Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ever Felt Like Trying To Provide Some Feedback... (But Naaaah)

Somedude1000

So, warframe is in beta, we all know this, and that means input and cooperation with the dev team is still needed to finish the game, which is why we have the feedback section

But hey, how many times have you guys felt, like "meh, maybe I shouldn't " and perhaps, instead forget about the issue? 

There could be many reasons for this of course, perhaps you feel like it'll lose relevance quickly and wind up being one of the thousands of threads that have like, 110 views, 2 replies, or maybe you feel like a certain renegade is going to eventually make a thread about it, or perhaps you just lose interest in the topic

Which brings me to my next question, which is, when you elect not to post about an issue, does it really matter? How much of an impact does any individual post make? Is it better to just move on and forget about the flaws since we'd probably never get them all?

What do you think? I'm especially curious about this, as it sorta mirrors the general attitude when it comes to providing meaningful data for decisions to be made on the game

Well if you never try then you'll never know.

Regardless of whether or not your thread takes off just contributing information can be very beneficial. Who knows who will read your thread and become inspired to test/think about/try your suggestions/criticisms.

Basically every thread is important, in my opinion, because it pushes discussion forward, as a whole, like a river of growing information.

There are loads of problems I see and the recurring ones I try and post. 

No success so far tho. Some have no views whatsoever and some have such negative responses from the community that I have to delete them.

(Apparently people love the appalling way Interceptions are exploited and only want to do that to earn exp.)

There are also people who got angry at me for posting bugs just because I was not focusing on the "main" problem which is "Kohm nerf and R5".

So no. If I have to face a community of kids who only play to farm Draco, I will not be posting any feedback. I have a weak character (IRL) and cannot deal with such behaviors without causing me distress and negative physical reactions.

I am even considering not playing Warframe anymore because of it. 

Edited by Elannor

Well if you never try then you'll never know.

Regardless of whether or not your thread takes off just contributing information can be very beneficial. Who knows who will read your thread and become inspired to test/think about/try your suggestions/criticisms.

Basically every thread is important, in my opinion, because it pushes discussion forward, as a whole, like a river of growing information.

So far all the evidence points to trying to make a thread about a current issue resulting in "ugh not another one of these" by the community, I'm usually worried because I feel like posting an idea is going to result in scathing remarks on how we don't need another thread sharing an opinion about an issue before it gets locked for the nonsense / flaming a small minority does in it

There are loads of problems I see and the recurring ones I try and post. 

No success so far tho. Some have no views whatsoever and some have such negative responses from the community that I have to delete them.

(Apparently people love the appalling way Interceptions are exploited and only want to do that to earn exp.)

There are also people who got angry at me for posting bugs just because I was not focusing on the "main" problem which is "Kohm nerf and R5".

So no. If I have to face a community of kids who only play to farm Draco, I will not be posting any feedback. I have a weak character (IRL) and cannot deal with such behaviors without causing me distress and negative physical reactions.

I am even considering not playing Warframe anymore because of it. 

I'd have to agree, it would seem that trying to enagge with thoughtful discussion is extremely hard occasionally

Edited by Somedude1000

I just get apprehensive about sharing my ideas with the community. In general, there is very little I can contribute that has been addressed before, and usually in greater detail.

Have faith mate! I suppose, it doesn't matter that it doesn't matter, sometimes, simply sharing the idea can spark a useful discussion.

There were many times where I wanted to post something but then chose not to. And the reason is simple: too often I see the forum filled with whine threads, or threads demanding DE to do X and Y in a negative manner. You start a thread about something you want to make into a constructive discussion but all you are going to get is one or two replies from people who care and that's about it. People seem to be glued to "troll" or negative stuff because they want to challenge that person's thinking or opinion or simply to "feed the troll". Not all the time, but from what I've seen, it happens rather often. 

I honestly don't care much about the direction of the game at this point. I supported it because I had fun and that was all that mattered. Why do some folks care so much about changing X and Y when others enjoy them is beyond me. Just play and have fun, if you are not having fun then perhaps you should move on to another game. 

I don't play this game very much these days, only when the void trader shows up to get the mods for the most part. The steam is slowly running out for me but I would come back for major content updates though.

There were many times where I wanted to post something but then chose not to. And the reason is simple: too often I see the forum filled with whine threads, or threads demanding DE to do X and Y in a negative manner. You start a thread about something you want to make into a constructive discussion but all you are going to get is one or two replies from people who care and that's about it. People seem to be glued to "troll" or negative stuff because they want to challenge that person's thinking or opinion or simply to "feed the troll". Not all the time, but from what I've seen, it happens rather often. 

I honestly don't care much about the direction of the game at this point. I supported it because I had fun and that was all that mattered. Why do some folks care so much about changing X and Y when others enjoy them is beyond me. Just play and have fun, if you are not having fun then perhaps you should move on to another game. 

I don't play this game very much these days, only when the void trader shows up to get the mods for the most part. The steam is slowly running out for me but I would come back for major content updates though.

I feel like you are not alone in this, many of my clanmates also express a similar pattern of only returning to the game from time to time, abandoning feedback altogether, partly due to the copious grind and RNG they face, and to be honest, I am not sure i can blame them for this

I have no idea whether or not it matters when I post feedback, which I think is a bit of a problem in itself. We don't know if our posts are being read by the right people because the devs are too busy to post and the forums don't have a quick and easy way for them to mark stuff they've read. That's one problem (easy to fix, by the way).

The other problem is that it doesn't matter how great your idea is or how much they say they like it in a devstream, it is still not enough to make it into the game because of priorities we know very little about. It can be very frustrating to put effort into something, to see it being addressed as a "good idea" by the devs during a livestream and to have it never show up in-game. That feels much worse then having 110 views and 2 replies on a thread. At least you can talk to those 2 people and feel like you've accomplished something, or perhaps even make some new friends.

I have no idea whether or not it matters when I post feedback, which I think is a bit of a problem in itself. We don't know if our posts are being read by the right people because the devs are too busy to post and the forums don't have a quick and easy way for them to mark stuff they've read. That's one problem (easy to fix, by the way).

The other problem is that it doesn't matter how great your idea is or how much they say they like it in a devstream, it is still not enough to make it into the game because of priorities we know very little about. It can be very frustrating to put effort into something, to see it being addressed as a "good idea" by the devs during a livestream and to have it never show up in-game. That feels much worse then having 110 views and 2 replies on a thread. At least you can talk to those 2 people and feel like you've accomplished something, or perhaps even make some new friends.

I always do it. But mainly because after several attempts to make some feedback, I came to the conclusion that I suck at it. I've gotten so much negative reception that I ended up not wanting to post feedback, but rather comment on it.

This notion is shared, expressing it though has been a problem

I've wanted to a lot but rarely do. The few times I do I then pretty much ignore the thread because of all the negative comments I'm worried I'll get. Similar to Elannor, irl I'm pretty weak when it comes to criticism of any kind.

I'll throw a pm to a moderator soon, I'll have to ask them whether asking them to completely clear a thread of nonconstructive discussion is something that can be asked for anytime, or if it's a practice best avoided

Mhhh.... I have that "nahhhh maybe not" moment almost every time I make a post^^

I don't make Feedback threads, but I do give a little bit of Feedback if some other Tenno has a popular/ well viewed thread and make some comments here and there.

does it really matter?

No... not really...

The only experience I got when I created a "hey, i have a concept/feedback that I would like to share and discuss" thread is maybe 4 or 5 days attention...

(after this : nothing..) or 4-8 replies from people who agree (and noone wants to start a discussion)

I guess my ideas are kinda accepted, but nothing to good or too controversial..and noone can really start a big discussion.

(If you don't know what I mean just look at this older thread -this is not a "please comment there" advert...I know this thread won't go anywhere because DE already stated that something similar will show up...I just linkd it so you get my problem with creating a discussion.)

Soooo...yea.. I have to agree with SpiritofVengeance

[...]

Same. I have spent 1 entire day typing a concept for new mission types and content and I had to spam facebook groups to get 1 upvote and 3 comments.. in total. Not including the ones that were from my friends.

It may be my fault, I`m not good at advertising and selling myself but I dont think this should be applied to feedback/concepts.