Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will We Ever Be Able To Purchase Weapon/warframe Slots Without Platinum?

Pianoman7117

i like how you just posted this "how things should be" based on what you want to have and what you don't really want. it's sad and pathetic to charge for cosmetics? ha. it's sad and pathetic to rationalise things like that hiding your true intentions.

No im basing these on what the 90% of the community has said as a whole not just my opinion 

No im basing these on what the 90% of the community has said as a whole not just my opinion 

Good that you know what 90% of the community said...

Must took some time to ask everyone of the community and then, make a statistic and tell us about those 90%....

If you enjoy warframe enough to require more slots for inventory of any sort, then you should be giving the developers of the game some money for their hardwork which you are enjoying.

Good that you know what 90% of the community said...

Must took some time to ask everyone of the community and then, make a statistic and tell us about those 90%....

I must be 10% that he left out when performed the grand slot survey.

I dunno why they need so much money that they cant put slots for credits,they don't even host a dedicated server,we host it each time we make game.
Its just pure greed to force people to buy slots to even try new frames (or i guess once you leveled one to 30 you should just sell it for 25k?)
Just cause its so cheap to buy slots with real money,it should be option for credits,look at frames,they go up to 375 in price and you can still get them,while you cant get something that costs 20? Logic.

With all due respect, sir - this topic, as all similar ones, is just pathetic.

First of all DE gives all new players 50 free Pt to start with so not only you didn't paid them but they atcually paid you (~ $3,3). Closed beta players gained additional 100 Pt. Is it so hard to return the favor?

Secondly for $5 you get enough Pt to buy 2 frame slots and 2 weapon slots. Thats really player friendly and kind marketing model. In most cases fore lowest charge you get ALMOST enough premium currency to buy anything worthy.

First of all DE gives all new players 50 free Pt to start with so not only you didn't paid them but they atcually paid you (~ $3,3). Closed beta players gained additional 100 Pt. Is it so hard to return the favor?

Secondly for $5 you get enough Pt to buy 2 frame slots and 2 weapon slots. Thats really player friendly and kind marketing model. In most cases fore lowest charge you get ALMOST enough premium currency to buy anything worthy.

Be as it may,some people don't have ways to pay (regardless if they have money or not)

For a game thats based on WARFRAMES, 2 slots just isn't going to cut it in future updates,forcing a new player to choose 2 out of 20 frames or to pay for it is not friendly model at all.

Friendly model is to put skins,colors and vanity items as cash shop for convenience.

Secondly for $5 you get enough Pt to buy 2 frame slots and 2 weapon slots. Thats really player friendly and kind marketing model. In most cases fore lowest charge you get ALMOST enough premium currency to buy anything

2 warframes and 2 weapon slots...and then what? You realize how fast those slots would fill up, then what? you're being FORCED to buy more just to even continue progressing into the game, you literally cannot further progress without a ridiculous amount of pointless grinding unless you buy platinum and that is BAD

2 warframes and 2 weapon slots...and then what? You realize how fast those slots would fill up, then what? you're being FORCED to buy more just to even continue progressing into the game, you literally cannot further progress without a ridiculous amount of pointless grinding unless you buy platinum and that is BAD

Like someone said earlier, you find what warframe suits you the best. Right now what I have going is a lvl 30 mag with two temp warframe slots (warframes that I'll try out and if I like them better than my mag, i will replace) and 4 extra weapon slots. With this setup I have tried many weapons and just sold the ones I didn't like. What people always try and do with these games is be the one man army that has an entire collection at their disposal that are suited for different missions. However, this is a team game much like Left 4 Dead, and everyone has their role. Just pick a playstyle that suits you, and then go with it. They are already letting us get P2P items with blueprints... (ooh, a blueprint for another warframe slot lololol jk)

Be as it may,some people don't have ways to pay (regardless if they have money or not)

For a game thats based on WARFRAMES, 2 slots just isn't going to cut it in future updates,forcing a new player to choose 2 out of 20 frames or to pay for it is not friendly model at all.

Friendly model is to put skins,colors and vanity items as cash shop for convenience.

You are not limited to two Warframes. You can play all the Warframes, you just can't have them all at the same time. Why do you feel the urge to have them all?

For someone to want more slots would mean that they play the game often and enjoy it; is that not reason to spend five dollars on something you didn't pay for to begin with? I like pie but I don't expect to get it for free and only pay if I want a decorative tin.

Edited by BlastGoggles

Bro....Pay the company $5. The devs cant feed their family on "credits"

These replies are best replies. $5, just 5 flippin' dollars. I guarantee people blow more than that everyday on something else they think they need. Don't buy a latte, I'd say don't buy a pack of smokes but I just kicked that monkey off my back I know that isn't an option sometimes, no sixpack tonight, you don't need the 12 pack of mountain dew. Seriously guys. Every single day we all buy some stupid crap we don't have to but we do because we want it. You want the spaces so bad just spend the $5. In all honesty these guys work for DE so I'm sure they get paid a regular salary, BUT if this game doesn't make any money people higher up are not going to waste talent and time on it and it'll stop getting regular updates and support. Aside from that lets see if the Mastery = slots comes around.

And If you can't afford to do that, sell your computer, turn off your cell phone, get a cheap house phone and now you have 100-250 more dollars in your life easily,

I mean seriously. if you are that tight on money I would pray for you if I believed it would help. Take care of yourself. If thats the best you have in life get something better going . Do what you can to make your life better, and then, when all is acceptable and you can eat what you would like more days than not, then come back to the game. It will still be here, We promise.

Edited by crow-k

Lost cause, some things never get fixed. I'm tired of people telling me to skip a sandwich or mow lawns, and I'm tired of people constantly skirting around the actual point - SLOTS ARE BADLY IMPLEMENTED. Selling something that you've spent time and a potato on for something you don't know if you'll like is bad. It defeats the point of buying potatoes if they're going to vanish when you try out something new. The same applies to skins that you buy with platinum.

The only reason I still play is because of all those free slots I got for the big screwup with the mod system. Slots will always be a black mark on warframe's future because they defeat the point of buying anything else.

Edited by Crossflip

I can understand that someone don't have sufficient income to buy Pt but what I do not understand is why this very same person want to take away source of income from game devs... That's a lot of hypocrisy and egoism.
Especially that DE hands you all frames, weapons, mods, heck even cosmetics like weapon skins and alt helmets for free. They don't force you to buy slots - you can always sell old staff to make room OR buy more slots. You have a choice and life is about choices.

On the other hand unlocking a few additional slots as ranks rewards seems absolutely fair and logical. It's a limited way to reward time and effort we invest in game with opportunity to invest even more time and effort. Any unlimited option like credits or alert rewards could quickly slip out of control.

Edited by xGryphus

Selling something that you've spent time and a potato on for something you don't know if you'll like is bad. It defeats the point of buying potatoes if they're going to vanish when you try out something new. The same applies to skins that you buy with platinum.

The only reason I still play is because of all those free slots I got for the big screwup with the mod system. Slots will always be a black mark on warframe's future because they defeat the point of buying anything else.

You have two Warframe slots. You can always keep a Warframe that you like and get a new one to try out. You just can't keep two that you like and test a new one.

Like someone said earlier, you find what warframe suits you the best. Right now what I have going is a lvl 30 mag with two temp warframe slots (warframes that I'll try out and if I like them better than my mag, i will replace) and 4 extra weapon slots. With this setup I have tried many weapons and just sold the ones I didn't like. What people always try and do with these games is be the one man army that has an entire collection at their disposal that are suited for different missions. However, this is a team game much like Left 4 Dead, and everyone has their role. Just pick a playstyle that suits you, and then go with it. They are already letting us get P2P items with blueprints... (ooh, a blueprint for another warframe slot lololol jk)

Which warframe suits me best..and then what? what is there left to do in the game? nothing.

Lost cause, some things never get fixed. I'm tired of people telling me to skip a sandwich or mow lawns, and I'm tired of people constantly skirting around the actual point - SLOTS ARE BADLY IMPLEMENTED. Selling something that you've spent time and a potato on for something you don't know if you'll like is bad. It defeats the point of buying potatoes if they're going to vanish when you try out something new. The same applies to skins that you buy with platinum.

sick of people saying just spend $5 because that's avoiding the actual problem, and here is exactly why.

The Devs know about thie problem with slots, and have plans on how to fix it. But this is beta, they are working on a lot of things, clans at the moment are their top priority. It will be a while before they fix it, until then suggestions on how to improve it are a good idea. However making suggestions that have not already been suggested is a better idea, if at all possible.