Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Star Chart Incentives, Let's Create Them!

cyrus106

Incentives? How about a new warframe on the boss level of each planet? Back in my day if I wanted a warframe, I looked up where it was on the wiki and made my way there. I don't get why people suddenly don't want to play the game anymore.

You'd first need to have the slots of the said warframe, and consider the said warframe to be better than the ones you already have. 

If its not, and you're not a collector, suddenly you have no reason to bother.

May as well just get a taxi if you really need to go somewhere else

You'd first need to have the slots of the said warframe, and consider the said warframe to be better than the ones you already have. 

If its not, and you're not a collector, suddenly you have no reason to bother.

May as well just get a taxi if you really need to go somewhere else

This is kind of a collector game at the moment.

I agree with (PS4)timbob90210.

I'm also a completionist, so I wanted to make sure I cleared all the nodes on each planet.

If seems like you want a reward for every step you take in a game. Currently, you get Mastery for clearing a node. You get affinity, credits and resources for killing enemies on the mission to clear the node as well.

If you'd rather Taxi to everything, you're just lazy and want to rely on others. That's like saying "Why should I do Void missions when I can just beg others to give me Prime Parts?"

Edited by Lightsmith

This is kind of a collector game at the moment.

I agree with (PS4)timbob90210.

I'm also a completionist, so I wanted to make sure I cleared all the nodes on each planet.

If seems like you want a reward for every step you take in a game. Currently, you get Mastery for clearing a node. You get affinity, credits and resources for killing enemies on the mission to clear the node as well.

If you'd rather Taxi to everything, you're just lazy and want to rely on others. That's like saying "Why should I do Void missions when I can just beg others to give me Prime Parts?"

edit: Realized you may not be directly talking about me, sorry 'bout that.

Did I say I want a reward?  Don't recall. Personally, I just want to clear the chart so I can see all the different tile sets.

I've also only asked for a taxi once. Great way to jump to conclusions out of nowhere.

Just giving my views on why other people might not bother.

The other problem is, it is only a one time incentive. You clear the star chart, you got your frames, and now you don't have much reason to hang around in the star chart. There must be some reason people aren't playing much of the star chart, I'm basically stranded because I don't have the gear to solo the missions I'm at, and I can't find any random squads at them either.

Edited by XRAY0128

It's probably not the best idea, but if you wanted people to actually play through an entire planet's nodes, you could lock the "boss" until the other missions were complete. Many other games use this method of progression, though the ability to "taxi" kind of destroys that.

I'm not sure it's possible to incentivize unlocking a ton of redundant locations.   The problem would be possible to solve if 75% of the locations were formorian'd from space.  Just delete them.  No one would play them after they were unlocked anyway.  That shows how much it's worth incentivizing the unlock.  If it were worth replaying the node, people would unlock it and there would always be someone there for new players to play with.  An unlock incentive will not solve the problem.  75% of the locations will still be empty.

What do all those locations have to do with game play?  Nothing.  That's the problem.  The star chart is a terrible way to choose game play.  It looks pretty but it functions horribly.

Giving players incentives for completing the starchart should (if the starchart was any good) be irrelevant. If it was done right there would be no need; playing through the starchart should be fun and rewarding in and of itself. Adding additional tilesets and mission types is a step in the right direction, but not enough. The spy 2.0 rewards and non-endless t4 keys in interception are also small steps in the right direction. The resource collectors needing every node cleared feels a bit weird, but since Warframe is (at least somewhat) about farming it is a nice addition. I'd only wish that I didn't have to run Archwing missions to get all the nodes. All planets without cells/sensors don't have resources important enough to warrant me playing Archwing. It would be great if they were like the dark sectors.   

Back in the day the starchart not only made more sense (it was MUCH better), but also had a lot less 'filler nodes'. Many of the missions are the same and they get boring quickly. Again, this is something which could be improved with more tilesets and more gametypes. Deleting nodes feels a bit like an easy way out, but is something to be considered. 

Incentives? How about a new warframe on the boss level of each planet? Back in my day if I wanted a warframe, I looked up where it was on the wiki and made my way there. I don't get why people suddenly don't want to play the game anymore.

you are missing the point here, we are talking about rewards for finishing the other nodes. What you are saying is excactly the problem, you just need to finish the boss mission, who cares about the rest. Let's taxi.

And just because you had to look at wiki because the game do a bad job at explaining things to newcomers doesn't mean they have to go through the same thing. 

The idea of reducing the number of nodes should be considered yes, but don't forget the carrot on the stick approach.

Ya there is no incentive for me to want to complete other planets compared to spending my time in the void and running specific alerts / events.

Right now spy missions I really like the redesign, and they are offering a decent reward.

So ya, if they offered a gift basket for finishing a planet that was worth the grind of all the missions then I would definitely do it.

Nightmare mods it's just easier to trade for them.

Forma, potatoes, neurodes, neural sensors, morphics ext, if they offered a fair chunk of them I would be all for completing planets.