Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Voice Chat Issue

Kid-Prodigy

For whatever reason, the quality of the voice chat in this game is absolutely terrible and it seems to only be on my end. I can literally never understand anyone when they talk because it sounds like a really really really low quality radio. I started playing this game with a friend and had to do a steam call since I couldn't understand a word he's saying. I don't have this problem with any other game or even steam calls. My friend sounds crystal clear over steam calls as does other people in other games or steam calls. But with the in game voice chat of this game and this game only, I can't understand anyone. Even with randoms. Any idea what the problem might be or any solutions?

Might be related to the host's internet quality, or whether you are the host or not.

I've noticed a lot of variance as well, mostly low-end, but I'm not sure of the cause.

I use external communication for the people I usually run with too.

I have no idea what it could be. I'm not sure it's my connection since whenever I would play with a friend, it would sound the same whether he was hosting or not. I'll admit though I'm not playing on the fastest internet speed I've ever had before (3-4 Mb/s on speedtest) so maybe that's it? As in Warframe says my speed isn't that fast so they send lower quality audio? Sounds plausible I guess but I do recognize that I seem to be the only one with the problem according to the randoms I play with whenever I join a mission.

• 1 month later...

Hate to necro a topic, but I think I figured out what the problem was. After a certain steam update, my steam and whatever game I was playing would crash every time I tried to broadcast. After a while of searching the cause, I finally found one person with the same problem and apparently it had to do with the computer's audio setting. I had mine set to 24 bit, 44 kHz studio quality instead of the default 16 bit and I was also using a DFX plugin that improves the sound quality (DFX won't go as low as 16 bit though so I had to disable DFX to be able to broadcast) and although I still use DFX as the default audio program and not the original speaker, changing the sound quality to 16 bit on the original speaker seems to have fixed my issue since I noticed immediately after that I could understand people talking in game. Funny though how I only had the issue with Warframe with not being able to understand people but at least it's fixed now.