Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trypophobia Issue

ImFabuIous

So, honestly I'm not joking, but does anyone else has issues with trypophobia in the infestation levels? I get extremely uneasy feelings when I look at the weird infestation things on the walls. Would it be possible to have an option to turn them off?  

The infestation spore thingies give me the creeps too! But, I feel its all the more reason to help eradicate the infestation with a heavy handed fist!

yikes do *not* search Trypophobia on the internets! I have that fear now =(

I dont think that the majority should beind in front of the will of a minority. Especially in cases like this that are not game breaking or anything. Sure it's unfortunate for you but people have phobias towards pretty much everything, we can't have options to turn off everything. At least infested aren't on all the maps, if they were that'd be a different case completely

So, honestly I'm not joking, but does anyone else has issues with trypophobia in the infestation levels? I get extremely uneasy feelings when I look at the weird infestation things on the walls. Would it be possible to have an option to turn them off?  

I can understand that, its best not to run infested areas because you will get that sense of looking at the infested the same way. It wouldn't be easy to say that this game is right for those who haven't train themselves to stomach the graphic feel of unnatural designs but I assure you, that the goriness of this game is not for the weak stomach. Also it might have some explicit content to if you consider people wearing spandex explicit.  

Searched trypophobia .Not sleeping tonight

Trypophobia is the fear of repeating patterns from what i can tell.There,now you dont have to search it up(unless you already did)

Edited by Towermice

Why did I google it? Why oh why? 

*rocks back and forth curled up in the foetal position*

Edit:

I'll never look at infested maps the same way again.

Edited by r3drox

If you are really not joking, then I will put up what I think is my best effort answer. I do not have trypophobia, but I do have other conditions that are not really "curable". The long, long time of repeated treatment, medical advice simply comes to this: we need to manage our own conditions. For example, if we know that we are allergic to something, we have to take extra care to avoid the allergen. If our current life style/ environment is causing problems, then we have to try to take effort to workaround or at least to lessen the impact.

So my best-effort advice to people who problems that impairs their ability to play certain games, try other games which do no have the problem. Even if it is the best game in the world, is your own health condition worth it?

Searched trypophobia .Not sleeping tonight

Trypophobia is the fear of repeating patterns from what i can tell.There,now you dont have to search it up(unless you already did)

Your correct but this instants pretain to a certain pattern you might have to re-read the post

Apparently not everyone who reply to this post are considered Kings men. LOL 

And all the peasant farmers reported missing at work because they called in sick thinking they can slip by.

Edited by timster7

Trypophobia is one of those irrational fears that I'll never understand, I suppose.  Did some quick research on it after seeing all the reactions to it, to no effect.

So, sorry to hear about your phobia.  Hopefully playing as a space ninja in this game will help you overcome it.

Trypophobia is one of those irrational fears that I'll never understand, I suppose.  Did some quick research on it after seeing all the reactions to it, to no effect.

So, sorry to hear about your phobia.  Hopefully playing as a space ninja in this game will help you overcome it.

Its complicated and quite rational, nothing to go into details about its just intuition on the concept of understand the existence of the terminology. 

Its complicated and quite rational, 

It's a fear of holes that has so far yet to be officially accepted by the scientific and medicinal community; an irrational phobia is fearing something even when you know whatever you fear isn't dangerous.

It's a fear of holes that has so far yet to be officially accepted by the scientific and medicinal community; an irrational phobia is fearing something even when you know whatever you fear isn't dangerous.

Everyone has a form of understanding what dangerous is but, in the democracy you couldn't speak for everyone here. I could see why it isn't adapted in the medical community because of exploitation and capitalizing on a physiological state of mind of being, As if it gave another reason to give pharmecuticals more ideas to make money off to maintain there existences with a limit of resources on this planet which proves to be endless with names atm. Which is competitive pricing on medicine and dopers which do the same thing but have different measurements just different names and competitors. 

Its not complex to understand the idea but I assure you its real.    

Edited by timster7

You're playing a game where the Lotus is a recurring theme, and could likely occur as a visual reference. It's funny because most "Trypophobia" photos I found, although creepy are just Photochopped images of Lotus seed pods onto people's body parts.

You don't see this in real life so it's kind of odd and freaky because the "wounds" are unusual, not really because it's holes.

Take a look at Rotten.com sometime if you want real, non-chopped (i pun) wound images.

I don't actually see how the infected growth trips up a fear of holes, as they are protuberances, but maybe you should generally play another game, or try not to play infested levels.

BTW Rotten.com is NSFW.

Edited by hywod

Wow, cmon people that's pretty damn irrational, its a video game. Some games give me nightmares because of stuff in them. But i realize its a game and in no way, shape or form could it hurt me.

Im sorry you cant play the game, but cmon this stuff is in a lot of games. You should kinda adjust to it or leave game. Harsh i know but someone already said a game aint worth your mental health.