Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Be Clear: New Spawn Rules F-Ed Up Solo Survivals

Amarsir

We have here a combination of problems:

1) New spawns are, for whatever reason, too inconsistent or slow to let an average player on a non-Nekros frame get enough Life Support drops to survive 10 minutes.

With a little luck they can get by on the large Life Support capsules, but will be living very close to the edge.

2) If life support runs out before the extraction appears, the timer stops permanently.  It will never appear even if they manage to survive on 5hp for 10+ actual minutes.  No extraction will ever be possible, nor will the game tell you this in any way.

3) Survival missions are in the Syndicate Mission rotation, which are a significant part of daily rewards thanks to the lowering of the bonus cap.

As a result we are largely screwed.  It shouldn't be that difficult to accomplish something which is supposed to be daily routine.  (Especially if we're checking every corner for Medallions during those survivals.)

At least one of the above is in error and has to change. If you're not going to spawn enemies faster or drop with higher frequency, you could at least take the step that 1 person uses oxygen more slowly than 4.

So today I tried to solo a survival on Elara - Jupiter to level some gear and farm neural sensors. With me I had weapons easily capable of killing every single Corpus up to level 40. This is the result:

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/44244642102363959/092E2AFF571F597FF2E79460433357A8A711143C/

(That is a direct image link to the online Steam library for screenshots. The forums don't let me post screenshots directly from Steam. Well done.)

As you can see I just ran out of air after 10 minutes. I spent at least 5 of these 10 minutes waiting for enemies to show up. It was just boring. When I remember correctly the patchnotes said that there should be less waiting for enemies and not waaaay more.

Seriously, I can't solo survival anymore. DE please fix.

(That is a direct image link to the online Steam library for screenshots. The forums don't let me post screenshots directly from Steam. Well done.)

happens because there is no image link ...image link end with an image suffix like .jpg .bmp .png etc etc etc ...

happens because there is no image link ...image link end with an image suffix like .jpg .bmp .png etc etc etc ...

I don't even know how Steam did that, but it's the image source and with [.img] it works just fine in post preview. When DE wants screenshots to fix bugs they should at least enable linking Steam screenshots to posts. But that's not the topic.

I went Seimini on Ceres (Dark sector survival) today and almost ran out of life support at the 5 minutes mark. It's everywhere.

I went Seimini on Ceres (Dark sector survival) today and almost ran out of life support at the 5 minutes mark. It's everywhere.

sorry to point out that Siemeni is the defense node :p Gabii is the darksector survival ;)

wait, did you make a [.img] ? because that will not work since the dot must not be in there

Edited by 5h1n0k4m1

• 1 month later...

2) If life support runs out before the extraction appears, the timer stops permanently.  It will never appear even if they manage to survive on 5hp for 10+ actual minutes.  No extraction will ever be possible, nor will the game tell you this in any way.

Can confirm.  Extraction wasn't marked, found it anyway, couldn't extract.

Don't see why Lotus' life support pods should suddenly stop working, or why enemies stop spawning or you can't extract (fail the mission) but at least keep the drops.

Edited by Fifield

Its never a good thing when the developers start to massacre game functionality and fun value in order for the players to get (maybe) less loot and thus spend more real money.
Then again it might be just me seeing ulterior motives everywhere in this corporate lead world....
That being said, i would be much happier if they cut the drop rates in half and doubled spawn rates.
The sheer joy of massacring rooms worth of enemies.

Rant aside:
There is an actual issue with spawn rates on tiles not accessible from several (open) routes.
If you get in a room that is open only from one direction, the spawn rates will start to equal to nothing.
Needs a serious fix.
Its not survival because occasionally you run into an enemy.
The current spawns at places make it look like safari instead. Oh look, we just found an ellusive infested ancient. Those are rare in the warframe safari mode.

What I get really annoyed with is say there's 3% left on LS, and I try to activate a LS, that takes 3-4 seconds, and boom, LS disappears and I have to rush to exit.

Why.....why in the hell do the life support modules disappear? All that should happen is the same thing as when a window is broken; shields slowly drop, then HP and then death.

Give us a chance to get some more LS.

Didn't this used to be different? I distinctly remember that if you ran out of air in some earlier update (I don't do Solo Survival often, sorry, can't remember exactly when) that if you found the Extraction room, it WOULD let you extract. I mean, in-universe wouldn't it make sense?

Didn't this used to be different? I distinctly remember that if you ran out of air in some earlier update (I don't do Solo Survival often, sorry, can't remember exactly when) that if you found the Extraction room, it WOULD let you extract. I mean, in-universe wouldn't it make sense?

I believe, in this instance, they're referring to Alert survivals, where you have to survive for 10 minutes before you can extract, and other rewards are disabled.

Note: Alert/syndicate/invasion survivals have reduced life support drop rates (only for the personal life support from enemies if I recall) with the intent of providing a challenge in achieving those 10 minutes.

Thus, you must remember to state when we're talking about these rather than normal survival.

Also, the extraction issue has been around ever since they made alert survivals 10 minutes. If you run out of Life Support between the 5 minute mark and the 10 minute mark, it will stop the timer, but you won't fail the mission (like happens if you fail before 5 minute mark, in all survivals).