Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random Teleporting

tveeggad

So, I was playing a T4 sabotage with a buddy a few minutes ago, he was playing Limbo and I was playing Mirage. I was hosting the session. Everything was fine and dandy, we entered the portal and got to the corpus tileset, but just after we ran up to the Lynx, my screened blacked out for a split second and the next thing I know I am back in the Void-side of the portal in a loot room, but my friend was still where he was supposed to be. So.. I just.. Randomly teleported across the map. Just like that. Yeah, it sounds like something the crazy hobo across the street would yell at you, but it actually happened.

I honestly wish I could give more details, screenshots or videos, but I was honestly too flabbergasted with what actually happened to think about that. I can say that I saw the screen blacking out for a split second on at least two more occasions during that mission in particular, but I sure as hell didn't teleport all over the place each time it happened.

Though after the teleporting incident we proceeded to extraction, got our rewards and everything was in order. So its certainly nothing game-breaking, but it cost my friend a revive or two. 

Going black for a second, maybe you fell out of the map, somehow?

I know that, sometimes, on the Phobos tileset, exploring outside the map can force you to be teleported back to the very beginning. 

(The respawn location couldn't be set and used a failsafe location?)

Well, in the room when the Lynx spawned, there were no holes to fall into, and the blackouts I had were MUCH shorter than the usual blackness that appears when you fall out of the map. We're talking REALLY short blackouts here, so I am rather certain I didn't fall out of the map. Could be wrong, though.

If I was teleported to a failsafe location, then it would have been a rather odd one. It wasn't on solid ground, more like in the middle of the air just besides an edge that I automatically grappled to.. Bah, it's hard to explain exactly where it is. I'll return with screenshots as soon as I get the chance.