Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A New Type Of Mission, Almost Like Fighting On Top Of A Train.

Walitatiltel

Hello Tenno,
Lately I been wondering about why their isn't any tanks, troops transports, and basically any mobile vehicles for the ground. We wouldn't need such a thing since we usually attack in small war parties, but the other factions would (last paragraph has the idea if you want to skip by the reasoning).
  When they invade each others planets and are victorious, they would establish a beachhead on that planet. With that beachhead they could use it to start invading the rest of the planet. So would need more ships, manpower, and equipment to hold and attack form their beachhead. Either faction can use their beachhead to deploy a considerable land army while their fleets keep the space above them secure. When the fleets would be defending against/or engaging the enemy over head, the ground forces could advance on other basis on the planet. As they go setting up anti-ship cannons on the surface to push back the enemies factions fleets. But, it would take a VERY long time for an army to walk across the planet to different bases, let alone carrying the equipment they need just to survive off of.
  They would need some sort of platform that is easy to make and can hold troops, supplies, and equipment (Can anyone give picture examples of what they would like to see?). Like a hover platform with simple steering, low walls or bars, no roof, to transport across and above the surface in an effective and simple manner. This could bring about missions where the Tenno would attack these hover transports convoys, jumping to one and another, to find a certain platform that controls the direction the convoy is going and sabotage its navigation. Say off a cliff or straight into a cliff, and when sabotage their would be a timer that you would have to beat by getting back to your ship on time, or learn how to fly, its possible, some Tenno can fly 0.0. Please comment on what you think, what ideas you have, and tell me if this is a good idea and how it can be improved.

I'd like to see the tilesets more lively.  Right now, you have basically static environments in which hordes of enemies come at you.  Would be nice if the tilesets were more dynamic, i.e., the closer you are to the headquarters of the planet you're on, you see different types of enemies.  Maybe they're using turrets and stuff to defend their base.  The big, baddies would be protecting their base, while the farther out you get, you see different types of enemies, acting in different manners.  I don't know, maybe it's too much to ask.

I am just saying it would be fun.

Looking forward to these units ^ =>

Yeah, me too. These should really mix up some of the firefights. The implementation is something I know nothing about just yet though, but I'm sure DE will figure something out.