Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Augments For Sentinels And Kubrows?

Rhaenxys

Augment for Wyrm, knocks enemies away into other enemies ragdolling both of them! also doing significant damage!

Augment for shade, After performing an action that would decloak you (even leaving stealth radius) you remain invisible for 8 seconds.

Augment for dethcube, LASER MOAR PEOPLE AT ONCE

Augment for scanny mcantremembername, Scanned units will be vulnerable to attack and take 23% more damage. if there's noone new to scan, Scanny will just "mark" someone free of cost!

Edited by KittyDarkling

Augment for Wyrm, knocks enemies away into other enemies ragdolling both of them! also doing significant damage!

Augment for shade, After performing an action that would decloak you (even leaving stealth radius) you remain invisible for 8 seconds.

I think the better augment for shade would be health recovery. For example. As long as you under the cloack you recover 50 HP every 3 seconds. This actually would make shade useful

It's true that each warframe already has 2 ability augment mods each totaling 44.  However, DE has opened a can of worms and released both sets of augment mods rather back-to-back.  This "momentum," so to speak, encourages the release of more augment mods.  However, to release a third augment mod for each warframe begs a fourth augment mod to be released as well but I'm sure many of us can see that this would be unreasonable.  This leaves DE with a couple of options.  They could release augment mods for abilities that already have an augment and force players to choose one augment per ability.  Or, they could release augment mods for companions.... and archwings, of course.

There are 6 sentinels and 6 syndicates so that would be very easy for DE to assign an augment mod to each syndicate.  They could also add a whole new ability (precept) instead/in addition.

There are 4 kubrow types (so far...).  If DE wanted to include kubrow augment mods, I believe that each syndicate would have to represent two different types of kubrow.  There are 6 different combinations that can be made by choosing 2 of the 4 kubrow.  This way, each syndicate could have a unique combination of 2 kubrow types' augment mods.  Of course, you could have 2 augment mods per kubrow and this would still work.

So, DE can, with some ease, implement augment mods for each companion via the syndicates.  It's simply a matter of creating the ideas, implementing them in game (which may be difficult), and releasing them.  So, some ideas:

Raksa kubrow: Protect restores shields to all allies within a certain radius.  Or, Protect restores shields and an equivalent amount of health.  Or, Protect can contribute to overshields!  Howl rallies allies increasing damage (or allied kubrows' damage).

Huras kubrow:  Stalk can activate enemy radar (dog's sense of smell reveals enemy locations, basically) for the duration of invisibility.  Hunt enhances allied kubrows' instincts improving their evasiveness causing enemies' attacks to land less frequently.

Sahasha kubrow:  Dig kubrow fetches loot from a large area and brings to master.  Defeating an enemy with Ferocity will cause the enemy to have two chances to drop loot (much like slash damage with Nekros' Desecrate).

Sunika kubrow:  Defeating a VIP with Unleashed increases all allied kubrows' movement and attack speed by up to x% (say 50%) for the remainder of the mission (does stack additively for a total bonus of 100%; you only have at most 2 VIP per mission, afterall).  Savagery grants invincibility to kubrow during ability and x seconds afterwards (3-5 seconds?  Perhaps for half the cooldown time of Savagery).

It seems that I became fond of one augment mod having a positive affect for allied kubrow as opposed to the warframes.  Doesn't seem like such a bad idea, though.  Although I'm having trouble changing the Sahasha kubrow's augment ideas in order to incorporate this trend.  I really like them as is.  Anyhow, I don't have time to come up with more/better ideas for the kubrow nor do I have time to come up with ideas for sentinels.  Perhaps I'll come back and add them in.