The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do This Game A Favor And....

simeo77

If you don't have anything good to say, don't say it all.... you jerk.

This game is in beta with a bunch of new players coming in and insulting a players style, warframe, or loadout is not the way to promote the game, help it improve, or help the other players. Seriously, when you flat out insult somebody while they're playing the game, do you think you're helping them? Do you think things will grow if you go around saying "This ____ keeps getting in my way." "Hey moron, why don't you stop getting yourself killed." "This banshee........" etc etc.

I've had comments like this said to me and I've seen other players insulted in-game and it is NOT helpful at all. If you want to be a prick why don't you go play WoW.

Here's a few suggestions to say instead: If somebody seems to die a lot say something like, "Hey _____, stay close to the group." Or, "Don't rush the mob" and if somebody has died 4+ times in a map just stop resing him/her. But don't be stupid about it.

If the group wants to go stealth here's the suggestion: Go Private Server and invite your contacts

If somebody has weapons you think "Suck Balls", instead of saying, "Hey, your ______ sucks balls." Say: "What level are your _______?" Then if you have creative advice say something like, "Try adding _______ mod for this map." or "Try upgrading them to (name SIMILAR style weapon here) when you have the credits"

If somebody has a warframe you think is not fit to wipe your ____ with... don't say "Hey your warframe isn't fit to wipe my ____ with" or "Wow, you must be epic because your using the worst frame ever" or "Your frame must be level 20+" Instead... leave the game and never come back because all the frames are more or less equal and just because it's not your playstyle does not mean it, or it's player are below you.

I think that's almost the end of my very edited rant.....

Edit: Just to say where this came from, I've mostly seen other players cutting down another player but I've had off comments said to myself as well. This morning I received my Ash after waiting 3 days for it to be built and started leveling it with some of my low level weapons in Mercury just to start learning the frame. Then I noticed an alert mission in Jupiter and jumped in... not remembering my frame was only level 3. To my benefit I had one of these "pleasurable" players playing in my group. Yea, I died a lot because I only had 1xx health/shields but I didn't D/C because I didn't know who the host was (if I was) and I didn't feel like screwing up somebody's game. Instead of helpful communication I had to deal with a jerk until I finished out the level.

Edited by simeo77

i think people got used to the false politness and get an alergy of some sorts to the blunt truth ...

"we are all winners" , "he tries his best", "bless his heart, look at him die 10 times for no reason" 

P.S. : i wuv hello kitty online 

Edited by ZuryVarkoff

Actually i agree with all your words and i also like the way you say it :) Even though you might get downvoted more, don't worry because some people must learn to be more "flexible"

I wonder if we have met the same ignorant players since I met two guys about week ago, I died first time because I joined the game and in the middle of a mob so they bursted me down before I could say hi and the next time I died second time because of immense lag and then they called me idiot and all sorts of stuff. I tried to reason with them and stayed calm but these guys should have been awarded with a Prick of the Year - Trophy.

Then I brought some humor to the game, if I'm a idiot (a human whose brain can not develop over 6 year olds), how come I can speak English language even though I'm not a native? Am I really a 6 year old human who is super intellect and who knows about stuff that only adults should know? They of course just got more &!$$ed off and started to insult to me but at this point I had made it a joke and a comical match all together so when they started to troll me with the Loki teleport and they said " Auch, I did the same thing in the last part, where there was a elevator and finally rushed towards the end and when they finally got there I said " Auch indeed. "

You guys should have heard their reaction, but back to the topic. It is great that the amount of d*ucheb*gs in this game is very tiny amount of people but i wish we could get rid of these guys all together. Maybe some kind of new terms of service law that you need to be polite and if someone is not, you could report him and DE would do something about it. 

Edited by BETAOPTICS

Calling people pricks probably isn't the best way to make people be nice.

Well I only have called people that name here in the forums, I never say it to them in game obviously and even here on the forums I never mention names so there is no harm done to their part and to be honest, if someone calls you a idiot, I think you have right to call the pricks if you feel that helps you or them by any means but that is just me.

Well I only have called people that name here in the forums, I never say it to them in game obviously and even here on the forums I never mention names so there is no harm done to their part and to be honest, if someone calls you a idiot, I think you have right to call the pricks if you feel that helps you or them by any means but that is just me.

A better solution would be to report someone that's being blatantly hostile instead of responding with more hostility.

People barely speak, and the only negative I ever said in this game is "I wish there was a kick option for that afk Excalibur" when we was doing Xini and an afk Excalibur holed up in a flying dumpster container.

I have, on occassion, said stuff like "Kill the scrubs first (aka weak enemies)" and stuff.

So much stuff.

..I have however also mocked rushers. Cause on several occassions, I (as Rhino) have walked to extraction with data mass while 1-3 rushers where already drinking coffee and making camp fires there. Nothing like mad rushers. God bless them for short tempers.