Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defense Mission Majority Rules!

deathscion

Here is my opinion for defense missions. Make it majority rules meaning if 3 out of 4 vote to stay the WHOLE group stays. I'm personally getting annoyed at people who join a defense mission and bail out at wave 5 and leave the group to fend for themselves on harder waves minus one member. Defense missions are a group effort and the current setup rewards players who "screw" the team by giving them a win for the mission while many times the rest of the group fails due to that person bailing. Everyone in these missions joined them on their own free will and if one person wants to leave the team, great! Give them a fail and no rewards. That is exactly what they are doing to the rest of their squad. 

No. You are putting restrictions on people who join  public game. You need to make private games if you want to be sure you can go past wave 5. I understand your frustration, but you need to come up with another way. You never want to use force.

One person affecting the game play of three is ok, yet the other way around is restrictive? I have never seen the game add another player after the first five waves so there is no replacing the one person who leaves. Hell if they even left squad chat up while the votes are going that would be a step up so people can talk and plan for additional waves if need be. Instead we see three people vote to stay and at the last second one leaves. How is that in any way right? A lot of times we are too busy killing to carry on active conversation during defense.

Edited by deathscion

One person affecting the game play of three is ok, yet the other way around is restrictive? I have never seen the game add another player after the first five waves so there is no replacing the one person who leaves. Hell if they even left squad chat up while the votes are going that would be a step up so people can talk and plan for additional waves if need be. Instead we see three people vote to stay and at the last second one leaves. How is that in any way right? A lot of times we are too busy killing to carry on active conversation during defense.

A bit more time between the rounds to do some chatting instead of mod and ammo hunting only would be nice to have indeed.

Its not to say that it is a great deal to get someone who leaves before then, but you do that crap and all you will get (or should i say if DE took your advice) all it would cause is irritation for the rest of the world. As it stands now, we play when and how we wish to play. If you want required time allotments form your own, plenty of people farm higher level for fun. Try to find them as oppossed to making others stick around if they do not want to. Also, what if the award is something they need/want? That would be even worse. Or Maybe its dinner time ? Etc. you get the point. I think.

you cant forget that maybe their out of ammo .. any way you look at it you dont know the reason and for all you know 1 of the four people were undecided which is why the voted to stay since they saw 2 people vote to do so. i agree that it is a bad idea to force anyone to stay also haven't you noticed the mob levels goes down if someone leaves

If the group can't survive when that one person leaves it means he was carrying you guys and you probably should'nt be farming there anyway. The only thing I'll agree with in regards to this is people who choose continue on and then with 1 second remaining go to claim.

I also vote no on this. Here's my reasoning. If i join a public game and everyone wants to bail at wave 5 or 10 i have no problem continuing on to 25 or 30 by myself and 35+ with a group and I should not be forced to exit just because someone else doesn't have the backbone to go further. It's also unfair to make someone stay who legitimately has to bail because life happens. Current defense setup is fine. You can keep going if you want or leave if you want without impeding others. play in private mode with if you want better control over the entire group.

Totally against it. I often leave after 5 or 10 waves even if the others continue because simply I have to go afk or other reasons.

Defense missions are a group effort and the current setup rewards players who "screw" the team by giving them a win for the mission while many times the rest of the group fails due to that person bailing.

Sorry, but why don't you click exit if you know you can't carry yourself/know your squad is weak? You fail because ONE person bails? Level up your stuff then and carry yourself.  Or ask in global chat if someone wants to go +xx waves like most other people do....it's not hard to find a squad that wants to do high waves.

Lvl 30 potatoed Ash/Mag frames latron/akbolto/and DHS. I nearly always have the tops in dmg and kills. That means nothing when you lose a valuable player in a defense mission. In later waves sheer enemy numbers will often just overrun a group that loses one by rushing the artifact. Like i said I wouldn't mind nearly as much if there was a minute of downtime after the final kill of an end wave so players can gather up any mods that may have dropped and talk as a team about going or staying.

Just put your question suggestion in the LIVE FEED list and let this thread die. That way DE can tell you no and we can get on with the more fun threads.

This is a forum for feedback on the game which is what I gave. You don't like it, tough. That's why this forum exists. I don't see a moderator tag above your name there so stop acting like the thread police. You want the thread to die stop trolling it. I am entitled to my opinion just as you are entitled to yours. Either the community agrees with feedback or they don't. It doesn't mean you have to be a tool about it.

No, there is no down ranking spot so i am telling you directly if you want to complain to complain by all means continue, your opinion is your, mine is that you have a chance to ask the question and find out. So ask it. Ask it where they can tell you its not in line with what they want from the game. Ask it as a poll of the community and find out they do not want that. Myself and others have posted helpful directions to help you achieve your primary goal of getting further, If you refuse common sense and you refuse a chance for a real answer, since i have no rank down for you I have this explanation as to your failures. I wish you the best and good luck.

The best idea that came out of this thread is now on the live feed list. I did not know that existed, so thank you for that. I posted my response to you because in my opinion your comment came off as rude and ignorant.