The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

@de About The Extermination Operation

TunaMayo

I think the reward is awesome but it does need components from update 8. If you think this is "grindception" it's a fair point. But this type of reward was originally going to be Platinum only!

Should've left it like that cause that way you get some backing on the Glaive thing. 

You're assuming we'll actually get to 100%. I know at the moment of typing this that it seems very likely, but honestly, could we have even failed at this "event"?

Are we really "earning"whatever awesome item you claim this may be?

What? It's at 97%, up from 95% 20 minutes ago. It's going to reach 100%.

I'm going to put mi point of wiew view here and   try to be polite, but i'm completely disappointed... i feel that the DE have ignored users who don't play with frost

Now, we are going to see Frost Primes everywhere (Frost is the most used class, imo)

If the devs do another operation, to get another primes (for example Loki)... Who is going to help? 

Excalibur Players? Frost Players?... no, because they already have his own primes... Nyx Players? Mag Players? Rhino Players?... no, because they don't win anything

The reward is not global, not even personal... is sectorial. Many users have been playing/wasting the entire weekend (because only was funny the first 2-3 hours) to obtain nothing. 

This reward is not controversial, is completly unfair.

And I'm sorry if i seem rough (I'm trying to be constructive), but i am tremendously disappointed... I know that i'm not a founder member, but i can't (and don't want) be founder if the things comes from this way.

And that's my opinion/critique.

PD: sorry for my bad english... i'm not from a english country

Edited by Zharrat

I want to know the dif btwn frost and frost prime c: any info DE? :D

If its like the Excalibur Prime it's cosmetic only

I'd just like to say i really like these weekend events, be the reward 5 ammo boxes or this blueprint, it was a fun way to do things this weekend. I'm looking forward to having more of these in the future

I'm going to put mi point of wiew view here and   try to be polite, but i'm completely disappointed... i feel that the DE have ignored users who don't play with frost
Now, we are going to see Frost Primes everywhere (Frost is the most used class, imo)

If the devs do another operation, to get another primes (for example Loki)... Who is going to help? 
Excalibur Players? Frost Players?... no, because they already have his own primes... Nyx Players? Mag Players? Rhino Players?... no, because they don't win anything

The reward is not global, not even personal... is sectorial. Many users have been playing/wasting the entire weekend (because only was funny the first 2-3 hours) to obtain nothing. 

And I'm sorry if i seem rough, but i am tremendously disappointed... I know that i'm not a founder member, but i can't (and don't want) be founder if the things comes from this way.

As beta devs, I believe that they are simply testing what ideas work and what don't. Please understand this, even though I'm not a dev or a founder. I just give everyone else equal opportunity in terms of how and why people do something or say something.

I think I contributed enough to the percentage since I farmed all day long Europa and now have 4K rubedo >.>

I have 12.150 rubedos after the slaughterfest

Zharrat, on 06 May 2013 - 12:26 AM, said:snapback.png

And I'm sorry if i seem rough, but i am tremendously disappointed... I know that i'm not a founder member, but i can't (and don't want) be founder if the things comes from this way.

Excalibur prime and Excalibur are two different warframe, same for Frost Prime and Frost, each needs to be ranked up seperately.

It's not like "alternative helmet" thing

Edited by Strac_CRO

If its like the Excalibur Prime it's cosmetic only

I'd just like to say i really like these weekend events, be the reward 5 ammo boxes or this blueprint, it was a fun way to do things this weekend. I'm looking forward to having more of these in the future

Doesn't excal prime have an extra affinity slot?

Personally, I enjoyed what DE did, from the encryption to the big reveal there was nothing but wild and fantastic speculations. I can say no more than that I've had a ton of fun participating and doing my part in this event.

I can't speak for those who didn't enjoy it as much as I did but I can kind of understand why they might feel this way.

If any of you guys watch TED on youtube, *highly recommended* here's a video for DE: 

Highlight point on the video: You recall an experience from memory based on the last few moments. If you were happy through 90% of the time, and the last 10% was horrible, then you recall the whole experience as horrible.

Edited by Pisirk

As beta devs, I believe that they are simply testing what ideas work and what don't. Please understand this, even though I'm not a dev or a founder. I just give everyone else equal opportunity in terms of how and why people do something or say something.

Yes of course, and i have to say thank you for the hard work of the Developers (very good designed and executed). The initiative is great but not the reward which in my honestly opinion is very unfair.

Edited by Zharrat

Empathy for sure... We honestly thought people would be overjoyed. So you can imagine we're disappointed with how some are reacting. A global goal, new enemy type, coded messages, event exclusive gear...

Growing pains of a community, Some want to jump to a different stage

I liked the Event, met plenty of new people

Tried some new tactics and finally broke 1 million credits

Doesn't excal prime have an extra affinity slot?

Also, let me quote the wiki...

Excalibur Prime is a limited edition Founder's class. Its abilities are identical to Excalibur's except the Prime has one additional V polarity slot and slightly faster shield regen.

Please note that concerning mastery rank, Excalibur and its Prime version are considered seperate for unlocking mastery levels. That is to say, each has its own 6000 mastery point contribution for reaching level 30.

I never imagined this event would yield such negativity of this magnitude. Being rewarded with a blueprint of an frame that is bound to be "exclusive" to those who are willing to pay actual money for it sounds like a legitimate and healthy reward. If you don't like Frost, then don't craft it. Sell the blueprint. Or perhaps keep it and, on the off-chance that there will be some sort of trading/broker system, you'll be able to reap credits from it due to its rarity. Furthermore, you didn't "have" to invest so much time into the event, casual player or not. You could have simply killed "one" Fusion MOA and you did your part. It's the same as simply logging in to get your daily rewards. Even if you don't have the time for it, just a few five to ten minutes a day and you get rewarded for something free. Something I'm sure everyone, including myself, takes full advantage of and takes for granted despite a lot of those rewards intentionally being available for cash-spending players.

This is the first event (to the extent of my knowledge) that the developers have done and this is simply a stepping stone towards others. There's also bound to be plenty of different types of events to do in the future. I do not want to see this type of event go away. The timer emphasizes urgency in getting the task done and feels more rewarding knowing that the task was accomplished, whether for my own sake or for others. It's a community effort.

I yielded over 8.000 rubedo from this event, an unfair amount of mods and credits and a genuine good xp grind. I'm satisfied. Are you?

This is the first event (to the extent of my knowledge) that the developers have done and this is simply a stepping stone towards others. There's also bound to be plenty of different types of events to do in the future. I do not want to see this type of event go away. The timer emphasizes urgency in getting the task done and feels more rewarding knowing that the task was accomplished, whether for my own sake or for others. It's a community effort.

Indeed sir, I agree with you. The event was awesome, the fact that it's the first of, I hope many, to come makes me really happy.

Now, we are going to see Frost Primes everywhere (Frost is the most used class, imo

Apologies, but..... What have you been smoking? FROST as the most played class? Really? I'd have to strongly disagree with you there... I've gone into countless 4-man pugs and 3 of which are all Excaliburs...

Yes of course, and i have to say thank you for the hard work of the Developers (very good designed and executed). The initiative is great but not the reward which in my honestly opinion is very unfair.

I fail to see how this a an unfair reward. Its the overall BP for a frame that nobody has yet and future users that didn't fight it out for it will have to pay quite a bit for it. 

As ive come to understand it there's a fairly small group of people that play only one class. There are no frost users as more so warframe users that are playing frost right now. The game is so far designed in a way where you can jump across multiple play styles fairly easily. If you decide to farm or buy said items. 

I for one greatly enjoyed this event. We had a few friends over and LAN'd all in the same house with crap tons of snacks and orange soda(Fridge full of beer and sake but we love our orange soda and Dr pepper). There was screaming and streaming and lots of exp to be had. More so than anything it united a community in helping to unlock a reward and we worked for it and got it. 

Good job DE. 

If DE did change up how they did this I for one would like more little updates throughout the weekend . For example when the progress bar hits like 70 percent unleash a MOA general like the stalker that can randomly come into missions and terrorize groups that also contribute more progress/ drop uber rare mods or mats. Or also give all participants of the event a avatar badge. Teired to how many Fusion Moas were killed. So one killed a bronze ver icon , 10 silver , 50 gold , 100+ plat 200+ diamond. THE MOST KILLS GLOBAL a one of a kind king icon. I'm not a games developer but surely an avatar icon sould be fairly easy to whip up right?

All in all great weekend , had a blast !

Good job DE. 

If DE did change up how they did this I for one would like more little updates throughout the weekend . For example when the progress bar hits like 70 percent unleash a MOA general like the stalker that can randomly come into missions and terrorize groups that also contribute more progress/ drop uber rare mods or mats. Or also give all participants of the event a avatar badge. Teired to how many Fusion Moas were killed. So one killed a bronze ver icon , 10 silver , 50 gold , 100+ plat 200+ diamond. THE MOST KILLS GLOBAL a one of a kind king icon. I'm not a games developer but surely an avatar icon sould be fairly easy to whip up right?

All in all great weekend , had a blast !

Agree with this idea..

+1

Personally, I enjoyed what DE did, from the encryption to the big reveal there was nothing but wild and fantastic speculations. I can say no more than that I've had a ton of fun participating and doing my part in this event.

I can't speak for those who didn't enjoy it as much as I did but I can kind of understand why they might feel this way.

If any of you guys watch TED on youtube, *highly recommended* here's a video for DE: 

Highlight point on the video: You recall an experience from memory based on the last few moments. If you were happy through 90% of the time, and the last 10% was horrible, then you recall the whole experience as horrible.

Nope, I had 14k rubedo sitting in the foundry doing nothing;

And while doing the defense mission, I sit right next to the pod, continuously casting Globe to make sure it protected, running back and forth, jumping up and down shooting everywhere to make sure it doesn't get damaged.

I can't even run to pick up mod less to say my hard grinded rubedo.

It was not a enjoying experience, I am a causal player, I enjoy it causally;

I don't like PvP, I don't enjoy intense gameplay.

But unfortunately, forum is now full of treehuggers  that bash anyone who dares to say anything bad about the reward;

Keep this up, and I am sure Devs can get a 100% accurate feedback.

Empathy for sure... We honestly thought people would be overjoyed. So you can imagine we're disappointed with how some are reacting. A global goal, new enemy type, coded messages, event exclusive gear...

Nah they're idiots don't get down.  This was hella fun and a nice break from the usual.  I always love when you add new mobs and event exclusive gear is best kind of gear :D