Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Properly Defend Corpus Bridge Defense Level

MabsWinterKnight

Question

So, the corpus Bridge defense level. If the Cryopod spawns in the corner, it is possible for one person with a high-level machinegun (like the Boltor) to hold the bridge without the stairs by themselves. They just stand there, scope in, and hold down the trigger as long as the mobs keep coming.

However, this requires teamwork to successfully execute, because if one player runs onto the bridge or onto the other side of the bridge, the mobs will aggro onto him and will not enter the killzone properly. Additionally, if someone doesn't kill the mobs coming in off the sides and back of the cryopod area, they will get behind the bridge-holder and disrupt him, either by stun-locking or killing him.

So, in the future, if you're playing a corpus bridge defense level, and one of your teammates starts shouting, "GET OFF THE @(*()$ BRIDGE" into the chat, GET OFF THE @(*()$ BRIDGE. That is not your job; go do your job while he does his. If he has to stop killing mobs on the bridge to kill Shockwave or Railgun MOAs that snuck up behind him, or Sniper Crewmen that are just sitting there taking potshots at him totally unmolested, you have failed your job.

12 answers to this question

I think the bridge level is the easiest by far to defend. Just have two people take each side. One will be the vanguard and one stays closer to the cryopod as the rear guard.

Is there any useful strategy for the Ruins corpus level or the factory corpus level?

So, the corpus Bridge defense level. If the Cryopod spawns in the corner, it is possible for one person with a high-level machinegun (like the Boltor) to hold the bridge without the stairs by themselves. They just stand there, scope in, and hold down the trigger as long as the mobs keep coming.

However, this requires teamwork to successfully execute, because if one player runs onto the bridge or onto the other side of the bridge, the mobs will aggro onto him and will not enter the killzone properly. Additionally, if someone doesn't kill the mobs coming in off the sides and back of the cryopod area, they will get behind the bridge-holder and disrupt him, either by stun-locking or killing him.

So, in the future, if you're playing a corpus bridge defense level, and one of your teammates starts shouting, "GET OFF THE @(*()$ BRIDGE" into the chat, GET OFF THE @(*()$ BRIDGE. That is not your job; go do your job while he does his. If he has to stop killing mobs on the bridge to kill Shockwave or Railgun MOAs that snuck up behind him, or Sniper Crewmen that are just sitting there taking potshots at him totally unmolested, you have failed your job.

So why didn't you (I'm assuming it's you, rather than "your friend" or whatever) just turn around and cover the sides and back yourself?  If there's someone on the bridge and he's got it, instead of trying to make him move into another position, just cover another angle yourself.  

And if he can't cover it, well... he'll die.  And you'll have line of sight again.  

Edited by LazyTemplar

So why didn't you (I'm assuming it's you, rather than "your friend" or whatever) just turn around and cover the sides and back yourself?  If there's someone on the bridge and he's got it, instead of trying to make him move into another position, just cover another angle yourself.  

And if he can't cover it, well... he'll die.  And you'll have line of sight again.  

Because he'll just revive and run back out again. Besides, it's much less efficient for me to do that; I'll start running out of ammo if I try.

....I could probably make shorter work of that mob with an ultimate than you can with your boltor. Why should I stand there and do nothing?

I doubt that, given the charnelhouse that that bridge turns into when I have team-mates that aren't idiots. Don't underestimate how powerful a Level 30 supercharged Boltor is. Besides, you can just guard the other bridge.

Because he'll just revive and run back out again. Besides, it's much less efficient for me to do that; I'll start running out of ammo if I try.

I doubt that, given the charnelhouse that that bridge turns into when I have team-mates that aren't idiots. Don't underestimate how powerful a Level 30 supercharged Boltor is. Besides, you can just guard the other bridge.

So everyone should cater exactly to how YOU play. 

Similarly, don't underestimate a supercharged level 30 Saryn, I can do this: space 2 w 4 and everything just dies in 2 seconds! Amazing isn't it? 2.gif

Honestly, tell them politely in chat that you have this area covered, and if they could guard the other bridge. I don't see what *@##$ing on the forums would get other than trolls seeing your name and standing in front of you on purpose...

Edited by CloudPies

Labeled screenshots are very helpful to get your point across

Also, speaking that way here on this forum is one thing but speaking that way to a teammate while mid-match is a good way to trigger an ego response instead of a logical one.

Meh i use rhino i just stand there with my dark sword one hit every thing pop rhino skin wen low shield and keep standing still( yeah i dont move they get close to me) hit them if they get close im pretty much a bouncer(i have team energy regen so i can use my rhnio skin wen ever i want, so back to topic make sure you have a rhino and you can have rest cover every where else 

Meh i use rhino i just stand there with my dark sword one hit every thing pop rhino skin wen low shield and keep standing still( yeah i dont move they get close to me) hit them if they get close im pretty much a bouncer(i have team energy regen so i can use my rhnio skin wen ever i want, so back to topic make sure you have a rhino and you can have rest cover every where else 

I want your IGN

give you $5~~

I sympathise with the OP. I like to hold a choke point with my maxed Rhino+Hek, going munty with the Fragor when they get close- and occasionally, some ADHD type sees all the kills I'm getting and tries to get himself a piece of the action. Obviously, this screws everything up, scattering mobs all over, and our combined kill rate is lower that mine was alone, and the cryopod becomes threatened.

Generally, though, gently saying "Loki, f**k off back to the other side, please, you're screwing up my choke point" does the trick. Most people react sensibly once they realise what you're doing, and co-operate cheerfully. This is great, as the other three players can usually hold the other side quite nicely without help, after that.

I'm guessing everyone wants to get a lot of kills playing this game. 

Who wants to log in and just look at cryopod for extended periods of time killing 3~5 stragglers per wave?

That's why people like OP or people described by OP exist. Just let them have a turn at defending the bridge/ramp/spawn area. If they can't manage it, hopefully they will understand that and back up.

Also,if you're really "good" then you should be the one watching the cryopod or being the backup. 

Bad/low level player might have trouble dealing with shockwave moas or grineer heavy gunner or ancients. But pros like yourselves would scoff at such minute threat.