/10) were assumed. Now T4 is old news and Primed mods are the new hotness.

Because the people with this mentality went to the syndicate that used to sell T4S keys and dumped their rep and medallions on T4S keys for two weeks straight. Now they're left holding the bag.

And so?

I have quite a few T4 Survival Keys (8, in fact, from running quite a few Interceptions, and then I used up around 4 of them), and really, I just go and tell players to adapt to that, because this is a change where it is not that galling. 

And so?

I have quite a few T4 Survival Keys (8, in fact, from running quite a few Interceptions, and then I used up around 4 of them), and really, I just go and tell players to adapt to that, because this is a change where it is not that galling. 

I'm talking about hundreds. They invested in HUNDREDS of keys, purely so they could use them to farm in the future. Now they're holding a bunch of keys for missions they already have all the prime parts from and the only thing they're good for is farming.

These used to be 5K for 5 keys and you could earn ~50K / day if you were MR18, hit your cap and did your dailies. A little more if you found medallions (In my experience they were almost all common medallions back then but this could be RNG) More if you had stockpiled medallions sitting around when the announcement went up.

50x14=700 keys without medallions. Now, I don't think very many people played every single day but 200-400 keys sitting around is probably common for the people making these complaints.

If T4S is nolonger good to farm, what are they left holding? 328 Hobbled Dragon Keys?

Edited by VKhaun

I'm talking about hundreds. They invested in HUNDREDS of keys, purely so they could use them to farm in the future. Now they're holding a bunch of keys for missions they already have all the prime parts from and the only thing they're good for is farming.

This is the world, to be honest. 

You invest into something, then hold it in the future so that it would yield greater returns, then there is a chance that something bad comes along, and wipes it away. 

Which is why I often advise against holding out too much. A bit of hoarding is fine, but hoarding too much means that you are placing quite a bit of risk into it. 

These used to be 5K for 5 keys and you could earn ~50K / day if you were MR18, hit your cap and did your dailies. A little more if you found medallions (In my experience they were almost all common medallions back then but this could be RNG) More if you had stockpiled medallions sitting around when the announcement went up.

50x14=700 keys without medallions. Now, I don't think very many people played every single day but 200-400 keys sitting around is probably common for the people making these complaints.

I already know the mathematics of the T4 Keys in Syndicates itself, and I got wise, then used the mathematics to invest into some T4 Extermination Keys, because that Key is relatively stable (due to the fact that it takes a bit of time to complete, and that it is not Endless too). 

If T4S is nolonger good to farm, what are they left holding? 328 Hobbled Dragon Keys?

Collect a few more Orokin Cells, get a few Prime parts, get a few Fusion Cores just have fun murdering enemies while replenishing life support. 

Collect a few more Orokin Cells, get a few Prime parts, get a few Fusion Cores just have fun murdering enemies while replenishing life support. 

^

This is where the rotation C complaints come in. Anyone with stockpiles of these keys really only needs duck cats and cores. Instead they get O Cells.

O Cells are mostly a time gate for mid tier players and noobs rushign prime gear. We think of them as rare, because they are really frikkin rare, but they are rare from lots of different sources, so over time you just naturally end up with piles of them if you're a long term player. I think I have 244 or something like that and I don't even farm/grind high level endless content.

I actually want the cores out of the rotation altogether. I mean, really, if I want cores, I can farm something simple like ODD where there sheer volume of enemies guarantees tons of drops.

I use void keys to get prime parts(or ducats, or both!), not stuff that drops on venus.

It's absurd that you have to do t3 if you want to get a good rate on ducat fodder, and just completely disheartening that t4s is even-less-likely-yet to drop what you actually need if you're trying to build something that has parts there.

^

This is where the rotation C complaints come in. Anyone with stockpiles of these keys really only needs duck cats and cores. Instead they get O Cells.

O Cells are mostly a time gate for mid tier players and noobs rushign prime gear. We think of them as rare, because they are really frikkin rare, but they are rare from lots of different sources, so over time you just naturally end up with piles of them if you're a long term player. I think I have 244 or something like that and I don't even farm/grind high level endless content.

Really, I do not mind them too much. 

After all, it is nice for building up Forma and such (just in case things happen), and collecting them for future use later on in the game. 

And I can predict that once stockpiles go down, the change would be gone, and nothing ever happened at all. 

It's funny how people didn't complain when there wasn't a go to place to get r5 fusion cores before t4 existed.

Because we didn't have Primed mods.

Sure, there are other places that drop them. But not nearly as much as T4S did. There's so much to grind and so many things we need cores for that not having a reliable place to get them isn't going to cut it. 

But to be honest, who would be buying Primed Pistol Ammo Mutation?

Or maybe Primed Fast Hands?

Bad point. Just because you think some Primed mods are useless doesn't mean they don't exist altogether. 

There's still Primed Continuity, Primed Flow, Primed Heated Charge, Primed Reach and a few others that I haven't - and I know many people - have yet to max, simply due to the sheer amount of cores and credits they require. And this is even with all the time before the core nerf that we've had to farm. Now, it's much, much worse.

You should be able to see why we complain :P 

Bad point. Just because you think some Primed mods are useless doesn't mean they don't exist altogether. 

I am stating that not everybody would be buying all the Primed mods (and then, not everybody would be buying Primed mods at all). 

There's still Primed Continuity, Primed Flow, Primed Heated Charge, Primed Reach and a few others that I haven't - and I know many people - have yet to max, simply due to the sheer amount of cores and credits they require. And this is even with all the time before the core nerf that we've had to farm. Now, it's much, much worse.

You should be able to see why we complain :P 

Use Uncommon Fusion Cores, maybe?

Yes, it is going to be less efficient, but why not slowly level it up bit by bit every time you play? There are still the normal counterparts to use while you slowly level the Primed mod up (and yes, I am slowly levelling up Primed Reach by playing the game for fun, instead of smashing my head in to level it up quickly). 

And the part "we've had to farm" gives the impression that levelling Primed mods is mandatory (which is, truthfully, not). 

I think the amusing point is that people feel they have the right to max all these prime mods. I don't think they'd have been added if DE expected people to max every one they bought.

It's not hard to get a handful of extra points out of one, but you're not getting the full value unless you dedicate a lot of time to it. That's the point--it's meant to be something to work towards. If you get them to a mere rank 6, you're already ahead of the game. Anything past that is bonus. Getting it further than that, because that stat is important to you, THAT is the point of the difficulty. It's not meant to be a flat, across-the-board instant upgrade.

If you keep putting stuff into it, you'll get there eventually. It shouldn't be instant gratification, and it's disturbing that so many people are demanding it. The fact that we're going to get access to 1 or 2 every other week for the foreseeable future already suggests it should be implausible to ever max them all. By the end of the year, barring repeats, we should have nearly 40 primed mods. Unless r5's drop like credits, there is no plausible way to max all of that, short of buying fusion core packs from the store.

Wrecking the void to play a never-ending game of catchup won't work.

I am stating that not everybody would be buying all the Primed mods (and then, not everybody would be buying Primed mods at all). 

Use Uncommon Fusion Cores, maybe?

Yes, it is going to be less efficient, but why not slowly level it up bit by bit every time you play? There are still the normal counterparts to use while you slowly level the Primed mod up (and yes, I am slowly levelling up Primed Reach by playing the game for fun, instead of smashing my head in to level it up quickly). 

And the part "we've had to farm" gives the impression that levelling Primed mods is mandatory (which is, truthfully, not). 

Much, much, much less efficient - to the point where it wouldn't be worth it and would be a hell of a lot longer grind than if I could just go to T4S and get R5's at a decent pace (which I found fun, and exciting and rewarding gameplay, btw).

No leveling Primed mods isn't mandatory. But it's something I, and many other Warframe players, want to do. And now that I can't without playing missions I don't enjoy/aren't nearly as as rewarding - and needing to play them more, I am of course, like many other players, not happy. 

I think the amusing point is that people feel they have the right to max all these prime mods. I don't think they'd have been added if DE expected people to max every one they bought.

It's not hard to get a handful of extra points out of one, but you're not getting the full value unless you dedicate a lot of time to it. That's the point--it's meant to be something to work towards. If you get them to a mere rank 6, you're already ahead of the game. Anything past that is bonus. Getting it further than that, because that stat is important to you, THAT is the point of the difficulty. It's not meant to be a flat, across-the-board instant upgrade.

If you keep putting stuff into it, you'll get there eventually. It shouldn't be instant gratification, and it's disturbing that so many people are demanding it. The fact that we're going to get access to 1 or 2 every other week for the foreseeable future already suggests it should be implausible to ever max them all. By the end of the year, barring repeats, we should have nearly 40 primed mods. Unless r5's drop like credits, there is no plausible way to max all of that, short of buying fusion core packs from the store.

Wrecking the void to play a never-ending game of catchup won't work.

Nobody believes they can max them all instantly. I don't think anybody ever believed that (unless they were super rich and stacked to the brim with R5's). We aren't stupid.

But what we do believe, is that there should atleast be a decent way (read: decent) to get R5's like there was (which nobody complained about) before 15.13 to atleast make the process, and the goal, not exponentially impossible. Atleast before there was a plausible chance of getting to max these Primed mods if you worked towards it (and worked hard towards it, it's not even like it was anything near a cakewalk. It still took 528 R5's and 1.6 mil credits per mod) - but now that work you have to put towards it is like x10, which is just crazy and unacceptable.

Now I know that Sheldon said they are planning on giving us another way to farm R5's on Devstream 46, so I'm not complaining that it's never going to happen. I'm just telling you our reasoning behind the original anger. 

Edited by Jahadaya

Nobody believes they can max them all instantly. I don't think anybody ever believed that (unless they were super rich and stacked to the brim with R5's). We aren't stupid.

I do not know about you, but there is a thread some time ago that showed that yes, you can instantly max out a Primed mod with quite a lot of Fusion Cores (along with an image for proof). 

But what we do believe, is that there should atleast be a decent way (read: decent) to get R5's like there was (which nobody complained about) before 15.13 to atleast make the process, and the goal, not exponentially impossible. Atleast before there was a plausible chance of getting to max these Primed mods if you worked towards it (and worked hard towards it, it's not even like it was anything near a cakewalk. It still took 528 R5's and 1.6 mil credits per mod) - but now that work you have to put towards it is like x10, which is just crazy and unacceptable.

T4 Defence and Interception still reward 5 Rare 5 Fusion Cores relatively frequently. 

I do not know about you, but there is a thread some time ago that showed that yes, you can instantly max out a Primed mod with quite a lot of Fusion Cores (along with an image for proof). 

I know about that, hence why I mentioned unless you were super rich and had a ton of R5's :3

T4 Defence and Interception still reward 5 Rare 5 Fusion Cores relatively frequently. 

I'll have to check that out then. 

Now I know that Sheldon said they are planning on giving us another way to farm R5's on Devstream 46, so I'm not complaining that it's never going to happen. I'm just telling you our reasoning behind the original anger. 

I complained. A lot. Again, I don't want fusion cores when I'm trying to get prime parts. Waste of my time. You can get mods anywhere. You can only get prime parts in the void.