Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage 2.0 And Enemy Armor Scaling

cyrus106

I'm not going to bring out the charts and damage calculation, because most of you know what I'm talking about. In Damage 1.0 puncture/piercing weapons reigned supreme because they ignored armor, which was nice due to extreme enemy armor scaling. DE wanted players to have more diverse options and to fix armor scaling, so they slaved away to make damage 2.0. I know this is a bit late and has already been discussed, but was the ENTIRE point of 2.0 forgotten at the last second? The crux of the issue was armor scaling, let's be real. What emerged from damage 2.0? The use of corrosive(reduces armor) the use of viral(takes away % of hp, counters scaling) and radiation. Since armor ignoring weapons are now gone we see endgame squads stacking corrosive projection. Why? Because of armor scaling. Think: What is the least popular physical damage type? Impact. What does impact do less damage to? Armor. Everything leads back to extreme armor scaling. Thoughts? I feel like if 2.0 was meant to fix armor scaling, it failed miserably

Corrosive is used when you dont have 4x corrosive proj, viral and radiation are used when you do. Seems screwed up to me