Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Titan! ...still With Only One Warframe

MinsctheTitan

I enjoy this game very much, and I came to the forums to find others to talk with about the game and hopefully play with. I have not met any toxic players, which in online games I always meet at least one. I've met team players mostly, though I noticed a lack of use for stealth. I am still using Excalibur, but I enjoy my handy Dual Skana, MK-I Paris and MK-I Kunai. They are fun to use, and quite deadly. I'm looking to replace my primary with one of the other bows, but I was wondering if there were any other primaries that are fun to use? I remember before i forgot the password to my original account/forgot the email, I used the Braton and it was a bit boring. The Aklatos were cool, because akimbo pistols. 

Also, is there ANY game with movement quite like Warframe? I may only have one warframe and have never dropped a penny, but this game doesn't need you to buy stuff to enjoy it. I just wish they had more quests and a story that was more in tune with the missions right from the start. Not sure about later on, only Mastery level 3 and 32 hours in. I had a lot more before, on the old account but back then I never made progress. I may buy some aesthetic stuff, mostly color palettes, are they worth a buy? Also, I miss my Loki t.t. I was told he was not noob-friendly by a friend, I think back when I used him he was waaayy too easy to use and waaay too strong.

I enjoy this game very much, and I came to the forums to find others to talk with about the game and hopefully play with. I have not met any toxic players, which in online games I always meet at least one. I've met team players mostly, though I noticed a lack of use for stealth. I am still using Excalibur, but I enjoy my handy Dual Skana, MK-I Paris and MK-I Kunai. They are fun to use, and quite deadly. I'm looking to replace my primary with one of the other bows, but I was wondering if there were any other primaries that are fun to use? I remember before i forgot the password to my original account/forgot the email, I used the Braton and it was a bit boring. The Aklatos were cool, because akimbo pistols. 

Also, is there ANY game with movement quite like Warframe? I may only have one warframe and have never dropped a penny, but this game doesn't need you to buy stuff to enjoy it. I just wish they had more quests and a story that was more in tune with the missions right from the start. Not sure about later on, only Mastery level 3 and 32 hours in. I had a lot more before, on the old account but back then I never made progress. I may buy some aesthetic stuff, mostly color palettes, are they worth a buy? Also, I miss my Loki t.t. I was told he was not noob-friendly by a friend, I think back when I used him he was waaayy too easy to use and waaay too strong.

All in due time, my friend. Warframe is in open beta and is constantly updating every week. I recommend trying Loki out, but roll with a team. Loki has very low defenses, so you'll need to rely on Decoy, Invisibility, and Radial Disarm. It is a good idea to find a good clan with friendly people that are willing to help, as most veterans are. Loki parts drop from the Hyena Pack in Neptune. If you're looking for a good bow, try out the regular Paris, and eventually the Paris Prime (from The Void) and the Dread (drops from ???, I'll let you find out what that is). Other good primaries would the Grakata or Vectis, it's up to you to decide on your preferred playstyle. 

TL;DR: Join a clan with players that are either fellow newcomers and/or veterans that can help. I offer my clan, if you want.

Good luck!

All in due time, my friend. Warframe is in open beta and is constantly updating every week. I recommend trying Loki out, but roll with a team. Loki has very low defenses, so you'll need to rely on Decoy, Invisibility, and Radial Disarm. It is a good idea to find a good clan with friendly people that are willing to help, as most veterans are. Loki parts drop from the Hyena Pack in Neptune. If you're looking for a good bow, try out the regular Paris, and eventually the Paris Prime (from The Void) and the Dread (drops from ???, I'll let you find out what that is). Other good primaries would the Grakata or Vectis, it's up to you to decide on your preferred playstyle. 

TL;DR: Join a clan with players that are either fellow newcomers and/or veterans that can help. I offer my clan, if you want.

Good luck!

Awesome! Since I'm not tied to anyone, really, I wouldn't mind joining your clan. I need something to help put my foot in the door of discovering what more this game has to offer. I've noticed that the repetitiveness isn't really that bad once you get farther in, as some maps are beautiful or just plain interesting. I like the bows, and I'll definitely try to shoot for the better primaries. I'm more of a heavy-hitter one hit at a time than over time. I am still in the illusion that I am deadly using melee, but I something will kick that naivety in the butt!  I liked the fluid movements of wiping through enemies with my melee. But otherwise, it's hard to believe it's beta. It's a great game, and I can't wait to see what more they can do with it! I wish they didn't lock colors behind platinum though :/. I like the holiday colors, however. The more people who are willing to communicate WHILE playing, the better! 

If you are going for bows I would recommend Paris, as long as you don't fight Corpus most of the time, then Cernos would probably be better. Fun weapons would in my mind include Sobek, it's quite powerful and cool to boot, but the Hek is quite fun if you can stomach powerful but slow shotguns. The Karak is a very good middle-tier assault rifle that will last you until end-game and is more viable than the Braton.

If you are going for bows I would recommend Paris, as long as you don't fight Corpus most of the time, then Cernos would probably be better. Fun weapons would in my mind include Sobek, it's quite powerful and cool to boot, but the Hek is quite fun if you can stomach powerful but slow shotguns. The Karak is a very good middle-tier assault rifle that will last you until end-game and is more viable than the Braton.

I noticed, Corpus are a PAIN when I try using the Paris. Might as well have both eventually. Switch 'em out whenever I need to. But, ah, I lack the resources for now. The Hek sounds like one of the rag-dolling kind of shotguns, lol. But I also am more into how they feel during gameplay. Generic assault rifles aren't fun, but if they look cool and they are fun to use, there won't be that much of a problem right? I mean, I noticed you don't NEED the best weapons in order to function and maintain fun. Warframe seems to currently be fluid about what you really need in combat. 

I noticed, Corpus are a PAIN when I try using the Paris. Might as well have both eventually. Switch 'em out whenever I need to. But, ah, I lack the resources for now. The Hek sounds like one of the rag-dolling kind of shotguns, lol. But I also am more into how they feel during gameplay. Generic assault rifles aren't fun, but if they look cool and they are fun to use, there won't be that much of a problem right? I mean, I noticed you don't NEED the best weapons in order to function and maintain fun. Warframe seems to currently be fluid about what you really need in combat. 

That is true, even when diving into the void I usually carry as much casual equipment that I can because using the best all the time is so incredibly boring. This usually means using a fun primary, a cool melee weapon and The Grim Reaper itself, Synoid Gammacor, to carry me through everything.

My favorite weapon btw is Gram, which is often overlooked by the rest of the community but I have had it for almost as long as I've played and it has been a loyal companion even after it stopped being able to charge attacks.

Awesome! Since I'm not tied to anyone, really, I wouldn't mind joining your clan. I need something to help put my foot in the door of discovering what more this game has to offer. I've noticed that the repetitiveness isn't really that bad once you get farther in, as some maps are beautiful or just plain interesting. I like the bows, and I'll definitely try to shoot for the better primaries. I'm more of a heavy-hitter one hit at a time than over time. I am still in the illusion that I am deadly using melee, but I something will kick that naivety in the butt!  I liked the fluid movements of wiping through enemies with my melee. But otherwise, it's hard to believe it's beta. It's a great game, and I can't wait to see what more they can do with it! I wish they didn't lock colors behind platinum though :/. I like the holiday colors, however. The more people who are willing to communicate WHILE playing, the better! 

Cool! I'll invite you whenever I get on Warframe. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or need tips before I do so.

That is true, even when diving into the void I usually carry as much casual equipment that I can because using the best all the time is so incredibly boring. This usually means using a fun primary, a cool melee weapon and The Grim Reaper itself, Synoid Gammacor, to carry me through everything.

My favorite weapon btw is Gram, which is often overlooked by the rest of the community but I have had it for almost as long as I've played and it has been a loyal companion even after it stopped being able to charge attacks.

So 2/3 for fun, and the other one for when you need to start doing damage? Sounds about right. While they are probably not the best, I love my dual skana! They are fun to use, especially when I'm spin-sliding around and hacking grineer in half. Corpus can't really last against my blades either. I don't remember what mods I have on them, but I do know I have the one (forgot its name, I don't memorize them) that doubles the damage. I wish I had a glaive, they look like they are fun to use. 

Cool! I'll invite you whenever I get on Warframe. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or need tips before I do so.

Awesome! I'll make sure to keep in touch if I have questions. 

Yea its not much of a stealth game, and the story is still in works. also its a beta so expect much to change as the game grows. WELCOME TO THE PLACE WHERE WE CALL OURSELVES NINJAS YET USE BAZOOKAS. 

This made me chuckle, but I still manage to use stealth. It's difficult, and imperfect. I wish for stealth, we could more effectively go MGS-style and use cover and have more alternate paths, but these aren't a detriment to not have. Still, we are ninjas. With shotguns. With Bazookas. WITH A GIANT AXE! Although, it manages to still be an awesome thrill ride, even if it's more Ninja Gaiden over Tenchu.

This made me chuckle, but I still manage to use stealth. It's difficult, and imperfect. I wish for stealth, we could more effectively go MGS-style and use cover and have more alternate paths, but these aren't a detriment to not have. Still, we are ninjas. With shotguns. With Bazookas. WITH A GIANT AXE! Although, it manages to still be an awesome thrill ride, even if it's more Ninja Gaiden over Tenchu.

They are, in fact, working on Stealth 2.0, as well as Parkour 2.0. They have devstreams every other Friday, if I recall correctly. 

They are, in fact, working on Stealth 2.0, as well as Parkour 2.0. They have devstreams every other Friday, if I recall correctly. 

I can't WAIT to see how parkour 2.0 is! I wonder how long it will take, as for stealth I do hope they improve it for the spy missions and similar missions. Was there any details as to what might be part of these revised systems? Also, have they ever mentioned missions having larger amounts of people at one time in them? But, ah, that might be a stretch. Don't want to rush too much, I prefer quality and functionality. 

I can't WAIT to see how parkour 2.0 is! I wonder how long it will take, as for stealth I do hope they improve it for the spy missions and similar missions. Was there any details as to what might be part of these revised systems? Also, have they ever mentioned missions having larger amounts of people at one time in them? But, ah, that might be a stretch. Don't want to rush too much, I prefer quality and functionality. 

They are working on 8 player raids.

Starting to think DE is trying to go for longest-running Open Beta. xD

Anyways, welcome to you, MinsctheTitan, to the fold of the Tenno. Enjoy our wonderful (and critically acclaimed) Tenno Tuesdays and Forma Fridays!

Depends, has it been open longer than Hawken (even though apparently that is dead)? But that's not what makes it great, it's the whole idea of the devs improving it constantly. 

Depends, has it been open longer than Hawken (even though apparently that is dead)? But that's not what makes it great, it's the whole idea of the devs improving it constantly. 

Hawken died because of a bad F2P model. However, I think DE has it right with the current state of how they run Warframe as a F2P. 

Hawken died because of a bad F2P model. However, I think DE has it right with the current state of how they run Warframe as a F2P. 

Still was a long 4 years, lol. But I see Warframe's model as one that will last for a while. As long as they continue to develop it, continue to keep things interesting they'll have a hearty lifespan.

Warframe launched on October 25th, 2012, as a Closed Beta/Alpha (from Update 1 to Update 6.5). Warframe became an Open Beta on March 18th, 2013 (from Update 7 to Update 15.15.0+).

Uuum srsly lol news to me and how does that work. Seeing as it seems like it is in final form and better than most games. So if its in beta form does that mean we lose everything once it goes live?. Can you leave all the details on this matter here srsly i need to know lol i love warframe been playing for 2 months.

Uuum srsly lol news to me and how does that work. Seeing as it seems like it is in final form and better than most games. So if its in beta form does that mean we lose everything once it goes live?. Can you leave all the details on this matter here srsly i need to know lol i love warframe been playing for 2 months.

It's only a beta in the sense that it is actively being worked upon. I can guarantee you that you won't lose anything when it's "complete".

No, player accounts, progress, and data is saved permanently. Warframe is a rare gem in a desolate gaming genre. Even in other genres, a rare gem. The most recent games have been utter disappointments and cash grabs, DLCs are release! DLCs are supposed to add-on to the game later to revive it, not for quick money.

Short little rant aside, DE works very hard to improve Warframe every day.

bit of advise, if you join a good clan try not to let the players just boost you though the game. asking for help is fine or just disregard this. but if you just get a MR10 or so member just get you all the "main" mods and jump you though the bosses you will not have as much fun as playing normally.

this is coming from a MR14 player who just got jumped though everything and now has nothing enjoyable to do :P